New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Interesting as to why no other version of "Tangerine"?

IMO because that's the least wonderful of any song LZ did. Emphasizing 'IMO'.

Well, just got my three deluxe box sets from B & N..... Two LZ 1s and a LZ 3 instead of 1,2,3.....oh boy.........

Oh no, I'm waiting for my 3 SDBS from them as well, fingers crossed!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I went to a B&N store to exchange a LZ1 for a LZII & they wanted $25 more than the online price for it. I told them I would pay it if I they would credit the difference on my online account. They wouldn't do it, so I had to ship it back, wait for it to get there & then they will ship out LZII....I expressed my disbelief & displeasure when they e-mailed me a survey as to how my experience went with the exchange...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I went to a B&N store to exchange a LZ1 for a LZII & they wanted $25 more than the online price for it. I told them I would pay it if I they would credit the difference on my online account. They wouldn't do it, so I had to ship it back, wait for it to get there & then they will ship out LZII....I expressed my disbelief & displeasure when they e-mailed me a survey as to how my experience went with the exchange...

There's your weapon! that survey is sent out automatically, the dopes at the counter probably don't even know about it. You should fill it out and give the home office something to think about. That's who you want to deal with.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Maybe someone on this board is in retail and can explain, but this makes no sense to me. I haven't seen the SDBSs selling for different prices, so box set for Led Zeppelin should cost the same as II. They aren't out anything when they make the change, and can sell the box set you provide for the same price as the one you'd get from them. Sure, it cost you $25 less on their site, but they'll be able to sell it at the $25 mark-up.

In the face of on-line competition, they're flat out foolish to not accommodate you. Especially when Amazon's replacement policy is much more user friendly.

Maybe someone on this board is in retail and can explain, but this makes no sense to me. I haven't seen the SDBSs selling for different prices, so box set for Led Zeppelin should cost the same as II. They aren't out anything when they make the change, and can sell the box set you provide for the same price as the one you'd get from them. Sure, it cost you $25 less on their site, but they'll be able to sell it at the $25 mark-up.

In the face of on-line competition, they're flat out foolish to not accommodate you. Especially when Amazon's replacement policy is much more user friendly.

No, the difference was between the online price & the physical store price. All three were the same price; $104.99 online vs. $129.99 at the store. Maybe they're two different accounting entities, retail/online ? Still, I told them that I had wasted a couple hours of my time & gallons of gasoline @ $4.00 a gal to rectify a mistake of their doing. I left my phone #, so I gather I'll be hearing from them soon....I also told them that I wouldn't be doing business with them anymore...

Just checked my B&N online account & LZII in my "shopping bag" so, I gotta wait for my return to get there....

No, the difference was between the online price & the physical store price. All three were the same price; $104.99 online vs. $129.99 at the store. Maybe they're two different accounting entities, retail/online ? Still, I told them that I had wasted a couple hours of my time & gallons of gasoline @ $4.00 a gal to rectify a mistake of their doing. I left my phone #, so I gather I'll be hearing fem them soon....

Sorry, not sure if I confused you. Obviously B&N's retail and on-line stores have different prices, but as you say each set is the same price in the store, so can't understand their reasoning.

Sorry, not sure if I confused you. Obviously B&N's retail and on-line stores have different prices, but as you say each set is the same price in the store, so can't understand their reasoning.

I'm sure I'll get some BS explanation when I receive their follow up call. I'm wondering what they'll do to make things right.

Glad you're loving them. LZ III is a masterpiece of transition, much like the less respected ITTOD. The Tangerine question is an interesting one. I could speculate about the fact that it was a Yardbirds carry over, with some "controversy" attached, but it's hard to say for sure. That makes the most sense to me, as it would be a wonderful decision to include a demo or alternate take. 4 days and counting. Serenity now!

I was thinking the same thing, maybe the other version had too much carry over from the Yardbirds' original.

Listening to the "new" SIBLY, just so amazing. Much more emotion in this version, IMO. Jimmy just shreds.

