Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

Exactly, in fact it was on the BBC news website that the week Bin Laden died, this was one the most misquoted quotes being used.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13265368

Maybe some members should check their facts before posting. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the quote was wrong -SAJ actually pointed that out the same week I posted it if you had read the thread - sorry about that, an unintentional mistake I made by posting what a friend had sent to me without "checking my facts" first.

I loved the quote though, and totally stand by the sentiment, so if I could I would go back and re-post it without King's name and just as my own thoughts.

Maybe "some members" should just address their constant gripes to the person they are talking about instead of using the "some members" shit, and just bring their resentment out into the open.

And that's REALLY all I have to say in this thread - Brad Hamilton I will not waste ANY of my time communicating with.

Back to the nicer threads.

Edited by Knebby

229162_2060571759804_1409980344_2523888_1435775_n.jpg

Yeah, the quote was wrong

lulz, I just made the connection on the FB joke, it's a poke at the MLK Jr. mis-attributed quote.

I was wondering why it had MLK at the end.

Makes it even funnier.

Maybe "some members" should just address their constant gripes to the person they are talking about instead of using the "some members" shit, and just bring their resentment out into the open.

Couldn't agree more. Can't stand inuendo. May as well say it as it is

Edited by ally

And then when a major battle in that war is won, what's wrong with celebrating and flag waving?

"It's weird to celebrate someone's death," 22-year-old Laura Cunningham told the Observer's Azi Paybarah. "It's not exactly what we're here to celebrate, but it's wonderful that people are happy."

The Scene at Ground Zero

observer.com

Knebby wasn't talking about the image Jafin posted, she was referring to something from earlier in the thread.

That's my point - she used the quote mis-attributed to MLK, Jr. earlier.

I understand.

But I was only pointing out that I had just then realized where the MLK, Jr. part on the FB joke originated from - that same mis-attributed quote.

Up until then, I didn't get why the FB joke was "signed" by MLK, Jr.

No slight intended towards Knebby in any way.

Just to clarify.

Without sounding too pedantic, Knebby you used the quote first on this thread and them some other members supported your line of argument, hence my use of the plural term 'some members'. I didn't want to single you out for criticism. There's no resentment on my end. If you stand by principles in the quote, that's fair enough.

How is celebrating our independence from tyranny on the fourth of July any different than celebrating our victory over tyranny with OBL death? Please don't tell us how to act or feel about this. I hope you enjoyed waving your flag at the wedding.

:huh: You do have a point there.....a greater point than many other posts above have:):)

Thanks! I just really felt that comment was really very dismissive of how people felt here. It really opened up old wounds all over again for me. First of all, the news coverage of flag waving was not really representative of how most of the country was responding. The "flag waving" was only in certain areas (not that there was anyting wrong with it in the least despite the attempt of some to paint it a certain way), and it only lasted for a few days anyway.

But for someone to lecture me on how my patriotism or my feelings over this victory should be, is almost beyond belief. We lost many people at the hands of OBL, and I lost a personal family friend on 9/11 as well. And then the worst part was accusing us of having the "hate". If I'm the one who is wrong I wish someone explain to me how. :(

Unfortunately, the U.S.A. is highly exposed to all kinds of terrorism from everywhere and while the U.S.A. did do many things wrong in time (ref the war in Nam), it CANNOT be accused of all the evils in the world....let's remember that if the U.S.A didn't get into WWII, we might all be speaking German or Italian or Japanese now....that IS FACT:):):)

THANX AMERICA:):)

Unfortunately, the U.S.A. is highly exposed to all kinds of terrorism from everywhere and while the U.S.A. did do many things wrong in time (ref the war in Nam), it CANNOT be accused of all the evils in the world....let's remember that if the U.S.A didn't get into WWII, we might all be speaking German or Italian or Japanese now....that IS FACT:):):)

THANX AMERICA:):)

This post coming from the person that said that:

"I would add other names to that terrorist list:

The past Bush administration

The American Gun lobby

Giuliani and his band of Mafiosis

The CIA

The FBI"... because "I'm SIMPLY saying that that list I provided is ON EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL of any other terrorist list!!"

Just a reminder to you, snakesandspiders, the quotes I just listed are from YOUR own words. Now you are saying THANX AMERICA. Please clarify. Are these American Institutions you list "ON EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL" of any other terrorist list or is America a Saviour to the Allies that otherwise may be speaking German, Italian or Japanese today? You seem to be a classic case of contradiction. In your opinion, is America closer to the terrorists or is America closer to Justice. I know what my answer is.

By the way, you never explained why you say why your list is "ON THE SAME LEVEL of any terrorist list." I am really curious as to why you would call Rudolph Giuliani a terrorist, and the others for that matter. Please explain, in detail, if you can.

Edited by lzzoso

This post coming from the person that said that:

"I would add other names to that terrorist list:

The past Bush administration

The American Gun lobby

Giuliani and his band of Mafiosis

The CIA

The FBI"... because "I'm SIMPLY saying that that list I provided is ON EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL of any other terrorist list!!"

Just a reminder to you, snakesandspiders, the quotes I just listed are from YOUR own words. Now you are saying THANX AMERICA. Please clarify. Are these American Institutions you list "ON EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL" of any other terrorist list or is America a Saviour to the Allies that otherwise may be speaking German, Italian or Japanese today? You seem to be a classic case of contradiction. In your opinion, is America closer to the terrorists or is America closer to Justice. I know what my answer is.

By the way, you never explained why you say why your list is "ON THE SAME LEVEL of any terrorist list." I am really curious as to why you would call Rudolph Giuliani a terrorist and the rest for that matter.

