Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

This actually pretty decent advice. I've noticed that whenever I go out. For example, I might go out with my sister, and get hit on maybe once or twice, sometimes not at all. But when I go out alone, I might get hit on maybe five to ten times. Sometimes people will insist on sitting by me and talking for a bit. Regardless of whether I am happy or bummed out.

I completely agree, when me and my buds went out we would have one drink together while scoping the scene and then It was like Ya'll know where the cars are parked.

I completely agree, when me and my buds went out we would have one drink together while scoping the scene and then It was like Ya'll know where the cars are parked.

Completly unrelated, but I love your sig. That cracks me up. :lol:

Dude, it's never been THAT easy for me. I wish it was.

And i was with ya until the "looks are unimportant at this stage" part. :o

spats,.. you have said repeatedly that you won't be interested in any girl who isn't a "hottie". You've also said you don't like the way you look, which I take it means you're no "hottie" yourself. It seems to me then that if women were to apply to you the same shallow standard that you apply to women, no woman is ever going to be interested in you.

I wonder when (or if) you're gonna grow up and realize that there are many factors

other than physical appearance that go into making somebody "attractive".

I have no idea what you look like spats, but I can tell you this much:

your attitudes about women and relationships is extremely unattractive.

Until you develop some maturity and change your attitudes, you're never going to find

a woman who will want to spend any time with you. You can take that to the bank, bud.

But hey,.. at least you'll have your "buddies" to hang with, right? :P:rolleyes:

Grow up, dude.

..and get into therapy/counseling.. pronto.

:hippy:

spats,.. you have said repeatedly that you won't be interested in any girl who isn't a "hottie". You've also said you don't like the way you look, which I take it means you're no "hottie" yourself. It seems to me then that if women were to apply to you the same shallow standard that you apply to women, no woman is ever going to be interested in you.

I wonder when (or if) you're gonna grow up and realize that there are many factors

other than physical appearance that go into making somebody "attractive".

I have no idea what you look like spats, but I can tell you this much:

your attitudes about women and relationships is extremely unattractive.

Until you develop some maturity and change your attitudes, you're never going to find

a woman who will want to spend any time with you. You can take that to the bank, bud.

But hey,.. at least you'll have your "buddies" to hang with, right? :P:rolleyes:

Grow up, dude.

..and get into therapy/counseling.. pronto.

I realize that personality matters as well. But you have to be physically attracted to them. This is with everybody. It's not rocket science. I don't think anyone has sex with someone they find physically unappealing. Looks are the first impression you of somone. If you are not impressed then you won't get to know them more.

What about my attitude toward women is unappealing? I get along with most women.

That's it. I am completely convinced; Spats is fake. He is a fake account, being manned by someone with too much time on their hands and a bad sense of humor. You are fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

Everyone needs to accept this. He's not real, he will never be real, this is an elaborate ruse and we should all be ashamed we fell for it. I'll go stand in the corner for an hour as punishment.

That's it. I am completely convinced; Spats is fake. He is a fake account, being manned by someone with too much time on their hands and a bad sense of humor. You are fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

Everyone needs to accept this. He's not real, he will never be real, this is an elaborate ruse and we should all be ashamed we fell for it. I'll go stand in the corner for an hour as punishment.

*runs in*

:console:

*runs out*

Agreed ^ :lol:

I realize that personality matters as well. But you have to be physically attracted to them. This is with everybody. It's not rocket science. I don't think anyone has sex with someone they find physically unappealing. Looks are the first impression you of somone. If you are not impressed then you won't get to know them more.

What about my attitude toward women is unappealing? I get along with most women.

Not a man. Busted!

Well we are like that too. We don't spend the whole night sitting at a bar or table together. But i wouldn't go to a club by myself. It would just look bad. Like you didn't have any friends or something.

Not a man. Busted!

Agreed v :lol:

Have you done that? They only time i knew someone who did it , it was a buddy and it was because he was really drunk, met a girl and he was not really thinking clearly. He regretted it later. Altoughth he said he had a good time while it was happening.

I do a lot of things by myself. Going out to dinner, going to the movies, going to a museum/cultural center.....I don't always need to be in a group to feel like I'm enjoying myself.

I do a lot of things by myself, too.

But not the things Spats ends up doing by himself: sex. ROFL

Sorry Spats, I couldn't resist. I just HAD to do it. I try really hard not to make fun of YOU, but of what you're saying. But this time--it had to be done. :P

I do a lot of things by myself. Going out to dinner, going to the movies, going to a museum/cultural center.....I don't always need to be in a group to feel like I'm enjoying myself.

I don't usually do stuff like that by myself. I went to the movies on Valentines day by myself but that was because most of my buddies were doing things with their girlfriends and wives. But going to a club by yourself is a no-no. because everyone else is usually with friends.

I don't usually do stuff like that by myself. I went to the movies on Valentines day by myself but that was because most of my buddies were doing things with their girlfriends and wives. But going to a club by yourself is a no-no.