:stereo:

Assuming the box was unopened, and the exact same as the ones they had in stock, I can't see why they couldn't make it work. They should have been able to give a store credit for the amount of the boxset (the price you paid online) and then price match LZ II to the lower internet price. I find it hard to believe that B&N won't price match themselves.

I work at Target and have people coming up to me all the time asking about prices on our website vs. in store. I have no idea why there is a price discrepancy, but we always match the price.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe the other version had too much carry over from the Yardbirds' original.

Listening to the "new" SIBLY, just so amazing. Much more emotion in this version, IMO. Jimmy just shreds.

:stereo:

I too with that song during the Yardbirds days. I think it was called back then..."I Know I'm Losing You", if I'm correct about this. Still a great piece in either era.

Knowing That I'm Losing You

Well, I was close, relatively! . A bit disoriented now, as I'm listening to the vinyl boxes at the moment! Led Zeppelin Premiere currently! :stereo: Just beyond belief with the sound, clarity and so on! Better yet posting my comments on Strider's RMs threads! But, wow they are good on vinyl! :toast:

But, wow they are good on vinyl! :toast:

WOW, indeed! I've been listening to the vinyls all day...and looking through those gorgeous books which I am really enjoying. It's been a long time since I listened to vinyls, and I do miss that crackling sound when the needle touches down! Nothing like it!!

Just a bit of housekeeping here to mention - we obviously haven't received a re-remastered version of the official edited single version of WLL, which was last re-released as a CD single in 1997 and runs to 4:53. I couldn't help noticing this anomaly as a completist, as this 'Edit' version is part of the official catalogue but presumably was overlooked for the latest remastering project. It's not like we're technically missing out on anything as it's a simple edit of the full-length album version, but it is after all still part of the official LZ discography!

WLL was released as a mono-version single back in late '69-early '70, should they have re-released a remastered version of that too? These are album remasters, not everything ever released remasters.

Assuming the box was unopened, and the exact same as the ones they had in stock, I can't see why they couldn't make it work. They should have been able to give a store credit for the amount of the boxset (the price you paid online) and then price match LZ II to the lower internet price. I find it hard to believe that B&N won't price match themselves.

I work at Target and have people coming up to me all the time asking about prices on our website vs. in store. I have no idea why there is a price discrepancy, but we always match the price.

Yeah, it was still in the cardboard box it was shipped in, with the foam around it. I never took it out. The cashier was all set to do the exchange. She didn't know exactly how to enter it into the computer, so she called the manager over for help. He's the guy that nixed it. I told him I would shell out the $129.99 in cash for LZII, as long as he would credit me the difference. He said he couldn't do it.

Just a bit of housekeeping here to mention - we obviously haven't received a re-remastered version of the official edited single version of WLL, which was last re-released as a CD single in 1997 and runs to 4:53. I couldn't help noticing this anomaly as a completist, as this 'Edit' version is part of the official catalogue but presumably was overlooked for the latest remastering project. It's not like we're technically missing out on anything as it's a simple edit of the full-length album version, but it is after all still part of the official LZ discography!

One word....CODA. I think a few of the missing pieces may end up there.

I went into Circuit City once to check out an Onkyo receiver that I had seen on their website. They had the receiver in stock but it was $200 more expensive in the store than on the website. The manager told me that the store was unable to price match their own website's prices.

But here's the real kicker. He let me use a computer in the store to log onto their website, order the receiver and arrange an in-store pick-up. I completed the transaction online and left the store with the receiver. Go find the logic in that one.

I went into Circuit City once to check out an Onkyo receiver that I had seen on their website. They had the receiver in stock but it was $200 more expensive in the store than on the website. The manager told me that the store was unable to price match their own website's prices.

But here's the real kicker. He let me use a computer in the store to log onto their website, order the receiver and arrange an in-store pick-up. I completed the transaction online and left the store with the receiver. Go find the logic in that one.

And perhaps this goes some way to explaining why Circuit City is no more.

Archived