Your first album

John Bonham Fan

I'm probably one of a slim minority who honestly doesn't remember.

Definitely pre Physical and probably pre Houses.

Once I was bitten, that was it. Bought what earlier releases I didn't have and bought new releases upon release.

Own all studio releases on vinyl.

That's weird I have no clue which is the first Led Zeppelin album I purchased.

Led Zeppelin IV; vinyl; ~ 1978'ish.

me too, or 79ish,about ten. it was weird playing zeppelin on vinyl and hearing all the other stuff on the radio and really liking the music and then hearing about -john bonham passing away. what a strange introduction to music in a way and then the killing of -john lennon, but ofcourse at that age i couldnt grasp any of it really. but back then i listened to led zep4 and the doors/waiting for the sun and then jumped from that to bob seger and the cars a couple yrs later and still listening over and over.

My sister got me the "In Through The Out Door" LP in 1979 for my 16th birthday (it had just been relesed a week or so earlyer), I was more into other band's at the time and gave it some attetion but, after I started playing drum's a few month's later. I found some buddie's to jam with and one of them who was one of my best friend's turned me on to some of there earlyer tune's that we never heard on the radio in the early day's. Not long after that I bought Coda on my own and then started collecting all the rest on casset tape.

Led Zeppelin I, vinyl, spring of 1969. I was all of thirteen and i heard them on WABX, the underground station in Detroit. Up until that point, I had thought Cream was the baddest thing to ever walk the planet, then i heard Communication Breakdown and was changed forever. Over forty years have passed since then, and i have not changed my mind one iota.

A couple of years ago, i heard Wolfmother do a cover of CB and i had an immediate flashback.

I started listening to Zep through my older brothers 8 tracks. I think it was Houses of the Holy, I can remember the 8 track was bright pink in color. That would have been in 1977 or so I think. I bought Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti albums not too long after that. I still have both of those albums but not for sure how playable they are since I wore them out back then! ITTOD was next in album form which I still have with the brown wrapper and then CODA cassette (which I still listen to from time to time).

Thank God both of my older brothers had decent taste in music and got me into Zep! :D

well i first got in touch with zep, when i asked my cousin to record me a cassette of as much various rock music as possible!! I don't have that cassette anymore, but amongst other songs it had Stairway and Since I've been loving!!

I liked those two songs the most and so I borrowed Led Zeppelin III CD from my cousin, because that was the only Zep CD he had(he had some Zep vinlys too) and i loved it and it remains my favourite Zep album!!

The first two CDs I bought was Box set 2, which was kind of a weird way to get introduced to Zep, because it had the less known and less famous tracks, because Box set 1 had the most known ones!! But anyway I loved it(and the booklet too) and after that I bought all the albums on CD and then started to collect bootlegs!!!

Archived