help me understand

kirkh87

:slapface: okay call me ignorant if your will but not 2 days ago i found out about these so called satanic messages in stairway to heaven. im sure you all heard of it before and thats why im hopeing you could help me.

supposidly in stairway, the verse:

if theres a bustle in your hedgehoe dont be alarmed now,

its just a spring clean for the may queen,

yes there are two paths you can go down but in the long run

theres still time to cahnge the road your on.

now reversed it says:

o heres to my sweet satan

the one whos little path would make me sad

hell give to those, those 666

whos power is satan

there was a little tool shed

where he made us suffer sweet satan.

now i did the proceddure myself and indeed it played out just like that. i dont belive the band did it intentionally to make people worshop satan. how ever if they did who cares there not forceing you to look to satan, as said by some of these bible thumpers.

anyway i was hopeing to get some feedback on this topic

thank you

kirkh87

People who probably know better than I, say that when Stairway was recorded it wasn't technically possible to put backwards messages in songs. However the Beatles allegedly have boasted, that they have done it in the 60's (don't go reading those conspiracy theories, that's really bad stuff), and also allegedly Plant has claimed that the Stairway lyrics came to him in "automatic writing", so it is possible that at least in interviews artists can somethimes try to punk you. Hmm, and rock journalists and internet bloggers certainly try to take us for a ride now and then. :rolleyes:

But no, Idon't believe there is any backward message on Stairway, and even if there was it wouldn't be satanic, because the version I've read about before says that Satan makes people suffer and is "sad". Not very effective way to persuade anyone to worship Satan. :lol::hysterical:

People who probably know better than I, say that when Stairway was recorded it wasn't technically possible to put backwards messages in songs. However the Beatles alledgedly have boasted, that they have done it in the 60's (don't go reading those conspiracy theories, that's really bad stuff), and also alledgedly Plant has claimed that the Stairway lyrics came to him in "automatic writing", so it is possible that at least in interviews artists can somethimes try to punk you. Hmm, and rock journalists and internet bloggers certainly try to take us for a ride now and then. :rolleyes:

But no, Idon't believe there is any backward message on Stairway, and even if there was it wouldn't be satanic, because the version I've read about before says that Satan makes people suffer and is "sad". Not very effective way to persuade anyone to worship Satan. :lol::hysterical:

no dude im with you i dont think the band intended to make you worship stan. i was just hopeing for sum more info on the subject and you did that much appreciated

no dude im with you i dont think the band intended to make you worship stan. i was just hopeing for sum more info on the subject and you did that much appreciated

Now I remember also hearing that Aleister Crowley (who supposedly meant something to Jimmy at one time) had an idea that if a trusted mentor (or idol) acts in a shockingly repulsive manner, the followers should grow stronger and more independent after they get over it, so if unpleasant backmasking occurs somewhere, that is likely the only point of it all.... besides attempts to create a badass image and sell more records...

Haha before this topic gets flamed, beleive what you want, although remember this, not everything you hear is there, listen to it without the lyrics in front of you it will make no sense, but when you are trying to hear the lyrics then you will, it is all in your head.

Now I remember also hearing that Aleister Crowley (who supposedly meant something to Jimmy at one time) had an idea that if a trusted mentor (or idol) acts in a shockingly repulsive manner, the followers should grow stronger and more independent after they get over it, so if unpleasant backmasking occurs somewhere, that is likely the only point of it all.... besides attempts to create a badass image and sell more records...

I don't think the BAND went around saying "There's unpleasant backmasking on our album designed to make you worship Stan". That was all in the mind of fans.

The thing to understand about the hidden messages is there aren't any :rolleyes:. And if you play songs backwards yes.. you.. will.. hear .. something. I mean really. Look hard enough for something and you'll eventually find something. Even if that something .. isn't.. real. Just like the black dots here

dots1.jpg.

People can get really jealous of people who are doing things that they don't like. Basically, the parents and preachers who originally came up with this theory did it to try and depopularize Zep. They didn't like Zep and thought the music their kids listened to was bad. They just wanted to make it hard on Zep to sell stuff and look how that worked becasue we all know that the boys live in a cardboard box. :rolleyes:

People can get really jealous of people who are doing things that they don't like. Basically, the parents and preachers who originally came up with this theory did it to try and depopularize Zep. They didn't like Zep and thought the music their kids listened to was bad. They just wanted to make it hard on Zep to sell stuff and look how that worked becasue we all know that the boys live in a cardboard box. :rolleyes:

This is an ancient rumor left over from the 1980's when certain religious "leaders" had too much time on their hands and wanted attention.

I think it can be best summed up by Robert himself when asked about the backwards masking. He replied something to the effect that if they were putting messages on their albums,it would be "Buy more albums" LOL.

Also, there have never been any proof to suggest that people are even capable of interpreting backwards lyrics.

I mean,come on. If I read aloud and recorded passages from the Bible and said to "Shop at Walmart" backwards,would you get in your car and go to Walmart ? How would the brain even be able to understand the sounds let alone "obey" them?

There was a certain mystique around the band and they simply never felt compelled to dismiss the rumors. Peter Grant always knew it was good for the group to maintain a little distance and mystique.

Archived