New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Not happy, the companion disc for III has not appeared in my cloud player.......

exactly the same here! i've emailed Amazon, i could always do the copying later, better quality rip right?

still, nice these were waiting for me, best Monday in a long time

post-8029-0-39344500-1401704692_thumb.jp

Luckily no delivery problems here in Holland - ordered my 3 deluxe boxsets 2 weeks ago and picked them up at my recordstore last saturday. They're great! The 3 picturebooks are especially nice.

Now to make a difficult choice: which bank to rob for the next 3 boxsets..

Not happy, the companion disc for III has not appeared in my cloud player.......

Same here, that was the one I was most looking forward to as well, need to wait until I get home from work to hear it...

Amazon are usually pretty good so can't complain I suppose. Thursday June 5th confirmed for my Zep orders. I suppose their workload has gone up due to these releases. I shall have to just be patient and read what others lucky enough to get theirs before me are saying. I'm trying not to listen to anything till I get mine. Difficult!!

Same here, that was the one I was most looking forward to as well, need to wait until I get home from work to hear it...

Snap, fortunately the postie has just been with my three deluxe CDs....

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A20589281%3A1031%3A01%2D06%2D2014%3A

New interview with Jimmy Page on the Dave Fanning Sunday show on RTÉ yesterday.

Probably the best interview with Jimmy I ever heard.

We also hear the interesting news that the song with JPJ singing was "La La". It's title comes from the fact that JPJ was lala-ing his idea of what a vocal track would sound like and LA LA was written on the tape box. So that's it. The plot thickens. I did a capture yesterday of the full interview and will be uploading it.

Amazon.es (Spain, my supposed go-to store for this one) had the boxes at 125 euros (about US$ 170) so I said no freaking way and bought them at Barnes & Noble, which charged 105 per album and just $10,46 for Shipping & Handling to Barcelona.

Now I don't think we have any HD tracks retailer around, so I gave up on the digital downloads (sad, I know) placing my value on the physical stuff but now I can't get them out of my head. Question is: am I elligible for HD downloads, too? Having purchased the box sets in a foreign (though international) retailer? I'm not very familiar as to how digital downloads for this kind of release work...

Thanks very much in advance

Hotfooted it down to the local HMV today only to find that they had I and II on CD but not III (they had III on vinyl only). Man on the counter said the others all arrived a few days ago but no sign of the III CD and he had no idea when it was coming. (Told him what I'd heard about the problems and he'd heard nothing about that).

Came home and went on Amazon UK and they had III available with next day delivery. Is the HMV issue the same all over the UK or just my branch...? Part of me sort of thinks there's a lot wrong with Amazon... and the other just thinks, "yeah, but they've ALWAYS got what you're looking for." A couple of quid cheaper too.

Still, never mind... it's Led Zeppelin Day!!! :hurrah:

I have made up my mind that the delay is a prolonging of the fun of hearing the new stuff rather than a marring of it. Enjoy, everyone!

It looks like part of the promotion for the remasters comes in the form of graffiti on the streets of London which has begun appearing over the weekend. At first I was skeptical, thinking it was a one-off, but these are all over the place. Old Street, Shoreditch, Portobello Road etc.

Interesting. I would welcome confirmation that this is part of an official promotional campaign.

Interesting. I would welcome confirmation that this is part of an official promotional campaign.

As would I, I doubt we'll get it, though.

What made me think they're official is that the stencil matches the promotional Roman numerals found in the official posters etc. Also the sheer scale of this is bigger than a single graffiti artist, there seems to be at least ten of these in London, each with different colours etc. I know some record labels hire "street teams" of taggers and outfit them with stencils to go and spread the word.

The amazon page for II and III cd are different for some reason. III has an mp3 option at the top but when you hit it you get the old version of III not the the remaster (10 songs only). That is probably the problem, on three they are auto ripping the old version (so no companion disk). The III deluxe mp3 version does exist in the mp3 section also where it gives you the option to get the CD with the auto rip. Seems like Amazon screwd up.

The amazon page for II and III cd are different for some reason. III has an mp3 option at the top but when you hit it you get the old version of III not the the remaster (10 songs only). That is probably the problem, on three they are auto ripping the old version (so no companion disk). The III deluxe mp3 version does exist in the mp3 section also where it gives you the option to get the CD with the auto rip. Seems like Amazon screwd up.

I called amazon they say they will look into it, I'm not really that bothered, could just rip the companion disc from III but it's a point of principal.

I called amazon they say they will look into it, I'm not really that bothered, could just rip the companion disc from III but it's a point of principal.

I'm on with them now, but its good to have the correct version auto ripped as it goes on the cloud for free

Archived