What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Over Christmas I saw my niece and she looked great. If you remember she was the one who was raped by some asshole and she was a mess. After months in therapy and also a stint in a rehab facility she seems to be doing very well but only time will tell.

On 29/12/2016 at 6:43 AM, zepscoda said:

While driving around this morning my 10 year old  ( soon to be 11 ) asked me to put on Tchaikovsky :stereo:

I can beat that. My 16 yo son has a new obsession - music. And his first two loves are Zeppelin and Floyd! 

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree :)

4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I can beat that. My 16 yo son has a new obsession - music. And his first two loves are Zeppelin and Floyd! 

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree :)

Nice...I school my girls on the stuff I listen too, and they dig some of it. But they also like all that crap that every other 10 and 7 year old girl does...lol...but mine are probably the only ones in their school that can tell you the names of the members of zeppelin,  at least 2 of the singers from sabbath...lol...

On 25/12/2016 at 7:52 AM, Strider said:

You are very welcome, ebk. Mazel tov. L'Chaim!

May all the other packages reach their destinations safely.

Well well. If I thought things couldn't be happier, a gift arrives from the west coast. Never heard of them but I will give it a good listen. Many thanks to a man with a big heart and a truly good person.

xxxxx

On 12/24/2016 at 6:57 AM, ebk said:

I have met the best, most thoughtful friends here.  

Thank you Sean, for the wonderful gift I received today!!  :friends:

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well well. If I thought things couldn't be happier, a gift arrives from the west coast. Never heard of them but I will give it a good listen. Many thanks to a man with a big heart and a truly good person.

xxxxx

As the old saying goes, nice things for nice people! B) 

These past two weeks have been rough. 

The deadlines are insane and the work load is horrific. I even had to work on New Year's Eve and New Year's. 

For 5 straight days, I not only took my work home but worked till 5 AM.

Work was like a 9 AM to 5 AM job! :( 

Anyway, today, I came back home from work at 9 PM. I was exhausted but my day was made, when I found that a package had arrived for me, containing a very special album :D 

I had an Amazon gift card that was just lying around. Glad I put it to good use! B) 

IMG_1442.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Another thing that made me happy was receiving my first pay check. This happened 4 days ago. 

Time to go shopping for music albums! I have so much to buy! :D 

Congratulations, kiwi, that is a huge accomplishment and one that you should be (and no doubt are) very proud of! Don't forget to save a few pennies.  Start early and never stop saving. You won't miss the money and it will provide you with a nice nest egg down the road.  I know you already know that, the mom in me just couldn't resist, hehe. ;) 

7 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Congratulations, kiwi, that is a huge accomplishment and one that you should be (and no doubt are) very proud of! Don't forget to save a few pennies.  Start early and never stop saving. You won't miss the money and it will provide you with a nice nest egg down the road.  I know you already know that, the mom in me just couldn't resist, hehe. ;) 

Awww...Debbie! That is so sweet of you! :friends: 

I know exactly what you mean by the importance of saving up for the future. I have allocated 30% of my pay check to music shopping and 70% of it goes to my savings account! 

13 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Awww...Debbie! That is so sweet of you! :friends: 

I know exactly what you mean by the importance of saving up for the future. I have allocated 30% of my pay check to music shopping and 70% of it goes to my savings account! 

Great news about your pay check Kiwi- assuming you can actually get hold of some Rups ?? Maybe 50/50 saving spending? Have a great weekend?

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Great news about your pay check Kiwi- assuming you can actually get hold of some Rups ?? Maybe 50/50 saving spending? Have a great weekend?

Thank you, CP!! :friends: 

Hehehe! I guess you've heard about India's infamous demonetization drive, then? :P 

My plan is to deposit the check into my account and then, use plastic money! :D 

And CP, thanks for the splendid idea!! I'm going to allocate 50% to spending and 50% to saving. I mean, it's my first time earning a living and I am a huge music lover at heart!

Gosh! I have so many albums to buy, which I put off purchasing for years!! I am just so excited! I can't stand it! :yay: 

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thank you, CP!! :friends: 

Hehehe! I guess you've heard about India's infamous demonetization drive, then? :P 

My plan is to deposit the check into my account and then, use plastic money! :D 

And CP, thanks for the splendid idea!! I'm going to allocate 50% to spending and 50% to saving. I mean, it's my first time earning a living and I am a huge music lover at heart!

Gosh! I have so many albums to buy, which I put off purchasing for years!! I am just so excited! I can't stand it! :yay: 

Don't go crazy buying albums. Since you work, you only have so much time to listen to them. Plus, you have your entire life ahead of you to build your collection. Resist the millenial urge to have EVERYTHING now and worry about paying for it later.

An album or two a week is fine...especially if you can get it at good used prices. I can get a good used Rush album for $4 to $7 around here. Of course, sending it to Bangalore adds significant expense.

I don't know what the normal going rate for music cds and vinyl is in India, or if you prefer to shop online at international sites. Either way, a 50/50 split is a good idea. Good luck, Kiwi.