I won 20 grand

danelectro

Hehe Aqua. You know I wish it was more because I would spread it around further than I intend to. My Brother was recently laid off, my Dad needs a new TV and my roomie could use a break too. I will be as generous as I can and use the rest to pay down debt. I may buy some parts for the cheapie guitars I like to mod and go out to eat but I will be realistic with it.

And yes Bongman it is a GREAT day!

Yeah it's 29%, the lottery office was able to tell me what my check would be when I called. The additional income on my 09 taxes will pretty much wipe out my itemized deductions too but I'll still be around nine thousand ahead so I'm not complaining.

BONUS!

Nice score.

Side note - this summer a guy about 2 spots in front of me in line hit a scratch-off for $250,000 literally while I was standing there. I actually felt nauseous. It was a $10 Bass Pro Shops ticket. The worst part was the realization that, had he not purchased the ticket, I would have still missed it because I never purchase tickets over $3, and certainly never the $10 tickets. I think that was the source of my physical discomfort.

I matched all 5 on the Cash 5 ticket, the prize is 20k. I called lottery offices and my payout after tax is $14,200. Today is a good day.

How's it going "danelectro?" I hope all is well with you. Congratulations on your conquest! That is so cool! I won $25,000 playing Keno in Vegas some years back so I know how you feel at the moment. Hey, how bout throwing a party and inviting all of us fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics over, now that would be cool wouldn't it? JUST KIDDING! What are you planning to do with $14,200? ROCK ON!

Side note - this summer a guy about 2 spots in front of me in line hit a scratch-off for $250,000 literally while I was standing there. I actually felt nauseous. It was a $10 Bass Pro Shops ticket. The worst part was the realization that, had he not purchased the ticket, I would have still missed it because I never purchase tickets over $3, and certainly never the $10 tickets. I think that was the source of my physical discomfort.

Somewhat related to TypeO's story. Just last weekend I was riding home after eating out with a friend and the news on the radio was about someone winning the lottery. I commented how I never win anything and thought aloud that I'm not greedy I'd just like to hit the Cash 5 for 20K. I won it the very next drawing. I'm kind of sorry I didn't say I'd like to win the Powerball.

Thanks folks. I couldn't wait so I headed to the lottery office to cash it in so I am about ready for a beer. I figured I better wait until I had check in hand before having a dinner out. Bad news is I have to blow my "diet" tonight, I just started a new workout and meals program to drop a few lbs before winter.

Congratulations.

Lottery prizes are tax free here in Oz!

Hi Reg,

Same as here in Europe, but did you see this though?

http://www.bloomberg...id=a07T6Vbk2FSM

Italian Villager Wins Record $210 Million Lottery Jackpot

Aug. 24 (Bloomberg) -- A resident of the castle-toppedTuscan village of Bagnone won more than 147 million euros ($210.6 million) in Europe's biggest lottery jackpot, and seemedintent on trying to stay unknown. The winner bought the ticket for 2 euros at a bar in thecentral Italian town of 2,000, about 120 kilometers (75 miles)northwest of Florence. The lucky inhabitant, who has yet to comeforward, can choose to remain anonymous and has 90 days to claimthe cash. Local residents popped bottles of sparkling wine atthe bar on Aug. 22 to celebrate the fortune of the winner intheir midst. That person may be a 47 year-old local man, theANSA news agency reported yesterday.

"I hope the winner knows how lucky he is and knows how tohandle such an event," said the town's mayor, GianfrancoLazzeroni, in an interview with SkyTG24 television. "This is anopportunity to raise the visibility of this small corner ofItaly."

The draw, broadcast live on RAI state television two daysago, showed the winning numbers to be 10-11-27-45-79-88. It wasthe first time since Jan. 31 that someone had picked the rightcombination from the 90 possible numbers in play. The odds ofselecting the numbers were 622 million to one, Agence France-Presse reported. The jackpot is tax-free.

Lottery fever has been on the rise in Italy, with more than400 million euros spent on tickets in July and 300 million eurosso far in August, according to Sisal SpA, the lottery company.

'Immoral'

The biggest winner may be the Italian government, whichtakes about half the revenue from ticket sales, though noteveryone is excited about the lottery frenzy. Roman CatholicChurch officials have denounced the game, with Bishop DomenicoSigalini saying it was "immoral" for the government toencourage it.

Italy's SuperEnalotto debuted in 1997. Its previous biggestjackpot was 100 million euros, won last year by the unidentifiedholder of a ticket purchased in the Sicilian city of Catania.The new jackpot will start at 38 million euros.

Lotteries elsewhere have paid larger jackpots. Powerball, aU.S. multistate lottery, had a winning jackpot on Aug. 20 of$259.9 million. The winning ticket was bought in Columbia, thestate capital of South Carolina.

Powerball winners only receive the full amount if theyaccept annual payouts over 29 years and also have the prizemoney taxed.

A 25-year-old Spanish woman in May appears to hold theprevious European record. She won a 126 million euro, tax-freeprize in the Euro Millions nine-country lottery.

Spain's Christmas lottery known as El Gordo, or the FatOne, is considered the world's largest draw with a total prizepool of more than $2 billion. In that game there are thousandsof winning tickets, leading to smaller individual payouts.

Some Guys get all the Luck, still i thing its quite immoral, more money than most Rock Stars earn in a Lifetime, still i think i could become quite immoral too if i could only win the bloody thing. :lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, I also heard that the Maffia wanted a 25% cut of his winnings, i expect him to keep a very low profil for the rest of his life then.

I'm not complaining, deposited a check for 14200 into my account this afternoon. Am I rich, nah, actually had more than that in my savings account already. But I do feel better. Like I mentioned earlier this kind of confused me. As much as I'd like to do something different, buy cool guitars, take a trip, eat as much vindaloo and pho' as I can stand etc. I am going to spread it around with those in my life that need some help. If I can a stash a little for a rainy day I'll be thrilled, if not and I wake when it's gone I go on as I did before it happened.

I'm not complaining, deposited a check for 14200 into my account this afternoon. Am I rich, nah, actually had more than that in my savings account already. But I do feel better. Like I mentioned earlier this kind of confused me. As much as I'd like to do something different, buy cool guitars, take a trip, eat as much vindaloo and pho' as I can stand etc. I am going to spread it around with those in my life that need some help. If I can a stash a little for a rainy day I'll be thrilled, if not and I wake when it's gone I go on as I did before it happened.

I think that's really admirable that you are going to help those that need it rather than just splurge on yourself :beer:

Hi Danelectro,

You know the old saying?

"A friend in need, is a fcuking nuisance" and

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

Kind Regards "Friend", Danny, and good luck to ya.

PS, Pay Pal is quite acceptable as far as i'm concerned. :lol:

Hey Danny!

I bet they made him an offer he couldn't refuse! smile.gif

While it would be nice to win a big prize like that but what would you do with all that money? mellow.gif

People would be hounding you for donations to charities and then there's the family element too. ohmy.gif

Personally, I would keep it as quiet as possible until I figured out exactly what I was going to do. huh.gif

Most of us wouldn't have a problem with giving some of it away but it could be very stressful if not handled well. sad.gif

BTW, if anyone receives an airline and admission ticket (sent anonymously), to an exclusive Led Zeppelin gig somewhere on the planet, well it may be I've won the really big one! cool.gif

So until then I'll just buy another ticket, "you've gotta be in it to win it"! biggrin.gif

Archived