New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

does anyone have the link for the vinyldeluxe of LZII ?

I see the link for I and III .It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. For the record i think the new releases look magnificent.

The negative image for the second lp of every set is clever.To the naysayers

its not 1969 the shock of the new is long gone.What would you have done?

So if I understand correctly, no live tracks on the extra disc with LZII?

No details about the extra tracks for LZII or LZIII (aside from Jimmy's tease of a "Since" alternate). The only reason we have some inkling of the debut album's bonuses is because the listing has a picture of the physical LPs.

There are, but it's on a white background, so they're hard to see.

Now that you mention that, I can see the holes. Good eyes!

Meanwhile, I'm curious about your signature line, Death to hoarding. Is that music related, survivalist related or messy house related?

Shit, yeah. Did'nt look properly. I was just listening to the boot.

yeah gunna be sweet to see what jimmy's done with this show/what his source is for the audio. Will be interesting to see if it's the complete show or if it's just select tracks that jimmy's worked with. Cool at the very least that they're including Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown, just listened to that version real quick and it just SHREDS. Bonzo is just going crazy and you can feel just some crazy youthful enthusiasm from the guys. Excited to see what content happens on all the releases, whether it's live stuff or studio tracks. Thinking on some of these it'll be a mix of the two, but figure for LZ I they had to go all live as they didn't really hardly muck around in the studio at all back then. Didn't they at some point record Train Kept A Rollin and As Long As I Have You back then?

Now that you mention that, I can see the holes. Good eyes!

Meanwhile, I'm curious about your signature line, Death to hoarding. Is that music related, survivalist related or messy house related?

;)

Haha, it's mostly a joke. It refers to what some "fans" do, where they purchase (or otherwise acquire) music or related media, and keep it to themselves as either a power-trip or for financial gain.

Didn't they at some point record Train Kept A Rollin and As Long As I Have You back then?

I've only ever seen that rumoured, without anything to substantiate it.

If Page unleashes a remastered Fillmore West/San Francisco and/or studio recorded "As Long As I Have You" outtake, I think my life will be complete.

I don't know if that will appear if it's not part of the first album set (and it doesn't look like it is). As I understand it, the companion discs are outtakes or appropriate live material from the same "era."

But it would be spectacular.

should we expect an official announcement pretty soon then? unless this IS the marketing? ive already posted the LZ1 pic on facebook, we're doing the legwork! ;)

It was ever thus. Led Zeppelin was always about minimal marketing. They would make an announcement, maybe place a few ads in the press and let radio and Zeppelin fans spread the word.

That is what was so incredible about the Celebration Day release...it was an actual concerted marketing push by the boys. The first I can recall. Not even the DVD/HTWWW release got as much.

This is just awesome news. Let's savor these moments folks, as this could well be the last big hoorah for Zeppelin. On A side note, my wallet is going to take a shit kicking. Let's see, one of ever format to enjoy, and one of every format to keep sealed. I might have to get a second job. Thanks to the info leakers who woke us up in Canada with a great little surprise. :)

I like the way you think. This might be the last time I purchase the Led Zeppelin catalogue in cd form. I bought the 1990 box set and the second box after that. Then I traded them in for the Complete Studio Recordings box set in 1993. I bought all the individual albums in Japanese Mini-vinyl replicas and also in standard US cds. Then I traded my 1993 Complete Studio Recordings box for the 2008 Japanese SHC Vinyl replica box, with TSRTS included, as well as all the extra ITTOD covers and the Turquoise "I".

Now, after getting all these deluxe sets on cd, that might do it for me. Of course, I'll still buy Zeppelin vinyl.

I cannot believe people are complaining already...about the artwork, about what is or what isn't on the bonus discs. Oy vey.

I cannot believe people are complaining already...about the artwork, about what is or what isn't on the bonus discs. Oy vey.

My thoughts exactly. Presumed guilty before the trial even starts.

It was ever thus. Led Zeppelin was always about minimal marketing. They would make an announcement, maybe place a few ads in the press and let radio and Zeppelin fans spread the word.

That is what was so incredible about the Celebration Day release...it was an actual concerted marketing push by the boys. The first I can recall. Not even the DVD/HTWWW release got as much.

Which I like! But funny what you say about the Celebration day release, I wasn't around back in the day so it wouldn't occur to me that they would/didn't do press conferences, you can tell too, footage shows they didn't look like they really wanted to be there so I wonder whose Idea it was? They have different management and weren't obligated to push the release

Still, these sets are gonna look the bollocks! I keep looking at Z1, gives me a vibe like this is the first time it's ever coming out

Good to read the news today, and a nice bit of detective work on here with photos. :bravo:

This show from 1969 in Paris on LZ1 is that a good show, I'm not really in the know when it comes to the early shows?

Good to read the news today, and a nice bit of detective work on here with photos. :bravo:

This show from 1969 in Paris on LZ1 is that a good show, I'm not really in the know when it comes to the early shows?

It's a ballsy show. Think of it as proto-Royal Albert Hall 1970.

Fantastic news!

Here's the gatefold image for LZ I:

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/images/photos/1969/lz19691010_09.jpg

what will be interesting will be if they have the soundboard for this and utilized that or if they worked on the radio broadcast feed. You can see from that pic that there's at least a boom mic over the drums and jimmy's likely obscuring a mic on the bass drum. This is back in the days when you didn't mic every drum, just typically an overhead so hopefully they retained that soundboard feed. If so, can't wait for this. Excited for all the different goods page has in store here, whether it be studio or live although i hope that for each disc it's not ALL studio or ALL live, but rather a mix of the two where applicable. Will be interesting to see if LZ I is all of the olympia show or just selected pieces....

if anyone hasn't heard this stuff, find the radio feed online, it's out there on youtube pretty easily. They just rip it up into a fury on this show, definitely a hot night in the fall for the boys.

Also, the cover for II looks pretty ugly. I know Jimmy is all about light and shade, flipping the colours round, but gosh, it doesn't look pretty.

It DOES, it does ! The artwork we've seen from all three is firing me up as much as anything. Absolutely brilliant way to rework great album art without undermining its roots, In all three cases ... and I LOVE the way that an album I've always seen through the prism of that brown artwork is now revisited in another colour scheme.

Likewise the first and third albums look SO cool.

There was mention of Shepard Fairey and I imagined, without really welcoming, a big reversioning of the look. But no.

THIS is absolutely perfect : it's the original, transposed. Simple as that.

And with those three to meditate on, I simply CANNOT WAIT for the future artwork on Houses of the Holy !!!

The only alternate cover artwork that we haven't seen is Led Zeppelin III. Here's a quick mock-up of what an inverted cover will look like

Except that these new versions aren't inverted. They may appear that way at first glance but they aren't (try inverting the new Zep 1 and 2 covers).

Except that these new versions aren't inverted. They may appear that way at first glance but they aren't (try inverting the new Zep 1 and 2 covers).

Correct, they're modified "negative" version. That post was just a quick idea to see what the third album's negative artwork would look like.

So no out takes on LZI then (unless they're on side 4)? NOT complaining - It'll be nice to have the Paris show without the French DJ giving station ID's.... As far as the Back Photo - what can you do with such an iconic image. They only detractor (for me) about the art work is that it reminds me of the Beatles Let It Be - Naked cover. Kind of like - we've seen that movie before you know. But like I said - how could you change any of these covers when album art was as much as a statement as the music there in. CAN'T wait!

Archived