Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

Got laid off today. 10 years down the drain. My ex-company's success has been traditionally tied to the housing market. It's down and so are they. So, all those lucky people with strategic planning and analysis type of positions were let go.

I ended up with 3 mos. severance, which eases the pain a little. Well, I guess I can start listening to some of 800 or so bootlegs I got.

Anyone know anyone looking for senior management help, please let me know. I am willing to relocate.

Thanks,

3monthsofseverance

Got laid off today. 10 years down the drain. My ex-company's success has been traditionally tied to the housing market. It's down and so are they. So, all those lucky people with strategic planning and analysis type of positions were let go.

I ended up with 3 mos. severance, which eases the pain a little. Well, I guess I can start listening to some of 800 or so bootlegs I got.

Anyone know anyone looking for senior management help, please let me know. I am willing to relocate.

Thanks,

3monthsofseverance

Hope you feel alright. :console:

I don't mind the colour. I like it, really. Everyone else seems to think they shoud pity the fact that some of the purple has totally faded to the white-ness of the bleach, but I like the white. I've no qualms with it.

I basically worked my way up to that ultimatum. Everyone else kinda lets on too with comment. Meh. I have pictures of what it looked like once...

I'm only unhappy with how damaged it has become in the back. Rather frizzy and reminicent of my terrible perm I got a few years back.

I like to silently protest authority figures. I'm working the front desk of my residence hall right now and we're not supposed to wear sweat pants or listen to music loudly at the desk. I'm doing both right now!!! Of course none of my supervisors are here because it's Sunday and no residents are coming in to ask for anything because it's 7:30 in the morning, but dang it I know I'm doing something wrong! That's all that counts.

Tomorrow morning I will wear black dress pants and listen to Led Zeppelin at a reasonable volume when my supervisors are working, too. There's a time and a place for protest and that's when no one can see you.

I'm back from Mexico. :)

There was so much I wanted to share....but I don't feel like doing it now. This place is going through some bad moments, at least that's what it looks like, talking from the viewpoint of someone who has been away for 3 weeks.... :(

I hope better days will come.

:)

Anyway, it's good to be back to São Paulo. :)

And it will be good to feel home here again someday too. ^_^

I could never go vegitarian. I tried a few times, it just isn't something I can do. I don't really have a problem with it now, though. Meat is a good thing to have in your diet. Just don't forget to find other sources of the proteins you need that are in meat, OK Chicken?

Oh yeah, I've considered all the nutritonal and health implications involved. I'm gonna go and pay my doctor a quick visit as soon as possible, too, just to see what advice he might have.

I used to think I could never become a vegetarian, but I'm on day 9 now and I haven't missed it yet! And that's included a trip to McDonalds and a spaghetti bolognese being cooked, so y'know!

I suppose there will be a kinda peak though that I'll have to push through. Maybe in a couple of weeks or something. Like pushing past the burn, so to speak.

Well, that's what I'm expecting anyway. We shall see.

Oh yeah, I've considered all the nutritonal and health implications involved. I'm gonna go and pay my doctor a quick visit as soon as possible, too, just to see what advice he might have.

I used to think I could never become a vegetarian, but I'm on day 9 now and I haven't missed it yet! And that's included a trip to McDonalds and a spaghetti bolognese being cooked, so y'know!

I suppose there will be a kinda peak though that I'll have to push through. Maybe in a couple of weeks or something. Like pushing past the burn, so to speak.

Well, that's what I'm expecting anyway. We shall see.

Chicken, I have been a vege for decades and, based on my own experience, I can tell you that we can live and be healthy and energetic without meat. I stayed a vege through all 3 of my pregnancies and my kids were and all perfectly normal and healthy. When I was younger, I poured a lot of alcohol and other substances into my body and I really believe that the vege diet helped to offset some of the damage that I did to my body. I lead a fairly active life and have never lacked for energy.

If you need a bit of inspiration or reassurance, here is a guy who is probably bigger and more active than the two of us put together and he's a vegan:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB120...6182915297.html

Chicken, I have been a vege for decades and, based on my own experience, I can tell you that we can live and be healthy and energetic without meat. I stayed a vege through all 3 of my pregnancies and my kids were and all perfectly normal and healthy. When I was younger, I poured a lot of alcohol and other substances into my body and I really believe that the vege diet helped to offset some of the damage that I did to my body. I lead a fairly active life and have never lacked for energy.

If you need a bit of inspiration or reassurance, here is a guy who is probably bigger and more active than the two of us put together and he's a vegan:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB120...6182915297.html

Very interesting, thanks! :)

I'll say it again though...I just can't go vegan! I wouldn't want to, and even if I did want to...I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Very interesting, thanks! :)

I'll say it again though...I just can't go vegan! I wouldn't want to, and even if I did want to...I don't think I'd be able to do it.

You're welcome. :)

I hear you on the vegan business. It took me years to finally do it and I'm not strict about it. It's been OK if we're at home by ourselves but when we have company or we're out or traveling, it's much more difficult for me. Part of it is that I don't want to be viewed as "fussy middle-aged pill" so I really try to be flexible. You just need to do what you're comfortable with at your stage in life. Again, good luck to you.

Archived