Robert Plant, a man among men.

zooma

You know, everytime I start to think really positively about these guys

something like this comes up:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle5037614.ece

and I just want to turn away and never look their way again.

I can honestly say that things were pretty loose in the seventies and the French Quarter in perticular.

I have to admit that I partook in many of the debauchery that the zep guys had :blush:

...and I survived :yes2:

Edited to say: No underage girls though :dont:

I can honestly say that things were pretty loose in the seventies and the French Quarter in perticular.

I have to admit that I partook in many of the debauchery that the zep guys had :blush:

...and I survived :yes2:

Edited to say: No underage girls though :dont:

yeah, but you ended up sick

I saw you wrote that the other day

I'm glad you survived

I don't even get colds.

The most I need to take for meds is a couple of ibuprophen a month

I realize how loose things were. I grew up in Montreal. Scary place it was.

yeah, but you ended up sick

I saw you wrote that the other day

I'm glad you survived

I don't even get colds.

The most I need to take for meds is a couple of ibuprophen a month

I realize how loose things were. I grew up in Montreal. Scary place it was.

It was hereditary.

The first time I rode a subway was in Montreal back in 72 Ottowa was beautiful.

But I can't take cold weather :freezing:

OUCH...

We're not all like that, darlin'. B)

I know. I was specifically speaking of the band members in the post I was writing about :)

Trust me, I don't hate men. :D

Hey, a lot of chicks are just as bad if not worst.

Speaking of which, didn't those girls know these guys had families?

This world is so fucked.

Well, in the case of zeppelin it was men old enough to know better

than to take advantage of young girls who were driven wild by the music.

Same goes for other bands.

And that doesn't even touch on the effect it all had on the general populous.

Something inside my soul tells me sex is sacred. Far from it in that world.

Not my cup of tea.

As for all the groupies who are still proud of themselves - no comment.

Very valid points...

Thanks for the reply. B)

I know. I was specifically speaking of the band members in the post I was writing about :)

Trust me, I don't hate men. :D

Hey, a lot of chicks are just as bad if not worst.

Speaking of which, didn't those girls know these guys had families?

This world is so fucked.

As long as one is true to oneself everything will be alright ;)

Good topic and well done Zooma. :goodpost: To get this back on course, I'm sure most of us here are tired of all the bashing, abuse, ridicule and blame that has been given to Robert Plant for not wanting to record and/or tour with Page and Co. Jimmy said himself that your heart must be into it, for it to happen and he will not force anyone to do it. Robert has given us all a lot of musical pleasure over the years and I hope he continues to do so, whatever path he decides to take as well as Jimmy and Jonesy. We shouldn't put him down, just because he doesn't want to get back with the others. I want to see it as much as anyone, but it looks like it's not in the cards. Whatever comes out of JP, JPJ and JB's project, I'm sure we'll be happy with it, even if it's Robert-less. So can everyone lay off Robert for once. GIVE IT A REST!

:thumbdown::nuke:

I am definitely from another planet. True love is the only thing that matters to me. No wonder I have always felt so alone on this hell hole.

Something inside my soul tells me sex is sacred. Far from it in that world.

Not my cup of tea.

Then I am from another planet too, because I completely agree with you.

Good topic and well done Zooma. :goodpost: To get this back on course, I'm sure most of us here are tired of all the bashing, abuse, ridicule and blame that has been given to Robert Plant for not wanting to record and/or tour with Page and Co. Jimmy said himself that your heart must be into it, for it to happen and he will not force anyone to do it. Robert has given us all a lot of musical pleasure over the years and I hope he continues to do so, whatever path he decides to take as well as Jimmy and Jonesy. We shouldn't put him down, just because he doesn't want to get back with the others. I want to see it as much as anyone, but it looks like it's not in the cards. Whatever comes out of JP, JPJ and JB's project, I'm sure we'll be happy with it, even if it's Robert-less. So can everyone lay off Robert for once. GIVE IT A REST!

:thumbdown::nuke:

Speaking of hearts in it.... I want to hear Jimmy sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I am from another planet too, because I completely agree with you.

I wonder how many of us sat in silence while everyone always talked about their conquests.

I've been in love with the same guy all my life.

I thought it was a dream, but the feelings were more real, than the trap

set up for me.

I wonder how many of us sat in silence while everyone always talked about their conquests.

I've been in love with the same guy all my life.

I thought it was a dream, but the feelings were more real, than the trap

set up for me.

So you are trapped? :huh:

I have to say though I had lotsa good times growing up, I never used anyones heart as my playdoh! :angel:

So True...you can't have a Led Zeppelin Tour...John Henry...is no longer with us...They can have a collection of Friends...But it would flop with Robert...I was there...and we can never be there again...In two years lets see what happens...

Deal with it...

There are so many people posting on this board bashing Robert Plant that it is disgusting. This man has given his whole career to making music for people to enjoy and in thanks he gets ridicule, insults, and mockery for staying true to his own heart. Too bad, for the selfish, that Robert won't indulge them with a tour of greatest hits that they so demand because they were born 10-30 years too late to see the real Zeppelin. Robert Plant is the best vocalist of the rock era and should be RESPECTED by anyone with any appreciation of music. The Plant bashers should go F$#% themselves.

So True...you can't have a Led Zeppelin Tour...John Henry...is no longer with us...They can have a collection of Friends...But it would flop with Robert...I was there...and we can never be there again...In two years lets see what happens...

Deal with it...

A Zep tour would flop WITH Robert???

Common law wives are part of life, and I certainly respect them just as I would anyone and do my very best not to take a holier than thou attitude in their regard. Until I have Walked A Mile In Their Shoes, I really cannot intelligently judge them.

I agree, I never judge a man until I walk a mile in his shoes...

That way he is a long way off and barefoot! :hysterical:

Archived