What is your Zep Moment this week?

I read Richard Cole's book and I'm learning Kashmir on the guitar with Midnight Moonlight intro, Been chatting to a kid at my daughters school all about Zep, He's only 14 and a mad fan...Bloody brilliant

...Great, I am starting to read Danny Goldberg's new book Bumping Into Geniuses My Life inside the Rock and Roll Business, and my daughter also is learning classical guitar, she is trying, but hasn't yet mastered my fav. Stairway to Heaven.... :D

....Happy reading, I read Richard's books too, it is generally entertaining, but sensationalized IMO, but nevertheless, Richard is their Tour Manager, and had the opportunity to witness history firsthand, how Stairway to Heaven is "inaccurate" as discussed on this Board is probably true, but really beyond me........ :D

I started re watching Song Remains the Same yesterday, listen to Outrider yesterday and Midnight Moonlight this morning.

I have been playing Fairport Convention's She Moves Through the Fair over and over that is on the CD from the new Uncut which I bought last week. This is the song I have heard inspired Jimmy for White Summer. (Jeff talks about Jimmy too in this same issue).

I also bought Tori Amos's Abnormally Attracted to Sin, in which a couple of the songs sound really Zep like, but I know from Robert's documentary, she loves Zep.

My favorite Zeppelin moment this week, was this past Thursday, when I listened to all the Zeppelin studio albums (From Led Zeppelin I to In Through The Out Door), in order throughout the whole day, in my I-Pod

By the way it was 73 songs and 6.3 hours long, cool

Replaced the batteries in my Zeppelin wall clock today...fricken awesome :D:D and after the power came back on after an hour made sure my sterio still worked by playing How Many More Times until my Dad said "how many more times are you going to play that song" and then we laughed.

Replaced the batteries in my Zeppelin wall clock today...fricken awesome :D:D and after the power came back on after an hour made sure my sterio still worked by playing How Many More Times until my Dad said "how many more times are you going to play that song" and then we laughed.

Is your clock a STH clock that has the last verse on it with the Hermit? I have that one.

Sticking my 5th Zep poster up, and finally finding the LZIII (the hardest LZ CD to find in Texas).

Is your clock a STH clock that has the last verse on it with the Hermit? I have that one.

Sticking my 5th Zep poster up, and finally finding the LZIII (the hardest LZ CD to find in Texas).

Yea it's the same clock. I love it so much.

Yea it's the same clock. I love it so much.

i have that same clock also!

my work has been playing really old ( like from the 40's and 50's ) music over the PA. i hate it. but there was one song that sounded kinda familiar ........ it was an old ( maybe the original ) version of roberts song " sea of love " . i was just wishing they would play roberts version :(

I took my convertable out on Saturday, had all of my Zep CD's, one of my Zep T-shirts on and drove into the mountains up the Blue Ridge Parkway. The wind on my face, the LZ blasting, the scenery..it was a great day!

Today was the last day of school so we were doing finals. Today we had to go to periods 5 and 6. My 6th period is chemistry. When i finished my final and gave it to the teacher and sat down. Being very sneaky like i got out my ipod without my teacher noticing. While i was sitting there listening waiting to leave, i didnt notice my teacher walking around he saw that my ipod was in and said "no ipods put that away" then i said in the most serious voice you can think of "but mr. peterson its led zeppelin" and he said "sweet, keep it in" Best teacher ever

Yesterday driving home I heard Misty Mountain Hop on the radio immediately followed by Four Sticks. Hmmmm...I said to myself. What is the correlation? Two songs in a row by one artist/group. Is it two-fer day or something? Are they playing all LZ songs? Then it hit me out of nowhere. FOUR STICKS FOLLOWS MMH ON THE FOURTH ALBUM! Yes the thought was that loud. I was screaming that thought in my head.

Just to confirm, I took out said CD and was so excited that I was right because that meant Going to California and When the Levee Breaks were coming on next. Only a real LZ geek would know this and it made me proud that there are other LZ geeks who would have gotten this too! :o

My un-understanding friends and family think I am a total dork for this. They think I'm a dork for waiting for the next songs to come on the radio when I am literally holding the CD in my hand and my iPod is in my purse with the album on it.

Does anyone else here get the excitement of hearing the whole album on the radio and being such a LZ geek that you knew what the radio station was doing just based on hearing those two songs in a row?

This past Saturday I took off in my convertable and had all of my Zep CD's, one of my Zep T-shirts on and drove up into the Blue Ridge Mountains with LZ playing all day. The weather was awesome, scenery was georgous and it was a great day all day. I hope all of you stop and take time for days like this:-)

Over The Hills and Far Away!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived