IN MSG LIKE 1973

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ticle571141.ece more speculation i know but it keeps getting more and more exciting doesnt it???

“Then the talk went to, ‘What next? Was this it or would there be something else?’ One of the guys started talking about their three concerts at the Garden.

“There was a consensus of, ‘Why not?’

:D:cheer::banana::cheer:

Unfortunately, your source is The Sun, which is a tabloid magazine known for fabricating stories for entertainment. So it's not true. A few hours ago I read a story like that on a similar website about them confirming that they're touring, and releasing tour dates.

thanks for that link man my anticipation is ever growing and news like this gives it a major boost

of course i keep looking cuz im tired of people saying my source says this... and not stating there source(s) i like going somewhere credible and seeing it with my own eyes ill continue the search to see what may be said but its looking good 3 shows in MSG would be incredible.

drummerman, I am very disappointed to hear that someone such as yourself, who's name here leaves little doubt you play drums, could really be anticipating a tour by 'Led Zeppelin'. THIS IS NOT Led Zeppelin, they died when Bonzo died. Jason is nowhere near the drummer Bonham was, and from the reviews I've been reading on the Internet, Jason took the songs and made them his own, with a 'funkier' interpretation. Read between the lines please: Jason is not his awesome Dad. He could not and cannot play with Bonzo's swing, groove, fills and time. Did they do "Achilles Last Stand"? I wasn't there, haven't seen the playlist, but I highly doubt it. That is Bonzo at his awesome best, especially playing in concert on the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD (for my money, that version is better than the recorded version on the album 'Presence').

I myself am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, I love all four members. I was heavily influenced by John Bonham as I learned the drums many, many years ago (25+ years now), as I still am. I tried to play along with them, and thought I did a good job. Must have been the marijuana and alcohol I was on at the time. I've been clean and sober for 11 years now, and I cannot play the songs as faithfully as I once thought I could. And as Dave Grohl said, neither can he. Myself, I would not want to even hear them with Jason on drums, as he is a pale imitation of his father. Sure, Bonzo would kick my a ss for such a statement, but even Bonzo would know it’s true. Jason may have his own signature sound and style, I don't know because I don't listen to him anymore since his last performance with Led Zeppelin. I knew right away Jason did not have his Dad's innate ability to play drums. Some are gifted like Bonzo; others like myself and Jason have to really work hard at it.

Just my 2 cents worth, Prank

drummerman, I am very disappointed to hear that someone such as yourself, who's name here leaves little doubt you play drums, could really be anticipating a tour by 'Led Zeppelin'. THIS IS NOT Led Zeppelin, they died when Bonzo died. Jason is nowhere near the drummer Bonham was, and from the reviews I've been reading on the Internet, Jason took the songs and made them his own, with a 'funkier' interpretation. Read between the lines please: Jason is not his awesome Dad. He could not and cannot play with Bonzo's swing, groove, fills and time. Did they do "Achilles Last Stand"? I wasn't there, haven't seen the playlist, but I highly doubt it. That is Bonzo at his awesome best, especially playing in concert on the 2003 Led Zeppelin DVD (for my money, that version is better than the recorded version on the album 'Presence').

I myself am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, I love all four members. I was heavily influenced by John Bonham as I learned the drums many, many years ago (25+ years now), as I still am. I tried to play along with them, and thought I did a good job. Must have been the marijuana and alcohol I was on at the time. I've been clean and sober for 11 years now, and I cannot play the songs as faithfully as I once thought I could. And as Dave Grohl said, neither can he. Myself, I would not want to even hear them with Jason on drums, as he is a pale imitation of his father. Sure, Bonzo would kick my a ss for such a statement, but even Bonzo would know it’s true. Jason may have his own signature sound and style, I don't know because I don't listen to him anymore since his last performance with Led Zeppelin. I knew right away Jason did not have his Dad's innate ability to play drums. Some are gifted like Bonzo; others like myself and Jason have to really work hard at it.

Hi Prank, I respect your right to an opinion I just disagree with it. Of course this is Led Zeppelin. Page, Plant, Jones & Bonham - who else could it be?

i do play drums just to put that out there and do play Zeppelin songs with my friends and i think that jason did an amazing job filling in for his dad. Now was it the same no, but he added more fills on his own and if you listen to the Live versions of songs versus studio versions Bonzo would add his own style live that didn't go with the studio version with adding more fills and crashes of things to add more excitement. And as far as how drummers go Keith Moon of The Who is an amazing drummer and everyone said no one can fill in for him well they've had plenty and decent sounding ones as well i went and saw them and couldn't tell much a difference. So to have Jason fill in for his dad who else would you rather have and if you say no one that means you wouldn't want to see Zeppelin and i know you want to see them no matter whose behind the set.

