What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

We got home late last night and so didn't listen to our phone messages until this morning. On the machine was a message from our vet, who had done surgery on our dog Eve earlier this week. She removed a large and very aggressive growth from Eve's chest, leaving an 8" scar. We have been bummed ever since, we just adopted Eve last year and were sad to contemplate the possibility of cancer.

IT WASN'T CANCER! It was just a cyst!

I am so happy right now. :-)

Eve is the black dog in this pic:

1968565114_901db42335.jpg

^that is a great reason to be really happy.

I went to one of my (still good but) old friend's graduation party today. It was nice to be there because I hadn't seen her in a few years. (Which is strange, considering we LIVED together for two years.)

She graduated nursing school on Friday, and she's now a nursing graduate. She hasn't taken the state boards yet, but I'm confident she'll do fine.

I'm proud of her because she is the first in her family to go to college, and she's taken the long way like me--it's taken 10 years to get her degree.

Buffon's saving made you happy? Funny, cuz it had the opposite effect on me. Maybe because I'm from Romania :D .

Summer holiday. That's what made me happy for the next three months. Ain't life great?!

I took my daughter to her first "proper" drum lesson and she nailed it!

She can play a little guitar, recorder, keyboards and currently learning the clarinet.

My drummer (he calls me his guitarist!) Chris, tutored her and was very impressed.

After two hours she was doing the shuffle and straight 4/4 beats with flams and triplet rolls.

She is slowly getting into Zeppelin so now I have to download MD onto her ipod.

You know, subliminal training!

Edited by Reggie29

The coffee is great and got some real big compliments yesterday. Two different girls lol. One came across 2 rooms and more or less made sure I saw and heard her :)

I love nice people...

^that is a great reason to be really happy.

I went to one of my (still good but) old friend's graduation party today. It was nice to be there because I hadn't seen her in a few years. (Which is strange, considering we LIVED together for two years.)

She graduated nursing school on Friday, and she's now a nursing graduate. She hasn't taken the state boards yet, but I'm confident she'll do fine.

I'm proud of her because she is the first in her family to go to college, and she's taken the long way like me--it's taken 10 years to get her degree.

Most excellent!

Doesn't matter how long it takes, it matters that you guys hung in there and did it!

I'm happy i was able to find more delicious fruit at the market. I've stocked up for at least the next few days (it's the simple things that make me happy, lol).

I'm ecstatic over the beautiful weather. It's in the low 70's with a slight cool breeze and couldn't feel better.

I'm happy i am planning a nice nap in a few minutes with my lovely girl.

I'm happy i have a nice trip coming up soon. Thinking about it makes each day seem brighter.

I bought the Mama Kin CD today. I had to buy it online, and I have NO clue what the US dollar is right now in exchange with the Aussie dollar, so it was $23 Aussie dollars...I probably just paid like $40 for it! :o

Not 80's Mama Kin, Aussie Mama Kin.

She is touring with John Butler Trio. I saw them in Boise in April.

I can't read a calender, I'm a freaking cat :) :)

Hiya Mandy...

I'm off for a bit. Too nice to not enjoy a walk and a kitty nap.

Cheers>>>

Edited by ledbaby

That today as I walked by Cash 2000 on Wellington street in Verdun I saw a "Give us an offer" sign on the Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 450c printer so I walked in and offered $10... they said "yah" ... I was so stunned I couldn't beleive it and laughed even though I had no cash on me .., so I went back and offered $10 ... they said OK and WOW!!!

That's like what I wanted for so long in order to print out BIG maps of wherever I want helping me with my job ... and VOILA...

EXCELLENT!!!

Lrt the good times roll!!!