What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

^ YES he is!

No Quarter is AMAZING!

Indeed, one of my favourites. It's a shame there's a cut near the climax of the instrumental section. Best JPJ/Bonzo piano/drum section imo. I believe it's Jimmy's longest NQ solo as well, even with the cut.

Listening to 6/10/77 N.Y. today, really enjoying it! Haven't listened to it since I got it back in July because of the sound quality, which isn't nearly as bad as I remembered it being. I will definitely listen to it more often now. Heartbreaker in particular is fantastic; closed my eyes and almost thought it was from '73!

^^^ Congratulations on #100! :cheer:

The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song - March 27, 1975 - LA Forum

1st time listening to this show.....:thumbsup:

Better late than never. This concert was always bittersweet for me because of many circumstances surrounding it...but mainly because it's really the last time Led Zeppelin had that youthful glow and vibe. From the time I first saw them in '72 until those '75 Forum shows, there might have been slight changes in hair and clothes, but they were still pretty much the same physically and spiritually.

On the 1977 tour, however, the change in the band's appearance was striking. For the first time in this fans eyes, they seemed much older and in Jimmy's case especially, unhealthily unkempt and frail.

Don't get me wrong...the concerts were still great, if in a different way than they were great in, say '72 or '73. But there was something so different about them in 1977 that for the first time ever, one could allow thoughts of the band's possible end enter one's mind.

With the release of the new remastered sets almost 2 months away, I instituted a Zeppelin moratorium beginning last week on April 3. No Led Zeppelin in any shape or form...no live stuff as well as none of the official releases.

I couldn't go 2 months without ANY Zep! I've actually taken the opposite approach, I've been listening even more in anticipation of the box sets lol.

It is all a matter of willpower. I simply want to cleanse my palate, so-to-speak, and try to recreate the circumstances of when I first heard Led Zeppelin. So, not only am I not listening to any Zeppelin, I am only listening to music from 1968 and before...Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Hendrix, Cream, Who, Yardbirds, Donovan, Janis Joplin, all the stuff I was listening to before Led Zeppelin's first record dropped.

On June 3, when these new box sets are released, I want it to be a kind of simulation of when I first got that first Led Zeppelin album.

With the release of the new remastered sets almost 2 months away, I instituted a Zeppelin moratorium beginning last week on April 3. No Led Zeppelin in any shape or form...no live stuff as well as none of the official releases.

Excellent exercise of willpower, as you said...if only I was so strong. :P

I plan on listening to the Ottawa 1970.04.14 show today, if possible. 44 years gone!

^^^ Congratulations on #100! :cheer:

Better late than never. This concert was always bittersweet for me because of many circumstances surrounding it...but mainly because it's really the last time Led Zeppelin had that youthful glow and vibe. From the time I first saw them in '72 until those '75 Forum shows, there might have been slight changes in hair and clothes, but they were still pretty much the same physically and spiritually.

On the 1977 tour, however, the change in the band's appearance was striking. For the first time in this fans eyes, they seemed much older and in Jimmy's case especially, unhealthily unkempt and frail.

Don't get me wrong...the concerts were still great, if in a different way than they were great in, say '72 or '73. But there was something so different about them in 1977 that for the first time ever, one could allow thoughts of the band's possible end enter one's mind.

Thanks so much Strider! :) Love being here on the forum, especially reading all of your concert recollections!

Born to Please 1970-09-19 probably my favorite '70 show, WHAT A SETLIST! Out on the tiles, both a WLL medley AND a HMMT medley, Gallows pole, killer acoustic set.. It's just a amazing show, decent audience recording, would kill for a soundboard though, if you haven't listened to the show do it now!