Jimmy Page

lzzoso

I'd vote "yes, all five of the above"... biggrin.gif

But if being forced to pick just one, for me it would probably be the Les Paul in terms of the trademark that pops into my head most often in regards to him visually. Is the very reason I bought a brand new Les Paul myself once - because it was "Jimmy's guitar"...

However, I'd say his most timeless and important "trademark" would be #5 (his production of the songs and albums)! That's the "trademark" I'm most grateful for personally since it's largely the precise reason Zeppelin's music is so special to me sonically, structurally and creatively, relative to all other bands of it's time (or still today for that matter) wink.gif ...

I would agree

If one is as much a Jimmy Page Fan like I consider myself to be, his "Trademarks" are both "Influential" and "Legendary" and beyond Question. Since I started this topic, I wanted to read what others considered to be Jimmy Page's most famous and most recognizable "trademark" that he has given us and given the world in general. Again, there are so many to choose from. None are either right or wrong. It seems to be a matter of preference and opinion.

When You listen too, see or think of James Patrick Page and Led Zeppelin, what is the first thing that You think of or that comes to Your mind?

As a guitar player I'd say the Les Paul, mostly with regard to it's contribution to their sound picture which I find epic. Anyway, none of his trademarks, which are more than your five listings, can be excluded. They are all part of his image both visually and audialy :)

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old topic, however, I have been reading alot of old topics in the Master Forum and came across this topic I started way back in November 2009. Jimmy's most famous Trademark. Lots of good responses and replies. I realize this is not really a Jimmy Page trademark, but I thought I would like to add Jimmy's silver or gray or white hair. I remember being a little shocked when I saw Jimmy with his "new" hair when I received and played my bootleg copy of the Led Zeppelin 2007 O2 Tribute to Ahmet Ertugen dvd.

• 1 year later...

When It comes to Jimmy Page and His numerous "Trademarks", I would have to say that His Gibson Sunburst Les Paul or His Cherry Red Gibson Double Neck Guitar (model #EDS 1275) comes to my Mind instantly. That, and what others have mentioned, are His Timeless and Immortal Guitar Riffs.

His trademark stage swagger from circa '73...

The duck walk...ha ha

The duck face...OK I'm just getting silly now.

Everything else everyone has mentioned, his influence, his guitar tones, his unique guitar inflections, plus the swagger. Love the swagger.

Good points made by all....As for "Jimmy Page Trademarks", I would add

1) Stringbender-he bends a string past the nut and up by the headstock in Heartbreaker solo. I think he may have been the first guy to do that or to make it look so cool

2) Alternate tunings-his imagination is second to none with regards to alternate tunings. He was a trailblazer on this one.

3) Guitar layers- Ten Years Gone, Achilles Last Stand for example- He's known as the dude to layer multiple guitar parts creating a symphonic sound of six-twelve strings plus....

4) "Dating" underage women.........

cheers

Good points made by all....As for "Jimmy Page Trademarks", I would add

1) Stingbender-he bends a string past the nut and up by the headstock in Heartbreaker solo. I think he may have been the first guy to do that or to make it look so cool

2) Alternate tunings-his imagination is second to none with regards to alternate tunings. He was a trailblazer on this one.

3) Guitar layers- Ten Years Gone, Achilles Last Stand for example- He's known as the dude to layer multiple guitar parts creating a symphnic sound of six-twelve strings plus....

Nodding sagely while reading this....

4) "Dating" underage women.........

cheers

:ohmy:

• 2 years later...

Haha you guys nailed this.

A few of mine are

1 The ZoSo symbol of his
2 Dragon stage costume, both the black and white one
3 Double neck guitar
4 Unforgettable solos, guitar riffs, and improvisation
5 Swigging a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Sticking to the original selection, nobody else in Zep's duration was so associated with Jimmy's Les Paul's. All the other additional

mentions are cool and have validity but then we are playing by different rules. Can anybody name another 70's guitar great whose

Les Paul was practically welded to his body and sound ???

Sticking to the original selection, nobody else in Zep's duration was so associated with Jimmy's Les Paul's. All the other additional

mentions are cool and have validity but then we are playing by different rules. Can anybody name another 70's guitar great whose

Les Paul was practically welded to his body and sound ???

Paul Kossoff

Mick Ronson

Ace Frehley

Brian Robertson/Scott Gorham

Gary Rossington

Leslie West (LP Jr.)

JP's early classic Les Paul>Plexi sound is the cornerstone of classic/hard rock guitar tone. But with each tour his sound evolved until '77 and '80 when his effects played a bigger part of his sound than his guitar. Visually, the double neck might give the Paul a run for it's money in defining the legacy of his onstage image.

A favorite Jimmy Page Plexi moment. That delicate melody played with the raunchy tone of that simple rig.

• 2 weeks later...

jimmy.jpg?w=700

This is to me Jimmy's trademark.

You mean the cut off Zoso at the bottom of the picture correct? :)

I think Zoso is it for me. When I was a teen and probably into my twenties I must have drawn Zoso a couple hundred times, minimum. But yeah that guitar would have to be a close second. One other trademark that I would add would be the lasers that Jimmy would play under, that was high tech stuff in the 70s when he was doing that -- I read somewhere that Jimmy was the first person to use the lasers on stage as he did.

So many things in rock and roll that Jimmy pioneered, he's a true guitar/rock star extraordinaire.

Archived