Unfortunately, your source is The Sun, which is a tabloid magazine known for fabricating stories for entertainment. So it's not true. A few hours ago I read a story like that on a similar website about them confirming that they're touring, and releasing tour dates.

NME.com also reported the same story, so yeah, it must be true. We'll wait to hear from the band first.

You are a purist.

That's fine. I respect that. I don't agree with it, but I respect that.

Apparently, time has healed the wounds caused by the death of the late great JB for the rest of his band mates.

If THEY are ok with it, then so am I.

I think Jason did a damn fine job and by the looks of it, so did JP, RP and JPJ and the thousands of fans that attended the concert, and most of the rest of us who only got to see the clips on YouTube.

I wonder who they are smiling at??? :D

led-zeppelin-colour28.jpg

led-zeppelin-colour29.jpg

Photo credits: Ross Halfin, the luckiest bastard on earth.

I wonder who they are smiling at??? :D

led-zeppelin-colour28.jpg

led-zeppelin-colour29.jpg

Photo credits: Ross Halfin, the luckiest bastard on earth.

Those are maybe my favorite pics from the whole thing. They make me cry and smile simulataneously.

Halfin is the luckiest bastard on earth... the good news is, he's also a terrific, professional photographer so we get great pictures like those! Lucky us!

Sorry guys.

I'm going to disagree with all of you.

Jason did well.

In fact, i'm not going to be some hc-gayfan like some of you (SUGAR BONZO WHERE U BEENB)

but instead, i will say that they were EXACTLY the Led Zeppelin, here'n'alive.

They were there and they are alive.

If you diagree, well i sure respect your opinion while it's complete bullshit. :hippy:

I am no drummer and in fact, not even a musician, but I would like to weigh in on this subject. I was very skeptical about this concert. As any true Zeppelin fan knows, its the rhythm section of Jones/Bonham that makes Zeppelin sound like Zeppelin. All I was looking for out of this concert was to be able to close my eyes and hope that the boys could replicate the sound of 30 years ago.

After hearing the first, albeit, grainy youtube recordings I have to say that I was ecstatic. Nobody who knows what they are talking about is suggesting that Jason is as good as his dad. Jason's fills are gonna be different from John's and his style is slightly different. I found it funny that one review of the concert suggested that Jason's playing had a "jazz" element to it which I replied....."Have you ever really listened to his dad? He had all sorts of Jazz influences in his playing".

I think another way to measure Jason's playing is to look back at the Page/Plant concerts of 10 years ago. I attended two of them in person, and to me, Michael Lee sounded like he was banging on tupperware. He tried, but IMO sounded weak. Led Zeppelin without the proper rhthym section sounds two dimensional.

Anyway, I think however they did it whether it be the drum kit, technical enhances, whatever......to me they sounded like Zeppelin and thats all that counts.

NME.com also reported the same story, so yeah, it must be true. We'll wait to hear from the band first.

I hope this is ironic? The NME is a joke these days, especially their whole coverage of the Zeppelin reunion. They mainly recycle any old (and it usually is old) 'news' reported elsewhere.

tyedye, you hit the nail on the head, I am a Zeppelin purist to the core.

Like Bonzo, who was very critical of his own playing and demanded complete perfection (just as another drum prodigy Buddy Rich did), I suffer the same affliction. However, there is a distinct and separate line in the sand, and while I may be a perfectionist, I'm not Bonzo or Buddy Rich. I practice for hours, but I'm one of those dime a dozen drummers you've heard about. I know instantly when I hear Bonzo, Paice, Rich, Moon, Porcaro, Larrie London, et al., but while people say I have my own distinctive style and sound (one said I sounded like a cross between Bonham and Moon), I know where I stand...I'm a hack.

I've read 2 bios on Bonham, and the man was indeed truly a genius. The only 2 things we have in common from what I've read, is an intense fear of flying and wanting to be with our families.

I will give Jason props on 'Kashmir' though, as he did a respectable job on it - a very hard song to play/duplicate, and was passable on 'Good Times Bad Times', and 'Whole Lotta Love' (the "What do you think Daddy?" statement not withstanding). I sorely missed Bonzo's legendary bass drum footwork on all the above though, and Bonzo did it all with the Ludwig Speed King pedal, and sometimes the Ludwig Ghost pedal. I have the awesome DW5000 Accelerator pedal with the year 2000 technology and advancements to work with, and still can't cop his licks on the bass drum faithfully...the mind trembles with awe, respect and fear at what Bonzo could have done with this beast!!

