What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Considering all the garbage possibilities and options a teenager has to navigate these days, there are actually parents in the 21st century worried about their High School child reading, "The Kite Runner"?  Wow.  Strange days indeed. 

12 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Did you really? 😂 How come?? I feel like there's a story there lol. Well, 10 years is an impressive run. I don't think I've ever had a laptop or PC that long ... but that's the goal! As long as the system is effective and safe from a security perspective, keep that bad boy (or girl if you like) runnin! 

LOL, yes really. When you have no money to replace it, even with a Windows laptop which is significantly cheaper, you're going to start crying. I was lucky that my sister was able to loan me the money to buy the laptop I'm currently typing this on, but if not for that, I'd have nothing. 

The fact most people cannot discern between a legitimate, peaceful protest and a criminal act and how the metric always changes depending on what side one is on.

No, there is no interpretation here. If you gather and protest peacefully you are doing good. If you gather and break stuff, trespass, injure or kill people, loot or vandalize, you are a criminal, plain and simple. The truckers in Canada are engaging in criminal activity by their actions. They are attacking innocent people, they are making noise all night long, stopping traffic for weeks. The Jan 6 insurrectionists broke into, vandalized, and trespassed into a building. They assaulted people and four people wound up dead as a result. They brought bombs (which thankfully did not go off) and injured dozens of people. The BLM / ANTIFA protests in Portland and other cities resulted in looting and vandalism, and dozens of people injured, that is NOT how you peacefully protest.

How about if we stop defending "our side" and simply use the metric of law to determine what is a peaceful, lawful demonstration is. I don't care who does it, violence, looting, and vandalism is wrong, plain and simple. I would think that would be one page we could all easily get on but, sadly, no.

...does that go for the BLM "mostly peaceful protesters" too?  I agree that the BLM AND 6 January violent protesters should have both been prosecuted, but look at the adjectives the Lame stream media uses to describe each group!  

6FF06FC3-A264-4740-A3F1A0843928C6DC_source.jpg

Edited by Stryder1978
Clarify my agreement

2 hours ago, Electrophile said:

LOL, yes really. When you have no money to replace it, even with a Windows laptop which is significantly cheaper, you're going to start crying. I was lucky that my sister was able to loan me the money to buy the laptop I'm currently typing this on, but if not for that, I'd have nothing. 

Oh, man. Well, that's what family is for - to have each others backs. 🙂

• 1 month later...

My energy bill has just increased 50% overnight. If I hadn't heard about it for months I would have said it was an April Fools Joke. No joke. 31 March I was paying about £120 a month for both Gas and Electricity, now it's about £180 a month. Fortunately we can afford the rise, millions can't. With everything going up and up there will be serious rioting come end of the summer. Also to kick you when you're down, it's forecasted to go up again by 50% in October. :depressed:

5 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I'm so sorry, that must be so hard to come to terms with. 

Thanks, I appreciate that. It is brutal. He is better today as he's no longer groggy from the vets and back to his happy self. But we know what's coming, and will ultimately have to make the decision of when the time is right for him to go. I just can't deal with how hard that is going to be.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:20 AM, rm2551 said:

Found out my doggo is not long for this world.

Listened to Thank You from the Paris Theatre April '71. Balled my damn eyes out.

I lost my second Boston Terrier 12 years ago and I'm still not over it.  Pamper your canine kid as much as possible!

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. It is brutal. He is better today as he's no longer groggy from the vets and back to his happy self. But we know what's coming, and will ultimately have to make the decision of when the time is right for him to go. I just can't deal with how hard that is going to be.

I understand. 

I'm  crazy cat lady, and I'll be a mess when their time comes.

💔

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Pamper your canine kid as much as possible!

Mate, half the time in bed I'm spooning the missus, the other half it is one of our doggo's. They are literally kings in this house and we wouldn't do it any other way.

14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Mate, half the time in bed I'm spooning the missus, the other half it is one of our doggo's. They are literally kings in this house and we wouldn't do it any other way.

Good on ya!  It does my heart good knowing that there are "Canine parents " like you and Mrs. m2551 out there treating their dogs so well!  Bless you all!

I drove home from up in Northern Ca. today. It was about a 250 mile drive. We had to take 101 from beyond SF, and the. Go to the 580/880 interchange. It was possibly the most frustrating drive I’ve had in a few years. Then 880 south to Highway 17. When did people forget that those who are slower should be in the right hand lane. Damn. I understand you don’t know the road like I do, and perhaps you are not as good a driver. But staying in the fast lane and creating tons of traffic is actually dangerous. I also understand that my complaint is 1st world problems, and that I sound slightly dickish. But for the love of God move the F$c& over and get in the slow lane you total jackass. 

Okay, I really do now sound like a creep, and know that this is the least of the problems going on. But it was 4 hours of insane people doing insane shit. 

32 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

I drove home from up in Northern Ca. today. It was about a 250 mile drive. We had to take 101 from beyond SF, and the. Go to the 580/880 interchange. It was possibly the most frustrating drive I’ve had in a few years. Then 880 south to Highway 17. When did people forget that those who are slower should be in the right hand lane. Damn. I understand you don’t know the road like I do, and perhaps you are not as good a driver. But staying in the fast lane and creating tons of traffic is actually dangerous. I also understand that my complaint is 1st world problems, and that I sound slightly dickish. But for the love of God move the F$c& over and get in the slow lane you total jackass. 

Okay, I really do now sound like a creep, and know that this is the least of the problems going on. But it was 4 hours of insane people doing insane shit. 

No, you don't sound like a creep. 
That shit pisses me off as well.

My wife and I call it "homesteading".

• 1 month later...

Well after 2 and a bit years we have finally succumbed to Covid. First Mrs CP. She started to feel rough last Wednesday. Tested positive last Friday. I on the other hand steadfastly refused to let the bastard in. However, inevitably and annoyingly it got me. Tested positive this morning. To be honest I do feel a little tired and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool. Ears are blocked and I feel like I have a heavy cold or I sniffed a bowl of Charlie.

Good news. Mrs CP feels fine today and the line on the test chart is faint, so I hazard a guess she'll be negative tomorrow. Bad news. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy. Really looking forward to seeing what the next few days offers me. Hopefully I wont be as bad and I'll be back to normality soon.

58 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well after 2 and a bit years we have finally succumbed to Covid. First Mrs CP. She started to feel rough last Wednesday. Tested positive last Friday. I on the other hand steadfastly refused to let the bastard in. However, inevitably and annoyingly it got me. Tested positive this morning. To be honest I do feel a little tired and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool. Ears are blocked and I feel like I have a heavy cold or I sniffed a bowl of Charlie.

Good news. Mrs CP feels fine today and the line on the test chart is faint, so I hazard a guess she'll be negative tomorrow. Bad news. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy. Really looking forward to seeing what the next few days offers me. Hopefully I wont be as bad and I'll be back to normality soon.

Get some Zep in while you recuperate.

I genuinely wonder if herb assists....

Edited by rm2551

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

I wish you both the best.  Like you, I've been able to avoid it thus far!  Glad to read it didn't put you in the hospital!! 

25 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I wish you both the best.  Like you, I've been able to avoid it thus far!  Glad to read it didn't put you in the hospital!! 

Jeez thanks man. Hospital !! I've only just tested positive this morning. Good job I'm not the paranoid type.