Happy Thanksgiving

djzoso

we had fried chicken insted of turkey this year and it was pretty good. turkey is to dry and takes along time to make. my mother usually does something different because why not.

Try brining your bird and cooking it upside down half the time to let the juices flow into the white meat portion.

I had two Thanksgiving dinners to attend...the first one being a Vegan Thanksgiving. I made some yams baked with ginger and orange peel caramelized with vegan butter, brown sugar and Grand Marnier. Also made fresh cranberry sauce with a touch of the Grand Marnier. Photos from top to bottom are of the yams; the Tofurkey and green beans with mushrooms and crumb topping; and my plate with Tofurkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, crescent rolls, yams, and green beans.

post-1470-0-34458200-1353745746_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-80519900-1353745798_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-81483000-1353745850_thumb.jp

Try brining your bird and cooking it upside down half the time to let the juices flow into the white meat portion.

I had two Thanksgiving dinners to attend...the first one being a Vegan Thanksgiving. I made some yams baked with ginger and orange peel caramelized with vegan butter, brown sugar and Grand Marnier. Also made fresh cranberry sauce with a touch of the Grand Marnier. Photos from top to bottom are of the yams; the Tofurkey and green beans with mushrooms and crumb topping; and my plate with Tofurkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, crescent rolls, yams, and green beans.

Top right bottom, I think that is what I fed my kittens this morning. :lol: Just kidding Strider

• 1 year later...

^^^^ Gee, I wonder who gave you that idea Strider? ;-))

I know I haven't posted in an ice age but I just wanted to come online and wish all of my fellow countrymen a very

Happy Thanksgiving. My your day be filled with blessings, peace of mind and reminders of all that you are thankful for.

Edited by Texas Melanie