Favorite Album and WHY?

Bonzo2000

Strangely i have to choose Presence, for it has 3 songs that go in my top ten, Tea for one, for your life and hots on for nowhere, plus the fact that it's their most underrated and unappreciated album, so i'd be more than happy to give it my vote.

Strangely i have to choose Presence, for it has 3 songs that go in my top ten, Tea for one, for your life and hots on for nowhere, plus the fact that it's their most underrated and unappreciated album, so i'd be more than happy to give it my vote.

Presence is starting to edge out Led Zeppelin IV as my close second favorite because 2 of my favorite songs are on there: "Achilles Last Stand" and "Nobody's Fault But Mine," plus I like how hard and heavy the sound is.

Presence is starting to edge out Led Zeppelin IV as my close second favorite because 2 of my favorite songs are on there: "Achilles Last Stand" and "Nobody's Fault But Mine," plus I like how hard and heavy the sound is.

It's really amazing how powerful and diverse that album is, and you can feel their rush to finish the album, in the songs, and plant's vocal performance is so fuc*ing good for a man in wheelchair, and i needn't talk about Jonesy and bonzo. they say it was jimmy's album, i say it was about the four of them as much as it would ever get.

• 2 weeks later...

I see lots for Graffiti-I agree, a very diverse album. I'm a fan of the band's "true sounds", so I'm always partial to live recordings, so natural it's The Song Remains the Same--catching Zeppelin at their peak and in their prime. As far as studio albums go, it would be Zeppelin II, I love that original bluesy sound they started with, and of course their first, Houses, and their fourth are all close seconds, hehehehe.

I think what makes these guys so unique is each album when released (outside the first 2) "didn't make sense" at the time, but become musical works of art. At the time they were so misunderstood and now some 30+ years later the public is seeing the true geniuses they really were, something true Zeppelin fans already knew.

• 3 weeks later...

zep 4 is the best because it has there best song stairway to heavan. i think most people pick this one because it also sells more then the other ones

No, most people buy an album because they like it not because it sells more copies than others. Otherwise everyone would have Thriller or Frampton Comes Alive.

<Led Zeppelin III> I really love the acoustic songs. Make me feel like I was in the farm, surrounded by nature, peaceful.

The opening with <the hammer of the gods>, Since I've been loving you, the arabic Friends...

• 2 weeks later...

I love 'Presence', but I've gotta give it to 'Houses of the Holy' as my favorite! The album just has such a 'good vibes' feel to it, aside from No Quarter, it's impossible not to love it!

I must have misunderstood .... is no quarter bad ??!!??!!

Its between either Led Zeppelin III or Physical Graffiti

Led Zeppelin III is like the bridge between the heavy Led Zeppelin II and the monumental album Untitled. It has the best of both worlds with some acoustic stuff, but it also has some heavy hard rock stuff.

Physical Graffiti literally has everything. Personally, I name it one of my favorite albums because of the A-Side. I think In the Light is a underrated song and its an awesome one at that. In My Time of Dying is probably one of the best drumming pieces ever played by Bonham. The B-Side is also very good because it has a nice slow number Down By The Seaside.

Its very hard for me to decide my favorite album. I like all of their albums, but if I had to pick ultimately, I would have to pick Physical Graffiti, but with Led Zeppelin III a very, very, very close second.

• 1 month later...

Physical Graffiti. So many songs, so much variety, so hard-rocking. Close second is Presence... I love every underrated song on Presence.

Actually, I correct myself... In Through The Out Door has become tied with Presence as my favorite

I have to say I'm a little surprised by the responses on this topic, just about everyone I know likes LZ II the best. For me, my favorite changes often with mood, so let's just say it's NOT In Through The Out Door. There are 2 Zep albums that I play more than the others: LZ I and Presence. There is something very fresh about both of these for me. When I play them, I find myself wanting more!

Archived