I find that shocking news that you were alone on VD. What happened to getting laid?

With all the advice your buddies gave you and the suggestions from the board. How is it that you can't cash in? --DUDE

I don't usually do stuff like that by myself. I went to the movies on Valentines day by myself but that was because most of my buddies were doing things with their girlfriends and wives. But going to a club by yourself is a no-no. because everyone else is usually with friends.

Here's another idea. Starbucks. Start hanging out at your local coffee shoppe. It doesn't have to be a chain. A cool funky, groovy coffee joint. Chicks love java. If I was in college, my part time job would be at Starbucks, chicks in all shapes, sizes, ages. What a party. You should hang out at your local java joint and just start observing who is coming and going. Eventually you'll see a pattern. The goal is to infiltrate a group of regulars and become part of their group. Chicks love going to coffee shops in groups. You work your way into their group (gradually) and eventually go for the kill. GO WITHOUT YOUR DOPEY BUDDIES, THEY WILL RUIN IT.

Here's another idea. Starbucks. Start hanging out at your local coffee shoppe. It doesn't have to be a chain. A cool funky, groovy coffee joint. Chicks love java. If I was in college, my part time job would be at Starbucks, chicks in all shapes, sizes, ages. What a party. You should hang out at your local java joint and just start observing who is coming and going. Eventually you'll see a pattern. The goal is to infiltrate a group of regulars and become part of their group. Chicks love going to coffee shops in groups. You work your way into their group (gradually) and eventually go for the kill. GO WITHOUT YOUR DOPEY BUDDIES, THEY WILL RUIN IT.

Yeah but i am in no position to be approaching a group of girls by myself. :o The only coffee shops near me are starbucks for the most part and no one in there is chatting up strangers. I do agree that you see a lot of pretty girls in those places though. Do you know people who get picked up in coffee shops? :blink: I knew a girl that worked there that asked me out once but that's it.

Honestly, i don't think my buddies ruin things for me. They have been trying to help me out. But they expect miracles. They are amazing in that They can approach repeatedly and never get phased or never hesitate and they usually come back with a number or two. The women they chat up arent always what i consider hot but they still do it and are usually sucessful. But they are also for the most part good looking.

I find that shocking news that you were alone on VD. What happened to getting laid?

With all the advice your buddies gave you and the suggestions from the board. How is it that you can't cash in? --DUDE

You know why.

Well we are like that too. We don't spend the whole night sitting at a bar or table together. But i wouldn't go to a club by myself. It would just look bad. Like you didn't have any friends or something.

Again--who gives a flying FUCK what other people think!! My god, spats. No offense, but sometimes I wish I could just grab you by the shoulders and shake you REALLY HARD.....

I never said physical attraction isn't important. If you had an inkling of maturity or

insight, you'd realize that physical attraction isn't just about someone being "hot".

Sometimes it's her eyes.. or her smile.. or her hair.. or any number of other features or characteristics that you might find attractive about a woman.. even if overall she might not considered "hot".

And fyi,.. relationships are not about "first impressions". What can you really tell about someone based solely on first impressions based on their looks? Answer: not much,.. if anything. You say "being impressed" by a woman's "looks" is the only reason that you'd want to get to know someone better? Not only is that immature and piggish of you, but what if that same standard was applied to you by women looking at you? Would any woman be "impressed" enough by your looks to want to get to know you better?

It would seem to me that since you don't wanna be "rejected" based on your looks, maybe you wouldn't be going around being so focused on other peoples' looks. I'd think you'd maybe have some sensitivity and insight into the fact that a person's looks don't tell the story of who that person is. But hey, that's just what I'd think; obviously you don't think that way.

I'm gonna say this as delicately as I can, while also respecting you enough to be very direct with you, spats: It's quite apparent to me that you are incredibly shallow, immature, and obtuse. That's why you can't get a date, and that's why even if you do get a date someday, there's not likely going to be a second date.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

You need therapy, dude.

Lots of therapy.

The sooner the better.

What about your attitude toward women is unappealing?

For starters.. everything.

If you "get along with most women", as you claim you do, then how come you can't get a date to save your life? huh.gif And how come you never ever reference what your women friends tell you about women and relationships but instead constantly talk about what your idiot-sounding "buddies" tell you about women and relationships? Huh? :whistling:

Fwiw,.. I am pulling for you to get a date someday, bud. :cheer:

I can't wait to hear how.. uhh.. well it goes! :thumbsup:

Here's a bit of advise for ya in the unlikely event that you do get a date:

Do NOT talk about how wounded you are from your childhood rejection.

Do NOT talk about how you don't like to give or get oral sex.

Do NOT talk about what your "buddies" have told you.. about anything.

Do NOT talk about your "I don't like game playing" game playing rules.

Do NOT tell her you "just want someone to hang out with" and hold hands with.

Ok? ;)

:beer:

Archived