Yes, I said those words.....and I WILL REPEAT THEM AGAIN if necessary...be sure about THAT!!!:):) You just don't get it do ya??!!:):). Let's put it this way...I'll try to explain like I do grammar to my ESOL children in the langUage school I work in......I LOVE AMERICA, I LOVE OUR WESTERN SYSTEM OF LIVING.......having said that, I DO NOT LOVE BEING A YESMAN......if America or Australia (my BELOVED country!!) tells me to go fight a war I do NOT respect because there is no proof of it being a JUST war, then I WILL not go and fight....if your country tells you to put yer head into an oven and turn the swtch to 300 °C, would you do it?? I KNOW I WOULDN'T unless it was a JUST thing to do :).

If I love my country, that doesn't mean that if a govt. DOES wrong or EVIL things under my very nose and tries to cover things up (ref. 9/11, Nam war, the oil spills in the gulf, Watergate, the Gordon scandal [in Australia]), etc. I will defend it just because it's my country....on the contrary, it is MY DUTY AS A CITIZEN OF MY COUNTRY to unveil and INFORM people abouit what's REALLY going on in govts. I don't know if your American, but I wonder why many Americans don't get this yesman thing I'm saying despite the glorious American Revolution in which a band of TRUE PATRIOTS got rid of the evils of an oppressing Empire.....WITH ALL MEANS AND AGAINST ALL THE ODDS:):)!!!! Going against the wrongs of one's own country doies NOT mean not being a patriot......musically and socially speaking, bands like Jefferson Airplane (note the name JEFFERSON....ring any patriotic bells???!)...and Grateful Dead were the most American bands out there.....Grace Slick loved America and often sang wrapped in the American flag...BUT she and JA NEVER hesitated to sing AGAINST the war in Nam and against Nixon and the White House......GET IT NOW DUDE???!:):)

Edited by spidersandsnakes

Yes, I said those words.....and I WILL REPEAT THEM AGAIN if necessary...be sure about THAT!!!:):) You just don't get it do ya??!!:):). Let's put it this way...I'll try to explain like I do grammar to my ESOL children in the langUage school I work in......I LOVE AMERICA, I LOVE OUR WESTERN SYSTEM OF LIVING.......having said that, I DO NOT LOVE BEING A YESMAN......if America or Australia (my BELOVED country!!) tells me to go fight a war I do NOT respect because there is no proof of it being a JUST war, then I WILL not go and fight....if your country tells you to put yer head into an oven and turn the swtch to 300 °C, would you do it?? I KNOW I WOULDN'T unless it was a JUST thing to do :).

If I love my country, that doesn't mean that if a govt. DOES wrong or EVIL things under my very nose and tries to cover things up (ref. 9/11, Nam war, the oil spills in the gulf, Watergate, the Gordon scandal [in Australia]), etc. I will defend it just because it's my country....on the contrary, it is MY DUTY AS A CITIZEN OF MY COUNTRY to unveil and INFORM people abouit what's REALLY going on in govts. I don't know if your American, but I wonder why many Americans don't get this yesman thing I'm saying despite the glorious American Revolution in which a band of TRUE PATRIOTS got rid of the evils of an oppressing Empire.....WITH ALL MEANS AND AGAINST ALL THE ODDS:):)!!!! Going against the wrongs of one's own country doies NOT mean not being a patriot......musically and socially speaking, bands like Jefferson Airplane (note the name JEFFERSON....ring any patriotic bells???!)...and Grateful Dead were the most American bands out there.....Grace Slick loved America and often sang wrapped in the American flag...BUT she and JA NEVER hesitated to sing AGAINST the war in Nam and against Nixon and the White House......GET IT NOW DUDE???!:):)

To tell you the Truth, I always got it because of MY OWN convictions and beliefs, not because of all the mumbo jumbo you just typed, which I may say, is the most rambling and what I can pick up is almost akin to complete jibberish.

However, I just read your post/reply 2 times because when I read it the 1st time, I was very confused about what you are saying, the 2nd time was because it never made any sense to me the 1st time.

Are you that privy to, "it is MY DUTY AS A CITIZEN OF MY COUNTRY to unveil and INFORM people abouit what's REALLY going on in govts." Please tell "US" how you are so privileged to know what's "really going on in govts." That quote and (for that matter) your whole post makes absolutely no sense to me.

By the way, who the fuck really cares anything about Grace Slick and her Anti-War stance and songs?

To tell you the Truth, I always got it because of MY OWN convictions and beliefs, not because of all the mumbo jumbo you just typed, which I may say, is the most rambling and what I can pick up is almost akin to complete jibberish.

However, I just read your post/reply 2 times because when I read it the 1st time, I was very confused about what you are saying, the 2nd time was because it never made any sense to me the 1st time.

Are you that privy to, "it is MY DUTY AS A CITIZEN OF MY COUNTRY to unveil and INFORM people abouit what's REALLY going on in govts." Please tell "US" how you are so privileged to know what's "really going on in govts." That quote and (for that matter) your whole post makes absolutely no sense to me.

By the way, who the fuck really cares anything about Grace Slick and her Anti-War stance and songs?

I already knew you were the "ignorant" type...in the sense of "you IGNORE the truth" even when it's pushed into yer nose:):)!!! If I don't have the privilege of "knowing the TRUTH", what makes you think YOU do with your "own beliefs...." and all????! Wasn't Watergate enuff for you guys??! Wasn't the BRUTAL murder of JFK, RK and MLK enuff for you guys?? Wasn't the undeniable proof of the 9/11 scandal enuff for you guys??! Must I REALLY go on??!

WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME IS YOUR JUMBLED UP JABBERWOCKY!!!!

Oh lots of people care and take heed in what Grace Slick sings and meant for many people in America and elsewhere:):)

A PHOTO FOR YOU, YER "HIGìHNESS":):):):)!!!

simg97.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-05-24

Edited by spidersandsnakes