New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Is it possible that Jimmy hates the song Tangerine? he left it from the HTWWW set and now no Tangerine on LZ II bonus disc...

I looooove Tangerine though

i mean if he didn't have a version of it that was worth using on the bonus disc..........also for all we know he didnt have a version of tangerine for HTWWW that was up to snuff. great song always got a kick out of the earl's court versions where they were all trying to harmonize.

Is it possible that Jimmy hates the song Tangerine? he left it from the HTWWW set and now no Tangerine on LZ II bonus disc...

I looooove Tangerine though

I'm not too fond of Tangerine, so Jimmy left it off of the LZ II bonus disc to humor me. [just kidding!]

JUST read the news after not having checked in for a couple of days, and I just had to open up the window and yell out "FINALLY!!!!!!!!!" (especially after bitchin' about it for OVER a year!) ;)

Just checked out Amazon (U.S.) and a few quibbles:

1. The ONLY deluxe version I saw for sale was "LZ III." Why aren't the other two listed? If I read the press release right, ALL the albums would be coming out in multiple formats, right?

2. Although LZ's releases aren't the first to be released this way, I don't get the whole "Super Deluxe" box set format, combining cds and lps. I think MOST people would prefer ONE or the other. Or if you're gonna COMBINE formats, why not combine relatively SIMILAR formats, say cds & digital downloads. I'd buy that.

3. Looks like Amazon is combining PREVIOUS reviews with these new releases. It's a DIFFERENT animal. You would think a company as technically adept as Amazon could find a way to separate reviews of new releases from old ones of the same material. I just hope the reviews are for the packaging and sound, not the content. We ALREADY know LZ's albums are special. No need to repeat it.

Other than that, so EXCITED to finally have a date pinned down. Summer can't come fast enough! :)

There is so much to be happy about that I cannot grasp why anyone would have complaints. CD's for CD people. LP's for LP people (me). MP3's for the poor lost souls who don't know better, and Super Deluxe Box sets for the collectors and super fans. Nope, no complaints from this fan. It's all good. I think the offerings are great and comprehensive.

True, Dark Lord, they ARE offering the releases in the various formats, but for the "Super Deluxe" sets, which have some worthy items (like the digital card, the press kit, and the 70 page book), you have to buy the WHOLE shebang. I don't own a turntable (not a fan of LPs anyway), so I'll have to pass on this one. All I'm saying is why combine the two? Why not have a "Super Deluxe" CD version AND an LP version? Just don't get it, that's all. But still HAPPY about the release dates being set! :)

True, Dark Lord, they ARE offering the releases in the various formats, but for the "Super Deluxe" sets, which have some worthy items (like the digital card, the press kit, and the 70 page book), you have to buy the WHOLE shebang. I don't own a turntable (not a fan of LPs anyway), so I'll have to pass on this one. All I'm saying is why combine the two? Why not have a "Super Deluxe" CD version AND an LP version? Just don't get it, that's all. But still HAPPY about the release dates being set! :)

Yeah, I'd like to be able to buy the LPs and the book separately, but no worries, happy to give Jimmy my extra $20 for working so hard on this.

If funds are available and the stars are aligned, I could see getting all the Super Deluxe sets...and selling the vinyl to recoup some of my costs, as I don't have a turntable either. The HD audio and book have a lot of appeal.

1. The ONLY deluxe version I saw for sale was "LZ III." Why aren't the other two listed? If I read the press release right, ALL the albums would be coming out in multiple formats, right?

I'm not sure which "deluxe" you mean but I bought a copy of all three Super Deluxe editions earlier on Amazon US and just now again for a gift. But maybe you're referencing the CD Deluxe Sets? On none of the Super Deluxe pages where I purchased the sets did I see a review just this >

"There are no customer reviews yet.

This item has not been released yet and is not eligible to be reviewed."

I'm not a collector but I appreciate all three formats in a single package - very concise. It seems illogical to combine some formats and not others.

There is so much to be happy about that I cannot grasp why anyone would have complaints. CD's for CD people. LP's for LP people (me). MP3's for the poor lost souls who don't know better, and Super Deluxe Box sets for the collectors and super fans. Nope, no complaints from this fan. It's all good. I think the offerings are great and comprehensive.

^ Yes, I agree it's all good. I'll add that I think the price is reasonable for all that comes in the Super Deluxe set.

