Is It Snowing Where Your At?

zepps_apprentice

I drove through Oklahoma a few times. I have to ask why anybody would want to be there at any temperature. And OMG when the wind starts to blow....

I think Oklahoma (and maybe some other states) is one of the states that actually has 4 seasons. Oklahoma get's, Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter. Once you hit fall, it's all down hill meaning it's going to get cold and quick. Then you get Spring. Tornadoes. I mean I live smack dab in tornado alley then Summer hits. In the Winter, the Tulsa Zoo has "polar bear" days. Which means, if it's cold as ___ you can get in free!!!! That's insane!

I believe the entire Northeast gets all four seasons. I'm right down the road from you now Ledzepgirl in Texas and this is the first year I can honestly say we're actually having a winter. A rarity. But being originally from the Northeast, I am not impressed.

americanflag.jpg

carsinsnow2.jpg

The only downsides to where I live are poison ivy and that too many other people think it's a good place to live. I really like Maryland, and will probably go back some day. Nonetheless, Northern VA is just about as good. we have all four seasons. Mountains, beaches, city, country, lakes (n VA, but not MD.), Forests, rivers, etc., ......

That's about right. Here in North Texas we had a quake a few months back. Saw my monitor shaking for a couple of seconds. Freaky. But almost entertaining in a weird way. I don't think tornados are anywhere that amusing.

I lived here for a few:

Emeral Rd, Rose Hill Rd, Whitewright, TX

At least Texas has a few hills. As for tornadoes verses earthquakes, I prefer the twisters. Storms raise my testosterone levels. :thumbsup:

I believe the entire Northeast gets all four seasons. I'm right down the road from you now Ledzepgirl in Texas and this is the first year I can honestly say we're actually having a winter. A rarity. But being originally from the Northeast, I am not impressed.

americanflag.jpg

carsinsnow2.jpg

Back in the mid eighties 83-84?) I went to Texas from Manhattan Kansas. When I left I was comfortable with a windbreaker. My mother told me not to bother bringing a heavy coat because it never gets that cold in Whitewright. Well, I was passing through southern Oklahoma (I knew that by the mile markers, not the scenery) I noticed the roads were a bit wet. I thought that it might have rained. Then I saw some snow plows out. I didn't know what to make of that, but noticed some snow on the lawns in one of the towns. Then I thought to myslef "these people must really freak out when it snows". I kept driving south and it kept snowing harder, and harder, and harder.

Well I got to that first bend where Rose Hill Rd. (AKA the white rock road by the trailer on the Farm to Market Road 2729) heads north (rRight by Mary and Edgar's) and couldn't get up that last hill. I hiked in from there to where Emral Rd meets Rose Hill Rd. Damn good thing the dogs still knew me.

middle of nowhere Texas

That was a cold figgin winter by Yankee standards.

I live in the Piedmont as well. Thank God we're from Chicago and know how to handle this, otherwise we'd be like all the other loons, shoveling with spades and speeding on the snowy pavement.

We didn't bother shoveling. I had some good times on Saturday with a bunch of elementary school-aged children that live in and around my cul-de-sac. Having sled races, snowball fights, and playing epicly large games of Capture The Flag made me feel like a little kid again biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the snow stopped today, and started melting as well. At least I don't have to go to school tomorrow happy.gif

americanflag.jpg

carsinsnow2.jpg

Yah it's sort of unheard of when Texas get's snow. I heard that there was some tornado action going on in Texas earlier. Is this true?

I live in the Piedmont as well. Thank God we're from Chicago and know how to handle this, otherwise we'd be like all the other loons, shoveling with spades and speeding on the snowy pavement.

Ha Ha Ha, I remember when I was a kid trying a spade on a heavy snow covered sidewalk. What a joke I was!

I got the whole sidewalk cleared in no time with that big coal shovel and a good work out too I will add, did the back deck today and the back steps on the first day so the house is cleared for the next round tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Thank God when we moved, we remembered to bring the snow shovel! Our neighbors thought we were nuts until the first major snowfall and then we looked like geniuses. I figure, unless you live in Phoenix or Miami, assume you could get snow during the winter. Better be safe than sorry.

Snowing a little bit now; possibility of 3-6" tonight and who knows how much Fri/Sat (possibly at least a foot more!) :o

I'm already tired of the snow... I'm flying to Tucson on Thursday and am supposed to come back on Sunday. Wonder if I'll be able to get here (not that I'd mind spending a few more days in Tucson :) )

Archived