What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Im still crying............

:blink:

Maybe I should repost in the "What Made You Unhappy Today" section or start another post entitled; "What Made You Happy, Then Unhappy Today" post, or perhaps entitled; "Things That Made Your Pants Tight But Your Brain Took Over".....i dunno.

Ha, I definitely think we could fill up a thread with those moments...and possibly the opposite, too! :D

No work today - I'm happy! Going to the desert tomorrow, that's a happy thought too! Jamey Johnson's coming out with a new album this fall - TOTAL happy thought...I didn't think there'd be one until next year. Good times! I like this year!

edit: I just noticed theycallmethehunter's avatar, which made me laugh out loud. Love it!

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

I had the privilege of meeting her several weeks back while down the bayou in Houma,LA

I was at a seafood stand purchasing some fresh cracklins', a very nice lady! :D

A related story in the local media.

<H1 class=Headline>TV's Elly May Clampett Is Happy At Home In La.

STACEY PLAISANCE, Associated Press Writer</H1>POSTED: 5:51 am CDT August 6, 2009

UPDATED: 5:52 am CDT August 6, 2009

http://www.wdsu.com/entertainment/20301102/detail.html

1. Finished two of my stories. They're about animals, and I never write about them.

2. And finally, I have an idea how to get into the German language. I'll listen to Rammstein. :D

I've always loved to learn other languages but never tried german. My mom speaks it better than Serbian which was the reason why I didn't want to learn it. Now, I want it so baaaaad.

I woke up to a horrendous thunderstom/rain storm, and it's been continuing all day long! :D

I've sat around and done NOTHING today! NOTHING!

...except for watch a movie, play on the internet, drink some coffee and read my book.

Yeah.

My kinda day. ;)

1. Finished two of my stories. They're about animals, and I never write about them.

2. And finally, I have an idea how to get into the German language. I'll listen to Rammstein. :D

I've always loved to learn other languages but never tried german. My mom speaks it better than Serbian which was the reason why I didn't want to learn it. Now, I want it so baaaaad.

How many languages do you know?

How many languages do you know?

2 and a half :D I know English and Spanish (a little bit). I've also learned French, but these days... C'est la vie. That's all I can say. And merde.

And I could say 5-6, if I count Croatian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Macedonian... :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::cheer:

Excellent news! Congratulations :D

Thank you very much :) It was a year dedicated to - wait for it - Creative Writing (and then Advanced Creative Writing). I did everything from poetry to film scripts to radio plays to short stories. I enjoyed it immensely and feel happy with what I've achieved, but I'm glad it's done. Now it's all about 19th and 20th Century Literature. This year's going to be a wee bit tougher.

Thank you very much :) It was a year dedicated to - wait for it - Creative Writing (and then Advanced Creative Writing). I did everything from poetry to film scripts to radio plays to short stories. I enjoyed it immensely and feel happy with what I've achieved, but I'm glad it's done. Now it's all about 19th and 20th Century Literature. This year's going to be a wee bit tougher.

I love creative writing. Sounds like an interesting year though - exploring many different areas like that, especially film scripts and radio plays! I would definitely say this year will be challenging - English Lit or American as well?

I love creative writing. Sounds like an interesting year though - exploring many different areas like that, especially film scripts and radio plays! I would definitely say this year will be challenging - English Lit or American as well?

It's mainly English Lit, but we do (and will do) the works of American writers as well. Just thinking off the top of my head, I'll be doing Henry James, Philip K. Dick (the Do Android Dream Of Electric Sheep? author), Kate Chopin, T.S. Eliot and Allen Ginsberg (super excited about reading his stuff!), but I've done assignments on/learnt about Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Emily Dickinson, Louisa May Alcott and Alice Walker. There's probably a ton more but I can't think of them right now.

It's mainly English Lit, but we do (and will do) the works of American writers as well. Just thinking off the top of my head, I'll be doing Henry James, Philip K. Dick (the Do Android Dream Of Electric Sheep? author), Kate Chopin, T.S. Eliot and Allen Ginsberg (super excited about reading his stuff!), but I've done assignments on/learnt about Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Emily Dickinson, Louisa May Alcott and Alice Walker. There's probably a ton more but I can't think of them right now.

Yay!! That's the stuff I teach (especially the African American stuff), it's great! And congratulations on a really successful year, too. :banana:

Some fantastic authors there! I've not read too much Ginsberg shameful as it is because the whole beat era is something I'm quite fascinated with. Have seen some good exhibits at museums on the times, Ginsberg of course prominently featured.

Some fantastic authors there! I've not read too much Ginsberg shameful as it is because the whole beat era is something I'm quite fascinated with. Have seen some good exhibits at museums on the times, Ginsberg of course prominently featured.

I actually haven't read any Ginsberg. I must say, up until a few years back, I was fairly ignorant of him. The Beat era isn't really given much emphasis in the UK so I'm quite excited to learn about him.

I actually haven't read any Ginsberg. I must say, up until a few years back, I was fairly ignorant of him. The Beat era isn't really given much emphasis in the UK so I'm quite excited to learn about him.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on him. I have some friends who are much older than I and involved in the Beat scene - some great stories and a fascinating time.

Hubby and I just had a wonderful dinner and drinks out with friends, and when we got home, my son announced that he had found our long lost TSRTS cd!!! (it was missing for years!) :cheer::cheer:

Oh, and I'm really happy that my favorite dancer won on So You Think You Can Dance last night!

Let's see, I woke up this morning knowing that my friends and family are happy and healthy.

I bought the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for just 12 dollars, thanks to my 40% off coupon.

It's been a happy day.

Edited by Spalove

I love "The Story of an Hour"! Enjoy your class; it sounds like you'll be covering a wide range of authors. Have fun!

I got really upset this morning, due to family stuff and my sister was there for me, she was there to calm me down and talk. she had said that I had always been there for her and if I saw her like this I won't stand back so niether would she.

Secondly of all, my sister came round to vist me and dad (again due to family issues they don't get on well) so all of us, including Nero (my dog) had lunch outside becuase it was a gorgeous sunny hot day, I cant remember the last time we did that.

Yay!! That's the stuff I teach (especially the African American stuff), it's great! And congratulations on a really successful year, too. :banana:

Ditto to me (when I teach...), except for the African American emphasis. ;)

I'm slightly jealous of your lit courses, LongDistance. I miss college. :(