New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

From CMR:

I assume that Sabbath set has the most recent digital remasters.

Yes, and it is a relatively new set, as I described above. It is not the Castle remasteres that Strider referred to. I have the vinyl box of this set, and it's fantastic. I'll be ordering the new CD set too. $44 (Canadian price on Amazon) for 8 remastered albums in mini LP format and in a box. You cannot beat that.

So, are we fairly confident that Jimmy's photo shoot yesterday was related to the new releases? Or has that been debunked yet?

It's coming and can't wait. Feel confident that we'll see the first of these very shortly! I don't have info, it's just those I trust here are rather optimistic now!

You're Correct Dave...not much longer. The Wheel will

Roll on....

Ahhh, so you're the trusted source that Dave refers to nirvana? Sorta like the hub of the wheel that rolls on.....

Well, I hope you're right. Things look promising. :)

I didn't say Nirvana was the trusted source here, I'm referring too. There are a several of them here. After spending a number of years here on this board and posting quite a bit, you just know who they are!

After spending a number of years here on this board and posting quite a bit, you just know who they are!

Uh huh. And who they aren't. I figured it out in less than several years. Mind you, I went back and read about 90% of the archived threads here, and even those in the know had some unfulfilled predictions, especially around 2009 and 2010. There is always the Zep factor to throw things for a loop. :)

Like you, I take some people's word as being fairly authoritative on upcoming releases, etc.

Actually nirvana, you've blown it for everyone. The whole project has just been turned off on account of your cryptic posts. I hope your happy now.

Coming from the guy that started the Zeppelin Mysteries thread and goes by the Alchemist's Archivist motto...I will take cryptic as my crime here Steven. Thank you sir!

Looks like this is it, three Led Zeppelin vinyl releases on Amazon with a June 2 release date. Looks like a standard remaster vinyl re-release of Led Zeppelin II, and an expanded double album too.

When I was looking there was also double CD for Led Zeppelin I. Btw, album covers have different colors.

It looks like they're gradually adding the listings and image for the first three albums.

So far, each album looks to have four different release formats: 1 CD / 2CD / 1 record / 3 records

Also, the cover for II looks pretty ugly. I know Jimmy is all about light and shade, flipping the colours round, but gosh, it doesn't look pretty.

post-20091-0-29255800-1394538550_thumb.j

Didn't Jimmy reference not having enough alternate takes and mixes for the first album? Looks like the debut album features Live At the Olympia across two extra discs to make up for it. The next two albums are 2 record box sets, so presumably that's the remastered album and the outtakes.

Amazon.com in USA is listing no new Zeppelin releases as of yet. Odd that Amazon.com.UK is the first source of info on such an anticipated release such as these 3 albums.

So much for the mystery end of things heh Steve?

Is it just me, or have the listings disappeared from search pages? Earlier today you could search for "led zeppelin", select CD or Vinyl, and sort by release date to display the remaster sets. Now they don't appear in searches, but the links are still live.

Archived