Best Bartender's Advice You've Recieved...

luvlz2

What is the best advice you have ever recieved from a bartender? Family and friends first, always attempt to leave a place better than when you arrived there if by nothing else just by positiveness... and don't put all your chips in one basket, those are some of the ones I've heard, but there are many others.

Edited by luvlz2

I had a 2nd job as a bartender for many years in the early 80's and the best advise I was told was from a great bartender in New Orleans. He stated "If I you to make money, stop drinking".

Best advise I think I ever gave..."You need to give me your keys if you want another drink". We had these huge brass type buckets behind the bar and we placed many keys in those buckets every night!!! :yesnod:

• 7 years later...
17 hours ago, chef free said:

I'm feeling really sorry for all the bartenders when we all go back to the bars!  We've spent three months pouring ourselves quadruples, "I know how this should taste!"...

LOL!!!!

I overheard this at a bar a few years ago.

male patron wearing a fedora hat goes up to the bar:  "Can I get a Henny and gin-gin?"  (Hennessy & ginger ale)

bartender: NO!

On 5/16/2020 at 10:05 AM, chef free said:

I'm feeling really sorry for all the bartenders when we all go back to the bars!  We've spent three months pouring ourselves quadruples, "I know how this should taste!"...

So true. I go to the occasional bar for the atmosphere and I know I am getting seriously hosed on the price of a drink. I know if I want a guaranteed excellent drink I either need to make it myself at home, or, go to the places that pour generously, know what they are doing, and drop $13 on a drink. Or I can go to the Moose Lodge and have Old Betty pour me one. Betty is old-school and only makes either hard liquor straight or with a single mixer. It ain't complicated or pretty but when she pours four ounces of bourbon to one ounce of coke for $2, you know you are in for one hell of a ride 🙂

Weirdly, I had two different bits of advice from two different bartenders...both pertaining to Jägermeister.

Bar #1 in Austin: Stay away from Jägermeister if you don't like licorice. (Which I don't)

Bar #2 in Fürth: Buy her Jägermeister and she'll let you do anything to her...she'll even drink your piss.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Weirdly, I had two different bits of advice from two different bartenders...both pertaining to Jägermeister.

Bar #1 in Austin: Stay away from Jägermeister if you don't like licorice. (Which I don't)

Bar #2 in Fürth: Buy her Jägermeister and she'll let you do anything to her...she'll even drink your piss.

Holy shit! Jagermeister should use that in an ad. Just imagine seeing that driving down the autobahn at 200 kph.