World Cup 2010

toscano

Final score 2-2........USA were robbed, The Ref needs glasses for disallowing a perfectly legit goal. but hey. thats FOOTBALL for ya.

yea, we were hosed big time.

shouldn't happen on the world stage like that.

and, yes, it does matter here.

to lose or draw on a fluke goal is one thing, but to have it

come down to the judgement of one person is disheartening.

hysterical.gif

Danny...that's absolutely fucking brilliant !

Thanks Ally but lets not get carried away with ourselves, it was just a Football match, although some would have you believe it was "WAR". :yesnod:

You know i had a relative that was actually killed at that match in Waterloo, he wasn't in the Army or anything, he was just camping in a nearby field and went over to complain about the noise. :black_eye:

Kind Regards, Danny

It was a terrible call and not the first of this tournament. As much as I understand that a ref can get it wrong, there seems to be total lack of consultation with the assistant refs when these calls are made. Surely to god that microphone the man in charge is wearing isn't just there for decoration ... dry.gif

Please , like I said, it is par for the course in a World Cup. Find me a more blatant disaster than Maradonna's handball against England - please!!!

Thanks Ally but lets not get carried away with ourselves, it was just a Football match, although some would have you believe it was "WAR". yesnod.gif

You know i had a relative that was actually killed at that match in Waterloo, he wasn't in the Army or anything, he was just camping in a nearby field and went over to complain about the noise. black_eye.gif

Kind Regards, Danny

biggrin.gif

Probably just found himself at the wrong end of the pitch Danny. These things do happen

It was a terrible call and not the first of this tournament. As much as I understand that a ref can get it wrong, there seems to be total lack of consultation with the assistant refs when these calls are made. Surely to god that microphone the man in charge is wearing isn't just there for decoration ... dry.gif

To me this was not just an honest mistake. This guy had an agenda. I saw it many times. Give me one argument that you can hold up that he could have seen something the US did wrong! They were grabbing our player. He has no explanation and he owes one. Get him out of the sport. mad.gif

To me this was not just an honest mistake. This guy had an agenda. I saw it many times. Give me one argument that you can hold up that he could have seen something the US did wrong! They were grabbing our player. He has no explanation and he owes one. Get him out of the sport. mad.gif

He is facing an expedited FIFA review to determine his continued participation but I wouldn't hold my breath that anything will happen. Like I said , I can accept that he made a mistake but to me, not consulting his assistants was a big mistake and I believe that he was feeling the pressure to be decisive in his decision due to this being his first WC. I don't believe he had it in for the USA but I do believe that the stage was just a little too big for him

Please , like I said, it is par for the course in a World Cup. Find me a more blatant disaster than Maradonna's handball against England - please!!!

Can't in recent memory think of a worse non call than that one. It has tainted my opinion of Maradonna ever since.

He is facing an expedited FIFA review to determine his continued participation but I wouldn't hold my breath that anything will happen. Like I said , I can accept that he made a mistake but to me, not consulting his assistants was a big mistake and I believe that he was feeling the pressure to be decisive in his decision due to this being his first WC. I don't believe he had it in for the USA but I do believe that the stage was just a little too big for him

Sorry Ally, disagree. His face tells it all. Out to get us. Period. Say what anyone wants about me being over paranoid, but some think we have no business competing for the World Cup. It was blatant. It wasn't even close. No offsides! And the grabbing was done by their players. I am not buying any of it. This guy has the United States in his cross hairs. Why no explanation? He didnt even hesitate to disallow the goal. I sure hope England gets their act together and beats the daylights out of Slovania. And we do the same to Algeria. Tell the English coach to pull up his pants and get to work!!!late.gif

Can't in recent memory think of a worse non call than that one. It has tainted my opinion of Maradonna ever since.

Ally, all this hatred of Maradonna, its not good to carry such hatred, it will wear you down and distract you from the enjoyment that is life, so sorry mate i forgot you have Scotch Roots. :o:lol:

As a Football Fan i forgive Maradonna and his country, for his indisgression, regarding the "Hand of God" Incident.

As a Military Person i forgive Maradonna and his Country, for their indisgression, regarding the "Falkland Incident.

But i find it Very Hard in my Heart to forgive Mr Maradona's attempt at Fashion, you will always be a "Little Fat Bastard" as far as I'm concerned, no need to thank me though. ;)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, I also think that our Eye-Tie manager has so far totally fcuked up our chances of qualifying on purpose, how can you pick that Pesky Heskey, (games played, 60 Goals, 7) against Defoe (games played, 41 goals, 11) or Crouch (games played, 40 goals 21) we need an English manager that picks the Best English Players, and that play in England, until then be prepared for the stench that accompanies a "SHIT" team.

