Snobby Jimmy/Robert?

Wolfman

AC/DC Named Best Band For Autograph-Seekers; LED ZEPPELIN Crowned Worst - Dec. 31, 2008

HoundsTV.com, which features the latest in celebrity autograph news and video, has compiled a list of the best and the worst musicians for autographs and meeting fans in Canada in 2008. The best were AC/DC, COLDPLAY and THE GUESS WHO, while the worst were LED ZEPPELIN, BON JOVI and THE EAGLES.

Regarding AC/DC, HoundsTV.com writes: "Perhaps of all tours to hit Canada this year, none was more anticipated by fans and autograph collectors than AC/DC. It had been more than five years since the last time they breezed through Toronto and everybody remembers how fan friendly they were back then. It was good to see things had not changed with AC/DC and they were still the same great guys in 2008. From the time they checked into their downtown Toronto hotel until boarding the bus to play the sold-out stadium gig, to after lunch on Bloor St. the next day, Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, and Brian Johnson (and yeah, and even the usually tough drummer, Phil Rudd) were signing champs and all round great guys greeting fans and collectors at every turn. AC/DC — the signing champs of 2008. And with a good new album and buzzed about world tour — probably the biggest rock band in the world right now."

On Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (LED ZEPPELIN): "While they were not touring together, founding LED ZEPPELIN members Robert Plant and Jimmy Page arrived in Toronto within weeks of each other during 2008. Plant, on tour with Alison Krauss played a summer show, and Page came to the Toronto Film Festival weeks later to support a film. Page announced on arrival at TIFF regarding autograph requests, 'I'm kinda finished with that,' and stuck to his word. Robert Plant was equally dismissive the few times approached by collectors over the course of the couple of days he was in Toronto. By mutual agreement among many, Page and Plant were the worst rock-god signers to come though during the year. Autograph collectors went home with their LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia unsigned during 2008."

:slapface:

AC/DC Named Best Band For Autograph-Seekers; LED ZEPPELIN Crowned Worst - Dec. 31, 2008

HoundsTV.com, which features the latest in celebrity autograph news and video, has compiled a list of the best and the worst musicians for autographs..... the worst were LED ZEPPELIN,

Plant, on tour with Alison Krauss played a summer show, and Page came to the Toronto Film Festival weeks later to support a film. Page announced on arrival at TIFF regarding autograph requests, 'I'm kinda finished with that,' and stuck to his word. Robert Plant was equally dismissive the few times approached by collectors over the course of the couple of days he was in Toronto. By mutual agreement among many, Page and Plant were the worst rock-god signers to come though during the year. Autograph collectors went home with their LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia unsigned during 2008."

:slapface:

Well that attitude should be highly welcomed by those here who admonish the drive by gawkers of rock stars homes.

I wonder if we'll see the same praise heaped upon Jimmy and Robert for wanting to maintain their privacy amongst autograph seeking fans from those who reject the fan drive-by's? Hard to tell the stalkers from the 'just wanting to be friendly types'. You can't be too reclusive in this day and age of hyper fandom.

Where are the supporters of this?

"Autograph collectors" just collect anybody's autograph, as long as they're famous. I don't blame Jimmy and Robert for being dismissive of them, or Jimmy for being leery of people just wanting to sell his autograph on eBay. Robert has to my knowledge frequently signed autographs (SteveAJones posted a pic of him doing so just the other day), but perhaps he's become a bit leery now too.

I've never tried to get the attention, autograph, or even picture of any musician, athlete, or celebrity - regardless of the circumstances. And I wouldn't pay for any of these things either. I have no problem paying for the music, concert tickets (not from scalpers), and giving my applause at the appropriate time. The people who make money on the sale of these items are part of the sleazy side of entertainment that I don't want to know about.

That was quick!

When will the others line up? :lol:

Personally, after 40 years of constantly signing autographs and being asked stupid questions, day in, day out, by fans and media, i think i'd feel exactly the same as Jimmy and Robert.

Give 'em a break!

Personally, after 40 years of constantly signing autographs and being asked stupid questions, day in, day out, by fans and media, i think i'd feel exactly the same as Jimmy and Robert.

Give 'em a break!

Oh I do. My post is mainly in jest if you coudn't tell.