Prank

Considering they broke the band up out of respect for Bonzo because no1 could carry on behind the kit which he left empty, I don't think Bonzo would have anything but praises for his son taking over for a reunion show-and possibly more. If anything, I like to believe Jason is the only replacement Bonzo would want and I know the boys respect Bonzo enough to know that's what he would have wanted. If they want to call it Led Zeppelin because a Bonham is playing drums, I can assure you Bonzo is just 'potty' about that.

*Had to throw that slang in there since the old man used it quite often

I think Jason did great. Like Drummerman88 said, if you want to see Zeppelin, who else would you want to take his place? And go listen to this interview with Jason:

http://www.4shared.com/file/31902685/483a1...minterview.html

He was so excited and honored! Not only is he the son, he's a true fan. He refers to them as Uncle Jimmy, Uncle Robert and Uncle John Paul. It was such a great moment when he bowed to them at the end. I know some of you are purists, I understand, but how lucky were we all to experieince this?

:D as the drummer for originals band No Quarter (NZ) seeing anybody play with the remaining members live is amaizing,thank the power of the bonzo god it happened at all, if you want note for note perfection listen to the records,if as a musician you want a live spontaneous musical experience i hope they jam out on stage and let the NEW SOUND flow into what it should be,and not try to replicate what can never be achieved again,the most exciting period of the history of music sinse the death of john may well be before us...... new zepplin new songs new records .... now if this happens there is a god to which i will follow.

I have finished litening to parts of Black Dog and most of Kashmir from Monday night, and I think it was definitely LED ZEPPELIN. Bonzo was there channeling thorugh his son.

Mistress Tyre

Undoubtedly.

Jason does play in a different style than Bonzo did. I watched all of Knebworth last night, Bonzo looks like he's not even working up a sweat, whereas Jason is definitely pounding away to get that sound.

But the end result for the vast part is right. And that's all that matters.

THIS IS LED ZEPPELIN. Page, Plant, Jones and BONHAM. Give Jason (and his father, for that matter) the respect that is due.

THIS IS NOT Led Zeppelin, they died when Bonzo died. Jason is nowhere near the drummer Bonham was, and from the reviews I've been reading on the Internet, Jason took the songs and made them his own, with a 'funkier' interpretation. Read between the lines please: Jason is not his awesome Dad. He could not and cannot play with Bonzo's swing, groove, fills and time.

Myself, I would not want to even hear them with Jason on drums, as he is a pale imitation of his father. Sure, Bonzo would kick my ass for such a statement, but even Bonzo would know it’s true. Jason may have his own signature sound and style, I don't know because I don't listen to him anymore since his last performance with Led Zeppelin. I knew right away Jason did not have his Dad's innate ability to play drums. Some are gifted like Bonzo; others like myself and Jason have to really work hard at it.

Prank,

Although you are allowed to speak your mind and offer up your opinion some of your statements just do not sit well with me. I don't think one person in the entire world expected Jason to get up there and be just like his father. No one expects Logan Plant to sing just like his father. Jason did exactly what was needed to kick major ass. He played from the heart and the blood of Bonzo flows through that heart. Jason is a fantastic drummer in his own right with lots of soul and groove. No one else would deserved to be behind the kit that night. Not only is Jason one of the nicest guys in the world but he's one hell of a drummer. I've been playing for 25 years and I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Jason numerous times while I was playing in Zoe's band. One time while hanging out I mentioned to him that I had stolen a bunch of his licks and fills and that I was very inspired by his playing. That just blew him away. He's a very humble guy who is in touch with the Legacy that is Led Zeppelin. Jason has a natural ability to play drums and no one, not even you can ever take that away from him. I'm sure we'll be seeing alot more of Jason from now on.

Chas

Considering they broke the band up out of respect for Bonzo because no1 could carry on behind the kit which he left empty, I don't think Bonzo would have anything but praises for his son taking over for a reunion show-and possibly more. If anything, I like to believe Jason is the only replacement Bonzo would want and I know the boys respect Bonzo enough to know that's what he would have wanted. If they want to call it Led Zeppelin because a Bonham is playing drums, I can assure you Bonzo is just 'potty' about that.

*Had to throw that slang in there since the old man used it quite often

WELL SAID, no one knows BONZO better than Jason. This includes the many different ways (feel/style and fills) that John Bonham played the songs live over the years. For the most part, never the same twice. Unfortunately most only know the studio versions inside out, but Jason was part of the family. B) So when it sounds different than the album, it probably is.

I think Johm Bonham is smiling right now!!

Definitely Led Zeppelin, with any other drummer, it would be Page, Plant Jones and ????

Archived