Wonder if the Ivory Coast can give Brazil any trouble tomorrow? I still think they are the best of the African countries, even though Algeria somehow has escaped defeat. Algeria did not attack. They played defense and played for the tie. Given Brazils talent it may be the strategy but I dont know if they have it in them. I am expecting the Swiss to get beat by Chile and I like Uruguay to take care of Mexico. Damned English better get it going and beat Slovania. If they wind up tying again, all three, I wonder if they could still advance? Lets assume the US beats Algeria. I think in that case England must win? I do hope Spain wins their games, but Chile is to be feared for sure. Some of these teams must start to think about the goal differential. That is one positive Germany still has even after yesterdays disappointing loss. Italy should win tomorrow, they got a lucky draw. But they are going down in the next round. I really love watching the World Cup, but the officiating is pissing me off. And so are the English. Whatever differences they have they must put them aside. Or are they just overated? Vegas had them the third best team and Vegas usually knows what they are doing. I am expecting a far better performance on Tuesday. As for Maradonna, whatever feelings are harbored towards his past, Argentina is always a great team. So far the two guys in this tournament that really have impressed me are Messi and Forlon of Uruguay. A couple of Americans also, the two that scored yesterday were very impressive. Go US and go England! goal.gif

Italy ties New Zealand on a penalty kick. I believe its the third of the tourny? I have seen those three. Two succussfull and one missed by the Germans. Would be a shocker if NZ even gets out of here with a tie. I dont think Italy can win this thing again.

That was never a penalty. Diving cheat angry.gif

That was never a penalty. Diving cheat angry.gif

But no foul yet has the injustice of the goal taken from the US. The English team got screwed in that too. Now they must beat Slovania assuming the US take care of Algeria. If England ties and the US wins, England will go home. Thanks to that stinking ref. Lets just hope the US and England both win big. To me, one of the best games this week will be Uruguay and Mexico. I will take Uruguay. Love this guy Forlon.

Go Elephants!!!!!

That was a bad call giving Kaka a red card.

It was a second yellow and I think the Brazilians have only themselves to blame for getting involved in the stupid stuff.

That was a bad call giving Kaka a red card.

What goes around comes around, he is another Ronaldo, highly talented but always the dark side emerges to overshadow all the good football that he plays, i hope the same fate waits Mr Ronaldo sometime soon, it sickens me to think how this Great Game of Football has descended from a "Moral Mans Game" to one of "Cackling Old Women" who Scratch, Back Stab, Bitch and Pull Hair rather than be Upfront, Decent, Courteous and Honest. :o

Regards, Danny

What goes around comes around, he is another Ronaldo, highly talented but always the dark side emerges to overshadow all the good football that he plays, i hope the same fate waits Mr Ronaldo sometime soon, it sickens me to think how this Great Game of Football has descended from a "Moral Mans Game" to one of "Cackling Old Women" who Scratch, Back Stab, Bitch and Pull Hair rather than be Upfront, Decent, Courteous and Honest. :o

Regards, Danny

BIGDAN, go do your homework. Kaka is one of the fairest players we have. Dunga should have replaced him before it all happened.

But what really matters: 3 -1 :D :D

BIGDAN, go do your homework. Kaka is one of the fairest players we have. Dunga should have replaced him before it all happened.

But what really matters: 3 -1 :D :D

Hi 'brspled'

I have done my homework thank you very much, and i have seen the game live, and if Kaka is one of the Fairest Players you have then i would hate to see your worst. Brazil are becoming as cynical as the Argentinians. Kaka got himself involved in all sorts today, pushing and shoving, diving, feigning injury, and you're the most gifted, talented and entertaining team on the planet and you have to behave in the same way as other teams do but they who haven't the skill or mindset to play any other way.

I was brought up on a Brazil Side that showed the world how mind blowing ball control and honest fair play could win a world cup, the team i saw today lacked these attributes in abundance, and it sickens me. Did you see the rake of an opponent's calf Kaka did before his second booking, or did you chose to be blinded by his boyish charm and youth and Brazil's usual fair play?

And no you're wrong, "Winning" is not what "Really Matters"

It's the way that you "Win" that

"Really Matters"

Regards, Danny

You're right.....what really matters is that Brazil hasn't played like England....or Italy....or France....or Spain. :D

Ay least not yet. :P;)

But really comparing Kaká and Romário is completely senseless....they're completely different, as players and as men. That's what I meant by go do your homework, BG, you can't judge Kaka for this game, I tell you.

Anyway.....what really matters IS 3 -1. Sorry to tell you. :D

Archived