Aging Disgracefully

mos6507

See what happens when too many drugs (Richards), alcohol, face lifts (Simmons and Tyler) have an effect on aging. All Jimmy needs is to color his hair to his natural color and he should just look fine. :D

I think Jimmy looks more youthful with his hair natural :)

These articles absolutely infuriate me. What difference does it make how someone looks. Fact of life is we all age. All the plastic surgery in the world ain't gonna change that, and in fact, only exacerbates things. Keef may have lines on his face but his fingers move just fine over the fret. BB King who isn't in great health is still out there playing because he has the desire and the passion. That's the key, not how many or few lines one has :rant:

What a load of bollocks. :mad:

Jimmy looks AMAZING - personally I think he's looking even better than he did in 1977! :wub:

Agreed! He looks better now than he has in the last 30 years. Especially at the Toronto premiere of 'It Might Get Loud'. He looked happy, healthy and gorgeous!

wow...stupid one!

At first: Tina Turner is amazing...she looks years younger than she is. And Jimmy...this is out of discussion!

Second: Keith Richards has more character in his face than these boring web-mag writers will ever have. He's got life!

lol Tina Turner does look as if she is appearing in an episode of Star Trek in that photo, but she looks great as always.

And Robert Plant as a grizzled Viking warlord lol. He still does Battle of Evermore, so that makes sense.

And Gene Simmons as a reminder of your least favorite helmet-haired aunt; hilarious. Los Angeles is just as young and annoyingly irreverant as ever.

But Anne Wilson looks very healthy even though she is somewhat on the round side. I guess people in Los Angeles are still very obsessed with being perfectly thin.

Okay, so with a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles, a shawl and some knitting, Jimmy Page could pass for someone's grandma if you'd had a few drinks and your vision had started to blur, but I wouldn't call it disgraceful. He would actually be cute. He looks elegant enough in silver and black. I wonder what Stacy and Clinton would say.

And Keith Richards makes a great pirate so he is perfect.

Debbie Harry looks really good. She only needs to update her style.

They can do whatever with their faces, and it's the same with everyone of us. I don't mind how Jimmy(I think he looks very good now) and Keef look like, the most important thing is that they are feeling comfortable in their skins.

They can do whatever with their faces, and it's the same with everyone of us. I don't mind how Jimmy(I think he looks very good now) and Keef look like, the most important thing is that they are feeling comfortable in their skins.

:yesnod: :yesnod: And that they feel good and are happy :)

Oh come on, they went out of their way to find the worst possible pics of all those people (and Jimmy still looks good!).

wow...stupid one!

At first: Tina Turner is amazing...she looks years younger than she is. And Jimmy...this is out of discussion!

Second: Keith Richards has more character in his face than these boring web-mag writers will ever have. He's got life!

Damn straight! :bravo:

Some of those pics are already out of date. Tom Jones has stopped dying his hair - he's pure white now (the hair I mean). And Debbie Harry has gotten a face lift, not that she needed one. Having said that, she looks incredible:

article-1113082-02FF17B6000005DC-727_468x655.jpg

Meh. These articles are always pretty pointless. I always think it's the writer's way of trying to display some form of intelligence - usually because they're not doing the writing they want to do - through the art of wit and sarcasm. They succeed on neither account. I'm actually more offended by Ann Wilson being in the list, the implication being that to be fat means to be disgraceful - and aging badly. Hasn't her weight always been well documented? Hasn't she always struggled? I hope I look as good as her or Debbie Harry (and, yes, sans wig, even Tina Turner) when I near 60!

It's not in these writer's best interests to applaud these muscians - where would the fun be? They're catty because they're jealous. They're jealous because they know they'll never have an inch of the talent these people possess. Years to come I'll know each and everyone of the names mentioned. But ask me who wrote it and I'd struggle to remember where the link was from, nevermind the writer.

Meh. These articles are always pretty pointless. I always think it's the writer's way of trying to display some form of intelligence - usually because they're not doing the writing they want to do - through the art of wit and sarcasm. They succeed on neither account. I'm actually more offended by Ann Wilson being in the list, the implication being that to be fat means to be disgraceful - and aging badly. Hasn't her weight always been well documented? Hasn't she always struggled? I hope I look as good as her or Debbie Harry (and, yes, sans wig, even Tina Turner) when I near 60!

It's not in these writer's best interests to applaud these muscians - where would the fun be? They're catty because they're jealous. They're jealous because they know they'll never have an inch of the talent these people possess. Years to come I'll know each and everyone of the names mentioned. But ask me who wrote it and I'd struggle to remember where the link was from, nevermind the writer.

I wish writers would applaud famous people for being accepting of the fact they're older and that THEY embrace it - it would send a much healthier message IMO. Unfortunately we live in a society that seems to think being over the age of 25 is unacceptable and we must spend thousands in order to pretend like we are.

I wish writers would applaud famous people for being accepting of the fact they're older and that THEY embrace it - it would send a much healthier message IMO. Unfortunately we live in a society that seems to think being over the age of 25 is unacceptable and we must spend thousands in order to pretend like we are.

I know :( I've not seen a piece of writing for a long time that applauds aging muscians. What's the betting that these writer's listened to some of the artists they bashed as a kid? How about now? If you're over a certain weight or over a certain age - you're too fat and too old. Never mind if you're talented, you're too much of something that's seen as bad. But it don't matter one jot to me because I listen the music I like knowing that it's stood the test of time. Writing like this won't.

I know :( I've not seen a piece of writing for a long time that applauds aging muscians. What's the betting that these writer's listened to some of the artists they bashed as a kid? How about now? If you're over a certain weight or over a certain age - you're too fat and too old. Never mind if you're talented, you're too much of something that's seen as bad. But it don't matter one jot to me because I listen the music I like knowing that it's stood the test of time. Writing like this won't.

:goodpost:

Archived