Random Facts About Yourself

Puck Slapping Maple Sucker

and I'm a semi-vegetarian :rolleyes:

I'm just vegetating ... does that count? :lol:

Seriously, I love vegetarian food, and could easily be veggie if I felt strongly enough about it. I have considered it in the past, so maybe one day.

I'm just vegetating ... does that count? :lol:

Seriously, I love vegetarian food, and could easily be veggie if I felt strongly enough about it. I have considered it in the past, so maybe one day.

If it were up to me, we would be either vegetarian or near-vegetarian. Unfortunately my husband and children aren't interested. I keep veggie burgers and fish on hand for me (they don't like either) for nights when they want tacos, hot dogs or chicken nuggets; they do ok with the other healthy stuff (whole grains, low fat/fat free dairy, unprocessed food, veggies/fruit, etc.); although we all need to work on healthier snacks.

I expect you'll be there and playing by now, Good Luck anyway, let us know how it went later?

Random fact: I own two Guitars a Mandolin and two Irish drums.

Excellent!! Hope it goes well!

It was really... erm... interesting.

I play rhythm guitar, tambourine, egg shaker, and do back-up vocals for a good friend and in-fucking-credible blues guitarist Nick Edelstein. We played last night at a little coffee shop in Athens, GA called Kavarna.

We had two acts open for us. The first was a duo called Geisha Hit Squad. They were very good. Just two guys on guitar, and one of the guitarists switches over to piano for a couple tunes. The lead singer, vocally, anyways, actually reminded me a little of the lead singer from REM. They were good and talented, but they also set the mood.

The second guy up was... maybe I shouldn't repeat my thoughts... I have to be nice... solo guitarist... Nick described him as someone who had Nirvana for Breakfast, Alice in Chains for lunch, and Sonic Youth for dinner and then threw it all up. He had the smallest range I've ever heard in a singer, his guitar-playing was, well... dissonant and just weird, and he managed to drive away something like 5 people in the already under-crowded place.

So when we came on we had the extra difficult task of winning the crowd back over. Unfortunately, we lost two more when our drummer sat on his drumset and Nick picked up his electric guitar (I was playing acoustic). I guess they were there for mellow acoustic, not hard-hitting blues.

I would say our performance was actually very good. Our drummer did fuck up in one song and played it in 4/4 when it was supposed to be in 6/8, but I think only Nick and I noticed and it actually didn't sound that bad at all.

We did start off with the mellower stuff, but we just weren't getting a response. So Nick just went ahead and said "let's do Born Under a Bad Sign" (the drummer we were using, BTW, has played drums with the original writer of that song) Now we get some head-bopping, toe-tapping, and, after the song, our loudest applause yet. So then we do a number Nick wrote called Collusion Collision, which is a sweet song. They loved that, and it was the heaviest of the night. So we go into another orginal, Tripping (about taking a road trip, not the drug alternative, lol). That may have been too heavy, though, because we lost another person and everyone else was a little dazed from it. But it we got a good applause.

So then we went into to Crossroads. FINALLY we got a response... but it came from outside. A huge group of people who were walking outside came in as soon as we started the song and they were kind enough to listen. That was definitely our loudest applause of the night. Then Nick did another original, Sunrise, which is another 12-bar blues, but in E, and that got our second loudest applause.

But the bar crowd itself was pretty much content to treat us as the background music you hear playing at places like Chili's, so we just did two completely improvised instrumental blues jams and ended for the night.

Nick said he'd play there again, but he'd never waste a weekend playing there again. He'd either do it on a Sunday or a Thursday...

I have to agree...

ETA:

If you live in or near Cape May, New Jersey, come out on March 7 to Lucky Bones Grille, where Nick and I will be doing an acoustic show at about 10:30 pm.

http://www.nickedelstein.com/tour.htm

http://www.luckybonesgrille.com/about.html

It's gonna be a lot of fun... :D

Right now I have a lot of shit I need to add to my journal.

How I enjoy keeping a journal, a good place to write down thoughts without running the risk of pissing off a bunch of ass-hats. :D

Good for you Sarah. :D I bet you have lots to write about!

Did your Jimmy poem ever make it into that special gift book for Jimmy?

My random fact: I'm de-lurking myself. I'm undergoing the process of de-lurkification and it's a bit awkward for me... hand me a life preserver!

Good for you Sarah. :D I bet you have lots to write about!

Did your Jimmy poem ever make it into that special gift book for Jimmy?

My random fact: I'm de-lurking myself. I'm undergoing the process of de-lurkification and it's a bit awkward for me... hand me a life preserver!

Actually I do. Six pages tonight. I need to get a new journal because the pages in the one I have now bleed ink when you write on them and they are falling out. Yes it did, it's so crazy to think about it. :wacko:

Actually I do. Six pages tonight. I need to get a new journal because the pages in the one I have now bleed ink when you write on them and they are falling out. Yes it did, it's so crazy to think about it. :wacko:

Excellent!

I'm still fighting with L.A... :duel:

I'm fighting all the time.

Just more roommate stuff I have to contend with, and plus my current apartment lease is over at the end of the month and I have to move again. It seems to be a common thing here but I'm so tired of it- the continual moving. More importantly, I have no idea where I'm going to move to next month... I thought I knew earlier this week, but today everything changed again. It's so draining!

Hey, I know it's late by you- have a good night & I'll talk to you later!

It's only 12:20 here, so still early!!

I had a mass clear out of my wardrobe last night and filled 3 big bags with clothes and shoes, for the local charity shop. I feel both cleansed and virtuous as a result! :hippy:

I did the same thing awhile ago, but mostly to make rags out of raggy old clothes that were so worn hobos even wouldn't want to wear them. Then I got rid of a pile of jeans that were to big, it's nice to have some extra space again.

Oh yeah, I've considered all the nutritonal and health implications involved. I'm gonna go and pay my doctor a quick visit as soon as possible, too, just to see what advice he might have.

I used to think I could never become a vegetarian, but I'm on day 9 now and I haven't missed it yet! And that's included a trip to McDonalds and a spaghetti bolognese being cooked, so y'know!

I suppose there will be a kinda peak though that I'll have to push through. Maybe in a couple of weeks or something. Like pushing past the burn, so to speak.

Well, that's what I'm expecting anyway. We shall see.

Well done!! Keep going!! Ive been a veggie for most of my 38yrs.

Not eating meat has never bothered me.....except when I smell bacon!!! I could never eat any..but...OMG!! the smell ! LOL

Tonight we had this very ugly stray cat hanging out around the house. I wonder where this one came from, probably another one someone from the city decided to dump out here because they didn't want it any more. <_< I can't stand people who do that to animals. In the last three years we've had five stray cats and two stray dogs out here.

I'm thinking about getting a cat. I've never had a cat or a dog, and neither have my kids. I just need to work out where I can fit a cat flap and put a litter tray!

...and say goodbye to your independence, free-will and funiture. :(

They come as friends - and stay as masters. :ph34r:

oh my God, truer words have never been said. seriously.

OMG - are you serious? It never occurred to me that they might destroy my home! I have lovely cream leather sofas ... is a cat likely to shred them?

*starts to consider a goldfish instead*

OMG - are you serious? It never occurred to me that they might destroy my home! I have lovely cream leather sofas ... is a cat likely to shred them?

*starts to consider a goldfish instead*

You can get them declawed if you don't find it too cruel or they have nail caps that can be glued on the claws to keep them from destroying things. You could also consider getting an older cat which is more calm than a kitten. Plus you can train cats to keep off furniture. Plus make sure you get them fixed, eps if you get a male cat, they spray if they aren't fixed and it's really yuky.

Archived