GUNS N' ROSES' Chinese Democracy

I think Nice Boys, Shadow of Your Love, Reckless Life and You're Crazy is excellent songs. That's punk rock'n'roll with an attitude. G'n'R killed the pop metal hairband scene, that's why I like them I guess. Sure, some of the Illusion stuff is ok too, but it hasn't got the sheer attack that the really early stuff has. Chinese Democracy sounds like a cross between latter days G'n'R and Marlyn Manson. Not my cup of tea.

But .... ohhhh there are other bands that I have had disdain for from day one ! For Sure !

ZZ Top fall into that category for me - absolute garbage!!!

So you know their first albums then? Which one do you hate the most?

Edited by Knebby

So you know their first albums then? Which one do you hate the most?

I know I could never like much material by a band who have produced stuff like 'legs' and 'gimmee all your lovin'' not to mention *smart dressed man*.

I once tried to listen to eliminator but turned it off.

You are correct by stating their first two albums were quite good and quite bluesy - BUT all their stuff after that is so bland and lacking in inspiration it's just boring!

That kind of post *beheaded* material is nothing but MTV rock music and in my opinion it's crap!

Edited by caroselambra~

Well it's streaming on MS.... imo it's an Axl Rose solo album and its a pale shadow of the almost 22 year old AFD.....Iwas 29 years old when AFD came out and at that time that album was something that gave the world the wake up that great RnR could still be made to sound fresh................But now this new thing will probably only please the kids who were'nt around in 87 to experience the impact GnR had on the rock wasteland of that time... I will most likely buy this thing but there is no chance it will get the two to three hundred plays AFD had. this one is just going to gather dust sitting along side all those other albums that sit unloved on the bottom shelf in my music room......Maybe i should give the money to charity instead, something more deserving than Axl Rose..... Maybe i'll do both.

The songs are good (Axl is crazy as hell, but he can write) but I don't like the production - it's very harsh, artificial and metallic.

I agree that it won't have the impact of Appetite for Destruction; they waited too damn long. But like I say it's quite good, especially the song "Better".