Had a Beer with Plant this morning

Thomasjames

Folks,

I am a hugh Zeppelin fan. I mean as big as they come. So who do I meet this morning in a bar?

SO I am in Atlanta for a professional conference and some colleagues call me and say to meet them at a little hole in the wall Irish pub downtown. I get there and we are sitting in a little booth. The women with me are talking about this guys shoes (red cool looking shoes) who is sitting at the bar. Guy has curly blonde hair pulled back. I went to the bar got a beer...glance over...HOLY SHIT THAT DUDE IS ROBERT PLANT!!!!!!!!!

SO I go back to my booth about 10 feet away...I looked stunned...suddenly the ladies say " hey why are those people taking a picture with that guy with the shoes....I turn around and Robert is standing there with folks snapping pictures on the cell phone. I pulled mine out and got a great photo. He spoke in that unmistakable voice and I could hardly believe my eyes. As soon as he posed for pics he shook hands and out he went.

I was like a 12 year old school girl!!! The younger colleagues were amused and beffudled why the dozen or so people in the bar were bouncing off the walls.

My incredible morning :)

Tom

Folks,

I am a hugh Zeppelin fan. I mean as big as they come. So who do I meet this morning in a bar?

SO I am in Atlanta for a professional conference and some colleagues call me and say to meet them at a little hole in the wall Irish pub downtown. I get there and we are sitting in a little booth. The women with me are talking about this guys shoes (red cool looking shoes) who is sitting at the bar. Guy has curly blonde hair pulled back. I went to the bar got a beer...glance over...HOLY SHIT THAT DUDE IS ROBERT PLANT!!!!!!!!!

SO I go back to my booth about 10 feet away...I looked stunned...suddenly the ladies say " hey why are those people taking a picture with that guy with the shoes....I turn around and Robert is standing there with folks snapping pictures on the cell phone. I pulled mine out and got a great photo. He spoke in that unmistakable voice and I could hardly believe my eyes. As soon as he posed for pics he shook hands and out he went.

I was like a 12 year old school girl!!! The younger colleagues were amused and beffudled why the dozen or so people in the bar were bouncing off the walls.

My incredible morning :)

Tom

Very cool. That must have made going to work a little bit easier

poor Robert though I guess he can't go anywhere

That is such a great story.:bravo: What good luck you have! I admire you for even getting up to take a pix of him up close.

I can tell you even at my age now, my childhood shyness would have kicked in big time and I would have sat there speechless and missed a golden opportunity for the picture!....................:) missy

Hey Tom....nice you got to see Robert there. :beer:

I would have mixed emotions about asking to take a photo with him or ask for an autograph. While it would be exciting to see Robert in that atmosphere and not want the opportunity to pass for the photo, I would not want to impose on him in a more private relaxed moment. Hmmmm. ...... a delima, what to do........ :Thinking: well I think the opportunity to get the shot or the autograph would win out for me as I know it will never happen again. Hopefully I would be tackful enough without seeming like a giddy :drool: teenager. :faint1:

WOW! WOWWIE, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!! What luck and a great story Thomasjames!

I just hope that one day I'll be in the position where I have to decide: do I intrude and ask for a picture or to even try to speak to him or just stand there in awe :blink:. That is one dilemma I would love to have. :P

Folks,

It was indeed an incredible experience! I have told a bunch of people here at the hotel and anybody 50 or over goes nuts. One guy took a pic of my pic to show it off to people at home.

Many people are stunned that I recognized him without any context or cues.My brain took about 5-10 seconds to recover from the shock of who I was looking at right in front of me. I am such a fan of his work ( Own all the Zep and solo works plus tons of live bootlegs). When I was 16 I would pose in front of the mirror trying to look like Robert did on stage. Suddenly on this Saturday in this little pub in Atlanta, one of the biggest legends in music history is drinking a beer in front of me.

Now if only Paul McCartney can stop by my local donut shop my life will be complete :)

Folks,

It was indeed an incredible experience! I have told a bunch of people here at the hotel and anybody 50 or over goes nuts. One guy took a pic of my pic to show it off to people at home.

Many people are stunned that I recognized him without any context or cues.My brain took about 5-10 seconds to recover from the shock of who I was looking at right in front of me. I am such a fan of his work ( Own all the Zep and solo works plus tons of live bootlegs). When I was 16 I would pose in front of the mirror trying to look like Robert did on stage. Suddenly on this Saturday in this little pub in Atlanta, one of the biggest legends in music history is drinking a beer in front of me.

Now if only Paul McCartney can stop by my local donut shop my life will be complete :)

I wouldn't have recognized Robert right away.....his hair seemed a little cropped, but then after a while, his facial aspects will reveal him:):):)...thanx for sharing that :)

Me too, Led Zep Girl! I've often wondered what I would do in a situation like that. :o

What a great story, Thomasjames! Which Pub was it? Do tell please! I must know as I was in Atlanta this past weekend.

When I was 16 I would pose in front of the mirror trying to look like Robert did on stage.

what size sock did you have to stuff to pull that off?

great story....i think i would be a pain an ask him for a pic.......he's always been very "fan friendly"

That's awesome! I can't even imagine how I would have reacted the moment I realized it was the man himself. I would have to get over the initial shock and awe. I know I would have to say something to him. Congrats on the moment. You have a lot of jealous people on this forum. ;)

Archived