Robert Plant, a man among men.

zooma

And I was being hunted and beaten for it.

Like I said, it wasn't a fun game in my shoes.

I think this is getting a little off-topic here.

I know..it just made me angry when he said plant would have been nothing without Jimmy's riffs...

his zeppelin career was a big and important part of his life but I think he could be successful without this part of his life...he still could have been successful due to his music and powerfull voice that gave him the reputation he has today without being "Robert Plant the lead singer of Led Zeppelin"...

He's very gifted and talented and would have succeeded anyway, as he is determined to be proud of what he does and naturally confident.

I think it is about "Robert Plant, a man among men".

Excuse me please, but I had a right to respond to this:

He plays to win, but he also plays to have fun and not to take it too seriously. He has always had the attitude that he must be proud of what he does.

I don't understand half of what I just read.

Anyway, I love Robert Plant. He's a gorgeous man with an exceptional voice. He's charming and charismatic. I've always appreciated his imaginative lyrics. I'm disappointed that he won't rejoin the Js but he should go where his heart leads him.

There are so many people posting on this board bashing Robert Plant that it is disgusting. This man has given his whole career to making music for people to enjoy and in thanks he gets ridicule, insults, and mockery for staying true to his own heart. Too bad, for the selfish, that Robert won't indulge them with a tour of greatest hits that they so demand because they were born 10-30 years too late to see the real Zeppelin. Robert Plant is the best vocalist of the rock era and should be RESPECTED by anyone with any appreciation of music. The Plant bashers should go F$#% themselves.

Thank You Zooma!! :thumbsup::notworthy:

robert plant is not only the prototype for hard rock vocalists (that's saying alot), but he is a consummate entertainer. add lyricist and recording artist with an impressive body of work outside of led zeppelin and one would struggle to find a more impressive career.

i don't agree that robert would be nothing without the riffs of jimmy page. rather, i remember when led zeppelin was new and the most striking thing about my first listen was plant's voice. for those of us old enough, before there was plant it was a different vocal landscape-then the release of the first album and it was truly an amazing sound. totally original, without precedent, and it changed the voice of rock forever.

so, here's a halloween toast to robert plant-the most distinct voice in music.

robert plant is not only the prototype for hard rock vocalists (that's saying alot), but he is a consummate entertainer. add lyricist and recording artist with an impressive body of work outside of led zeppelin and one would struggle to find a more impressive career.

i don't agree that robert would be nothing without the riffs of jimmy page. rather, i remember when led zeppelin was new and the most striking thing about my first listen was plant's voice. for those of us old enough, before there was plant it was a different vocal landscape-then the release of the first album and it was truly an amazing sound. totally original, without precedent, and it changed the voice of rock forever.

I'll toast to that :beer:

I've always felt we would have heard of Robert sooner or later, had Jimmy not heard him that night. His talent was too good not to have been noticed.

:beer:

I'll toast to that :beer:

I've always felt we would have heard of Robert sooner or later, had Jimmy not heard him that night. His talent was too good not to have been noticed.

:beer:

Archived