Inspirational People

Jimmy's A Legend

Basically this is a thread where you talk about inspirational people, wheather they are bands, musicians, philosphers, poets, artists, writters, or maybe your family or friend. Whether they have inspired you personally or if they stand out as an inspiration, and why.

One inspiration I would have to say is Nikki Sixx. I've just finished reading The Heroin Diaries and have watched many videos about the book and I think that the book is such a poweful boo, it really gets you thinking about what you want in life, is it what you want, and I'm sure that he has inspiraed many others. Nikki is a guy who has told the truth about the life of his additon, do you really want everything you've always wanted?

Edit; And also, am sure that he has helped other people who have their own addictions even if they are not Heroin.

Anyone else?

My uncle. Now 89 yrs old and still full of life. He was one of 44 survivors of the Princess Victoria passanger ferry that capsized and sank in the Irish Sea on Jan 31 / 1953 during what is known as the Great Storm that devestated the coastal areas of the UK and northern Europe. She was carrying 179 people at the time. Anyway's, he was a cook on board at the time and after recovering from his injuries, he went on to have a stellar career making the same daily crossing eventually, retiring as a chief petty officer. Aside from being one tough old boy and a hell of a guy, his experience that day alway's put's a bit of perspective on any bad day that I may be having at work ;)

Right now I would have to say my Australian friend Val (Owl). She inspires me to play classical guitar even though I know I'll never really be that good at it. But listening to her play, she is truly a master. :)

You people are so shallow.

Mine are,

1. Buddha. Preached Non Violence.

2. Ghandi. Preached Non Violence.

3. Jesus. Preached Non Violence.

Regards, Danny.

What's shallow about being inspired by someone, regardless of what they are or what they do? I'm inspired by my mother and Stevie Nicks in equal measure. One berates me for not eating properly, criticizes my taste in fashion and music; the other sings songs about witches and faeries. In the grand scheme of things, neither make the world go round. But they inspire me. And that's all that matters.

I'm inspired by family, singers, actors, painters, writers, friends, enemies, strangers. If there is anyone that makes me think, 'wow, I want to do/be that' or 'I want to better myself', etc, then I'm inspired. Hitler didn't preach non-violence, but he inspired me to never be as cruel, as ignorant, as arrogant, and as weak as he was.

What's shallow about being inspired by someone, regardless of what they are or what they do? I'm inspired by my mother and Stevie Nicks in equal measure. One berates me for not eating properly, criticizes my taste in fashion and music; the other sings songs about witches and faeries. In the grand scheme of things, neither make the world go round. But they inspire me. And that's all that matters.

I'm inspired by family, singers, actors, painters, writers, friends, enemies, strangers. If there is anyone that makes me think, 'wow, I want to do/be that' or 'I want to better myself', etc, then I'm inspired. Hitler didn't preach non-violence, but he inspired me to never be as cruel, as ignorant, as arrogant, and as weak as he was.

Hi LDW,

I said it to get a reaction, which i always do, and you didnt fail me did you? thats all.

Regards, Danny

PS, How long have you known me? :whistling:

You people are so shallow.

Mine are,

1. Buddha. Preached Non Violence.

2. Ghandi. Preached Non Violence.

3. Jesus. Preached Non Violence.

Regards, Danny.

jesus christ, why are you influenced by jesus christ in a non violent way?

jesus christ, why are you influenced by jesus christ in a non violent way?

Hi 'middlezep'

"Turn the other cheek"

"Give unto Caesar what is Caesars, but give unto God what is Gods"

The meekest man in History, whats is there not to be influenced by?

Buddha and Gandhi too.

Regards, Danny

"Turn the other cheek"

"Give unto Caesar what is Caesars, but give unto God what is Gods"

The meekest man in History, whats is there not to be influenced by?

Regards, Danny

I always found Jesus kinda demanding, and he really let me down that time he busted up tables at that temple meeting...

I am inspired In Life-My Mom and My Son

In Music -the obvious-The Might Zeppelin

In Art- Peter Lik and Wyland

Spiritual-The Creator

In Business- Horst Schultze

My close friends

The beauty of animals and this earth

I always found Jesus kinda demanding, and he really let me down that time he busted up tables at that temple meeting...

Hi Jimmy Ray,

Yea he did get angry on that occasion, but he payed for it afterwards. :lol:

Shouldn't laugh really, but he was provoked, wasn't he?

Hi 59LesPaul

"Shallow? I'll take it.....I've been called a lot worse... "

Sorry mate, i was only joking, your entitled to be Inspired by anyone you chose.

As for me? well lets see,

1. Data.

2. Spock.

3. Sherlock Holmes.

All inspired me to be more Logical.

Regards, Danny

Hi 59LesPaul

"Shallow? I'll take it.....I've been called a lot worse... "

Sorry mate, i was only joking, your entitled to be Inspired by anyone you chose.

Regards, Danny

I know,so was I...the lack of a smilie was me trying to be deadpan.

It wasn't taken as anything but. B)

To my Mom....Who this week passed the one year mark with her battle with pancreatic cancer. Still cancer-free, and actually gaining some weight. :bravo::hurrah::bravo:

Man that is fantastic news, I've heard that's a hard one to beat. That is also an inspiration to me. I'll be starting my 7th treatment of 12 tommorow after having

a normal ct scan a couple weeks ago. :D

Archived