A nice little conversation is what's important to me, the intangible, something that only you have in your soul, not on a piece of paper or album cover. I don't feel the need to show anyone anything, the memories are what's important.

A simple nod of acknowlegement is satisfaction enough when I happen to meet a rockstar. :D

Page announced on arrival at TIFF regarding autograph requests, 'I'm kinda finished with that,' and stuck to his word.

I don't blame him a bit. He's been signing autographs for 40+ years now, anyone would get tired of it. Plus, there are so many obvious "professionals" around who pester the artist/performer/whatevah to sign multiple things; it's so clear they're just going to sell the damn things on eBay.

I don't blame him a bit. He's been signing autographs for 40+ years now, anyone would get tired of it. Plus, there are so many obvious "professionals" around who pester the artist/performer/whatevah to sign multiple things; it's so clear they're just going to sell the damn things on eBay.

If I were to meet Page, Plant or Jones the only thing I would do is say Thank You.

I have a couple Led Zeppelin autographs and I have to say that Robert Plant Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones were happy to sign something for me and my son. They were all extremly nice and seemed to enjoy having a chat and signing things. This is just my own oppinion from my meetings with them on several different occasions. They all seem to be very nice people and love the contact with there fans it even seemed more so with Jimmy Page.

Both Robert and Jimmy have always been great at signing things. Robert signed my first daughter's birth pic 20 years ago. He signed a backstage pass to me on the POM tour. He aand Jimmy have signed many pieces for me over the years. They've also been incredibly gratious anytime I've been around them. Jason has signed things for me too.

Robert wasn't signing much on the Krauss tour when he came here this year...

BUT he DID sign my original oil painting..

DSC00010.jpg

^ Very nice painting there, ocean. Looks like some mangled thread got stuck to Robert's chest though, couldn't you paint over that? :huh:

Thanks for the compliment...have no idea what you're talking about with "a mangled thread?"

That was quick!

When will the others line up? :lol:

So quick that I was writing my post while you were posting yours, so hadn't read yours first.

And whaddaya know, my views are consistent, and so are those of others who feel the same way. I realize you see this as pack mentality, but there it is, such is life.

Yeah - they should save their hands for playing. I get cramps just signing the tax forms each year!

Maybe they should just have ink stamps of their sigils to save time and keep the ebay hordes from re-selling. :D

R B)

I honestly would love just to meet Jimmy and shake his hand. A picture with him would be even be sweeter. I hate how on ebay there are a supposed bunch of autographed photos of him. Do the sellers honestly believe we are going to fall for this. There's several auctions of this one Jimmy photo that are so fake (like Jimmy sat there and signed hundreds of these).

So quick that I was writing my post while you were posting yours, so hadn't read yours first.

And whaddaya know, my views are consistent, and so are those of others who feel the same way. I realize you see this as pack mentality, but there it is, such is life.

Seems familiar, eh? :rolleyes:

"Autograph collectors" just collect anybody's autograph, as long as they're famous. I don't blame Jimmy and Robert for being dismissive of them, or Jimmy for being leery of people just wanting to sell his autograph on eBay. Robert has to my knowledge frequently signed autographs (SteveAJones posted a pic of him doing so just the other day), but perhaps he's become a bit leery now too.

You can't sell signed items on eBay.

Jimmy and Robert are getting old. Maybe someone would just like some memorabilia from the show to remember the good times? I think it is very snobby of them and that other guy (what's his name Ringo something...)

You can't sell signed items on eBay.

Jimmy and Robert are getting old. Maybe someone would just like some memorabilia from the show to remember the good times? I think it is very snobby of them and that other guy (what's his name Ringo something...)

I've never thought of them as snobby either. Over the last 10 years or so, I've gotten Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul Jones' autographs nearly 60 times. There's been a few times where they simply haven't been in the mood, but more often than not, they've always obliged. Although I do see how old it must get for them... One of the keys is having something interesting for them to sign instead of a Led Zeppelin album cover (although I have all nine signed by Robert and John Paul) Album covers scream 'I'm an autograph hawker and am going to try and sell these on eBay, even though they'll only fetch about $10.' A lot of what I have signed is more personal (photos with them, etc...)

Cheers

Archived