Robert Plant

• Administrators
I wonder if it's just me, or it's the same with everyone, but each time I open a photo from the Gallery, it "jumps" up the screen, I can only see it's bottom part. Looks weird. :blink:

Be sure to use a recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browser.

Be sure to use a recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browser.

I use FireFox :) I have to check if its' the recent version...

Edited to add that now it looks perfect. :D Thank you, Sam.

Hi:

I'm using another computer. The pics are fine and completely there....thanks...Very nice to see so much happiness.. :)

Vega: Did you see the one with Puffy in the background... oops...I mean P. Diddy or is that Kanye?

Juliet :D

Hi:

I'm using another computer. The pics are fine and completely there....thanks...Very nice to see so much happiness.. :)

Vega: Did you see the one with Puffy in the background... oops...I mean P. Diddy or is that Kanye?

Juliet :D

Hi there Juliet, not really, I still have to see all of them :)

I think I worked it out - perhaps "photographs jumping" has to do with IT security policies at work (occasionally I use my work computer when nobody's looking :mellow:). Great site great new look.

• 1 month later...
Followed by an appearance at the Grand Prix on April 26; since that time he has been quiet.

It wasn't an"appearance" at the Grand Prix - it was a private visit. He has continued to live his "private life" since then. When he wants to be in public, you'll know about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just went on Robert's site and started watching video-I'm in heaven-I've never seen this stuff before (I've only been "Planchanted" since about 2006)! I watched a few that had me so excited I thought I probably wouldn't be able to sleep, and then got to the live performance of I Believe (Italy 1993). Here I need to take a little sidestep: My Mom lost a baby right after childbirth, so I have a little "brother in the sky", though I was too young to be at the hospital so I didn't meet him. How much worse for a parent to lose a child they've known and loved.

If Robert had done nothing worth listening to in his career besides this song, for me it would still be monumental. The fact that he survived the loss of Karac and could then write and perform this

extraordinary song is a triumph all by itself. Robert radiates passion and joy when he sings to this day: I haven't lost 1% of what he has (don't have children) in my life, yet I struggle almost every day to feel joy. So the fact that HE can give ME joy, after what he's been through, amazes me (it also serves as a big kick in my ass).

It's not the first time I've heard the song (Fate of Nations). And I've gotten choked up before, especially watching the video from 9 Lives. But I hadn't seen Robert perform it in a live setting. I dare you to go to his website and watch that performance without crying. I couldn't. It's extraordinarily sad and beautiful and triumphant, all at once. And he is willing to put it on his website where all of us can witness his wrenching pain and inconquerable optimism.

May the divine bless Robert (and Maureen, Carmen & Karac) forever.

:angel:

(and any of you who have lost a child)

If Robert had done nothing worth listening to in his career besides this song, for me it would still be monumental. The fact that he survived the loss of Karac and could then write and perform this extraordinary song is a triumph all by itself. Robert radiates passion and joy when he sings to this day: I haven't lost 1% of what he has (don't have children) in my life, yet I struggle almost every day to feel joy. So the fact that HE can give ME joy, after what he's been through, amazes me (it also serves as a big kick in my ass).

It's not the first time I've heard the song (Fate of Nations). And I've gotten choked up before, especially watching the video from 9 Lives. But I hadn't seen Robert perform it in a live setting. I dare you to go to his website and watch that performance without crying. I couldn't. It's extraordinarily sad and beautiful and triumphant, all at once. And he is willing to put it on his website where all of us can witness his wrenching pain and inconquerable optimism.

Bologne, Italy Videomusic's 'Roxy Bar' TV Program June 13, 1993

Plant sings 'I Believe', perhaps for the first time to a live audience. Maybe it's just as well that this one doesn't understand English, and doesn't stop bopping blissfully even as he is singing about his son's cremation. But when he gets to the first chorus, all too naked without the supporting noise of a band or the comforts of his familiar echo, he chokes on the line that recalls how he told his daughter her "little brother is in the sky." Practiced performer that he is, he salvages the moment by tossing his hand past his sunglasses, through his hair, in what will pass for yet another extravagant, campy rock gesture, but is really the brushing away of a tear.

- 'Robert Plant: Last of the Red-Hot Rock Stars', Deborah Frost, Spin Magazine, June 1993

Bologne, Italy Videomusic's 'Roxy Bar' TV Program June 13, 1993

Plant sings 'I Believe', perhaps for the first time to a live audience. Maybe it's just as well that this one doesn't understand English, and doesn't stop bopping blissfully even as he is singing about his son's cremation. But when he gets to the first chorus, all too naked without the supporting noise of a band or the comforts of his familiar echo, he chokes on the line that recalls how he told his daughter her "little brother is in the sky." Practiced performer that he is, he salvages the moment by tossing his hand past his sunglasses, through his hair, in what will pass for yet another extravagant, campy rock gesture, but is really the brushing away of a tear.

- 'Robert Plant: Last of the Red-Hot Rock Stars', Deborah Frost, Spin Magazine, June 1993

I've read that review before as well as owning the video. I've watched it several times and IMO I think she's looking for that reaction. I saw nothing that indicated he was choked up (not to mention he's wearing shades). Still a great appearance - lots of silliness and really loose feel to it all.

I've read that review before as well as owning the video. I've watched it several times and IMO I think she's looking for that reaction. I saw nothing that indicated he was choked up (not to mention he's wearing shades). Still a great appearance - lots of silliness and really loose feel to it all.

Same thoughts here.

It was a rather loose engagement what with being whisked in on a helicopter and all. Odd choice of song for such an occasion, but then again it was released as a single.

It was a rather loose engagement what with being whisked in on a helicopter and all. Odd choice of song for such an occasion, but then again it was released as a single.

The interaction between him and Red Ronnie is a hoot! Don't think it's an odd choice of song at all.

Archived