I understand your points guys (Trufan and Bozz), but look at it this way: if this was a release by another money motivated band, they would release a Super Deluxe Box that was missing items, and you'd be forced to buy them separately, and at a higher individual price, then the complaint would be that we are getting hosed, and that the marketing is just a cash grab. There should never be a complaint about getting too much, as most marketing tends to exploit fans. Zep have always been super respectful of their fans, while still trying to make a buck. The LP's will be a good investment in your collections if you don't open them. The box price is fair, and it wil come down. Right now the price is propped while super fans fight it out for the 30,000 numbered boxes. After that, I'd expect to see the settle in at about $99.

JUST read the news after not having checked in for a couple of days, and I just had to open up the window and yell out "FINALLY!!!!!!!!!" (especially after bitchin' about it for OVER a year!) ;)

Other than that, so EXCITED to finally have a date pinned down. Summer can't come fast enough! :)

They are all listed now.

I understand your points guys (Trufan and Bozz), but look at it this way: if this was a release by another money motivated band, they would release a Super Deluxe Box that was missing items, and you'd be forced to buy them separately, and at a higher individual price, then the complaint would be that we are getting hosed, and that the marketing is just a cash grab. There should never be a complaint about getting too much, as most marketing tends to exploit fans. Zep have always been super respectful of their fans, while still trying to make a buck. The LP's will be a good investment in your collections if you don't open them.

That's fair. I certainly don't think it's a cash grab, but it would be nice now that all of the items are known, that people could get the exact items they wanted without having to buy the super deluxe box. For instance, I'm sure there are people out there that are only interested in the book and are left with the choice of being unsatisfied or shelling out for items they have no interest in.

I understand your points guys (Trufan and Bozz), but look at it this way: if this was a release by another money motivated band, they would release a Super Deluxe Box that was missing items, and you'd be forced to buy them separately, and at a higher individual price, then the complaint would be that we are getting hosed, and that the marketing is just a cash grab. There should never be a complaint about getting too much, as most marketing tends to exploit fans. Zep have always been super respectful of their fans, while still trying to make a buck. The LP's will be a good investment in your collections if you don't open them. The box price is fair, and it wil come down. Right now the price is propped while supr fans fight it out for the 30,000 numbered boxes. After that, I'd expect to see the settle in at about $99.

So true Dark Lord, I will get the first in Super Deluxe form for sure, so at least I have at least one and my favorite, the rest most likely Deluxe CD unless my fortunes change.

pujols05 (maybe it's just me, but for some reason, the "quote" function doesn't work):

I was thinking the SAME thing, although I wonder how MUCH the LPs would go for on eBay, NAKED! Heck, I still have to sell my COMPLETE studio recordings box set (checking what the market's paying so far) and my ORIGINAL release double cd of "Physical Graffiti" (unfortunately, not much!)

For my own fun and in anticipation of the real thing, I inverted the album cover of Houses of the Holy. Looks pretty cool!! But, being 2014 and nude kids on the cover, are they gonna slighty alter the cover? Or leave it the way is was?

pujols05 (maybe it's just me, but for some reason, the "quote" function doesn't work):

I was thinking the SAME thing, although I wonder how MUCH the LPs would go for on eBay, NAKED! Heck, I still have to sell my COMPLETE studio recordings box set (checking what the market's paying so far) and my ORIGINAL release double cd of "Physical Graffiti" (unfortunately, not much!)

Oh yeah...What am I going to do with my Complete Studio Recordings? Hmmm.

That's fair. I certainly don't think it's a cash grab, but it would be nice now that all of the items are known, that people could get the exact items they wanted without having to buy the super deluxe box. For instance, I'm sure there are people out there that are only interested in the book and are left with the choice of being unsatisfied or shelling out for items they have no interest in.

yeah for people who only care about the book.........i mean this release is about remastering zeppelin's music. I'm sure they could sell the book separately, but seems illogical. What you've got right now is the option to have the content in all possible formats and configurations to your heart's content, with no audio content being held back for any more than the $20 you pay to get the album and the bonus music. We should be glad that the super deluxe boxes don't have some 3rd disc of super special rarities and that they had the consideration to at least have all the MUSIC available at a fair rate. For all the other completist stuff and bells and whistles, well there you have the hyper upgraded options.

Ouch!!!! That hurts but oh well!!! :elvis2:

Order Placed: March 13, 2014 Amazon.com order number: xxxxxx Order Total: $437.61

51knd3OBtGL._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin II (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]
By: Led Zeppelin
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Condition: New

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free - 1 item Gift options: None sm-tan-change._V192195424_.gif
$134.75
61TqIkg6w7L._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin III (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free - 1 item Gift options: None sm-tan-change._V192195424_.gif
$134.75
51Fn0FSZXZL._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin I (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]

Archived