Scarlet Page & Tom Brown Wedding in London

SteveAJones

Seems to me I once read something unflattering that Halfin said about Planty-something like, he doesn't like to give other people credit for their work? Whatever it was, at the time I thought it was kind of nasty, considering Halfin must make a lot of $ from his photos of Zep/Plant. But don't quote me on what he said, because my memory is crap. Plus Halfin might have meant it as a joke, if he did say it.

As Aqua said, Robert's quote on his website was "how can such a nasty person take such good pictures". My statement was an attempt at humor based on long standing feelings by some members that everything is Robert's fault ;)

As Aqua said, Robert's quote on his website was "how can such a nasty person take such good pictures". My statement was an attempt at humor based on long standing feelings by some members that everything is Robert's fault ;)

Got a letter from the IRS today saying I owe $640 in back taxes. Forwarded it to Percy. :lol:

:slapface::slapface::slapface: YAWNNNNNNN ACKKK

What besides needing sleep and having a gag reflex is you're trying to communicate?

Are you saying Page's daughter's wedding is yawnworthy? Or that anyone having interest in it is gagworthy? There's people here who actually know her, y'know? It's not necessarily fan-fawning over someone who happens to be related to someone who happened to be in Led Zeppelin. ;)

Besides, Ross took the pics, so it MUST be official! :beer:

Gorgeous photos. Would it be gauche of me to ask who the lovely Miss Hill is? Yes? OK.

Happy b-day to Ross Halfin. Hey, he's a Leo just like his pal Robert :)

As far as I know Miss Hill is a friend of Ross and Kazuyo(Ross's assistant).

I guess she was asked to help the ceremony with Kazuyo by Ross.

I was perusing RH's diary when I came across the wedding item. He hadn't posted pics at that time and then I saw them here yesterday.

Scarlet was a beautiful bride; she is almost the splitting image of Jimmy in the pic w/Ross. And Jimmy looked very distinguished and handsome. I wonder if Jimmy got a tad "misty" when he had to give his baby away. :)

Congrats and best wishes to to the wonderful couple and their families! :toast:

Congrats to the happy couple!

Gotta say it's kind of strange having all this family info out there now with the internet and everyone blogging, etc.

For most of the band's lifetime in the 70's I, and I reckon most other Zep fans, had no clue about the band's family and what they looked like, etc.

Oh sure, we knew Plant and Jones and Bonzo were married and had families, but that was one of the BIG revelations to me when "The Song Remains the Same" film came out: we could AT LAST see what their families looked like.

All except for Jimmy of course. He was a bit more secretive. I don't think I found out he even had a daughter until the interview Creem ran around the time of Knebworth...it was probably also published in the NME the same time.

Different times we live in indeed.

A lot of Japanese fans(in the 70's) knew in 1976 Jimmy also had a family.

In fact he said in interview of the most major music magazine in Japan that ''I'll spend Christmas holiday with only my family.My daughter Scarlet is 5 years old now.''

Some of fans were surprised to read this because we believed he had been a single man. (though he might have been a single man legally)

However, some older fans had already known that Jimmy had gotten a child in 1971.It's recorded in the old Japanese music magazine.This book was republished last year.Of course I got this!

In the questions and answers with Zep fans when Zep's first Japan tour did in 1971,a male fan asked Jimmy 'Hi Jimmy,I heard you got a child recently.' Jimmy answered 'Yes I got a daughter.I named her Scarlet(with smile).'(P.71)

As far as I know it's very rare he talks about his privacy.But he sometimes (not very often) had said it to Japanese media.He talked about even his granddaughter last year.(that she is very fond of Japanese animation for children)

Therefore some of Japanese fans might feel a sense of closeness to Jimmy, I think. :)

Archived