What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

18 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Been on an archeological dig? Cool finds, Sath.

Today is the last day of July. July is an important month in the Led Zeppelin story. It is a month of endings.

July 7, 1968. The last Yardbirds concert. Which led to the New Yardbirds and the beginning of Led Zeppelin.

July 27-29 1973. The last shows of the 1973 tour and the end of the well-oiled machine era of concerts from 1970 to 1973.

July 24, 1977. The last American Led Zeppelin concert.

July 7, 1980. The last Led Zeppelin concert ever.

No boot exists of the final Yardbirds show, but I'll be listening to their 1968 Shrine Auditorium gig, along with the 7.24.77 and 7.7.80 Zeppelin gigs.

Edited by Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Been on an archeological dig? Cool finds, Sath.

Today is the last day of July. July is an important month in the Led Zeppelin story. It is a month of endings.

July 7, 1968. The last Yardbirds concert. Which led to the New Yardbirds and the beginning of Led Zeppelin.

July 27-29 1973. The last shows of the 1973 tour and the end of the well-oiled machine era of concerts from 1970 to 1973.

July 24, 1977. The last American Led Zeppelin concert.

July 7, 1980. The last Led Zeppelin concert ever.

No boot exists of the final Yardbirds show, but I'll be listening to their 1968 Shrine Auditorium gig, along with the 7.24.77 and 7.7.80 Zeppelin gigs.

Youtube channel 'Led Zeppelin Rarities' started uploading bits like that, pretty convenient when you want to hear that sort of thing without digging through the archives or Youtube.

4 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Strider - haven't you got the show? I can send you a PM if you need one?

Thanks but I can wait until Sunday. I prefer my shows in a physical format...cd, vinyl, cassette. I don't mind previewing a show on YouTube or through a file but I still want a physical copy for my collection and I have a long-time trusty source.

On 8/4/2017 at 8:39 PM, Sue Dounim said:

watching my DVDs of 1979/08/04 for the 38th anniversary

+1 Been watching in segments over the weekend. Encores will be watched later today. Around "Happy Hour"... ;) 

1 hour ago, johnlennon696 said:

Essen 1973.

Dazed and Confused is amazing. The interplay between Page/Bonzo is fantastic.

Yup.  Page should release a live album comprised solely of every Europe '73 "Dazed And Confused" & "Whole Lotta Love" lol--one disc for each show.