Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Amstel

Favorite Led Zeppelin member?

Favorite Led Zeppelin members?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Led Zeppelin member?

Hard to choose, love every memeber, but I'll take John Bonahm or John Paul Jones.

I like the band. Picking a favorite member seems like the opposite of the point, especially for a band that decided it would rather disband than replace even a single member.

I like the band. Picking a favorite member seems like the opposite of the point, especially for a band that decided it would rather disband than replace even a single member.

It's just a question for discussion.

I happen to like all four members the same, just today it's Bonham or Jones.

As you can see, I also added Peter Grant, because he truly is the 5th member of Led Zeppelin.

Edited by Amstel

easy one, Jimmy all the way, this will be a landslide i predict, no votes for Plant yet where's all the fangurrrls?

I love em all, but as a guitar player myself, Jimmy Page was pretty much the main reason I started playing so many years ago. I can't imagine my life without his affect on me and all the friends, joy and fun that music in general brought me too.

easy one, Jimmy all the way, this will be a landslide i predict, no votes for Plant yet where's all the fangurrrls?

Voting for Jimmy.

Ok : this game.. who's your favourite band member? .. is what I play in my head when I'm at a less than compelling concert and I've nothing better to think about. On that basis Led Zeppelin should be above it !

But if I really have to choose... well yes, Jimmy.

I picked Peter Grant. He was a fucking bad-ass, none of it would've happened without him. And besides, he and I sort of look alike, haha.

Itsjohn-bonham-ludwig-640-80.jpg Its Hard to choose but Johm Bonham aka Bonzo wa s beast behind the drums like no other.. He had no training either accordind to Jason Bonham

Edited by ZEPFAN17

I dont know. I had to pick Bonzo. As much as I love all the others, Bonzo had something special. He was a beast indeed.

I have been in love with Robert Plant since I was 16 years old. So, Percy is my fave. :shifty:

They're all brilliant at what they do but Jimmy is special - the creator of Zep, the man with the vision & the talent to realize it. He seems a fascinating mix of determination, passion and vunerability. And when he smiles, he still looks like a little boy. Does it for me!

With all due respect to the other members, especially Robert Plant, Jimmy Page was Led Zeppelin. It was his baby. Jimmy was already a known guy who recruited his old session player buddy John Paul Jones and then pulled Plant and John Bonham out of obscurity. They all contributed greatly to the band. Plant with his vocals and lyrics, Bonham with his thunderous drum attack and Jones with his bass, keyboard and multi-instrumentalist skills, but Page was the heart and soul of the band. When Page took a backseat in the band due to his drug addiction and other issues, the music really suffered for it (while ITTOD wasn't a horrible album by any means, it was my least favorite LZ album). And then Bonham died and it was all over.