Why Plant again?

catkind

What a nasty thread :( Robert should do what ROBERT wants. It's sad you can't see that so much of what he's given us music wise has made many people happy. There are a lot of fans out there excited about him touring with Alison. That's fine if you aren't but to be so nasty about it is just wrong.

What a nasty thread :( Robert should do what ROBERT wants. It's sad you can't see that so much of what he's given us music wise has made many people happy. There are a lot of fans out there excited about him touring with Alison. That's fine if you aren't but to be so nasty about it is just wrong.

I hope I didn't come across that way...I certainly did not mean to. Just being facetious.

In fact, Robert owes us NOTHING. He's worked his ass of for decades making great music for all of us to enjoy. Let the man do what he wants in PEACE, FFS!!!

Plant on tour... why he don't listen to the fans and go with Led????

EXACTLY

Because he's too old, rich and talented to do what we tell him.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Plant was always the spoiled rich kid from day 1 so why should he change now ???

Maybe they should call Terry Reid again and see if he's busy !!!

RjK

Boys, I hate to tell ya. Nobody here, and most certainly not Robert, is going to allow you to suckle off anybody's tit so your little asses can live forever in a dreamland which you've created. You have absolutely lost your minds. Grow up for gods sake. Where have you been for the last 20 years? Do you not know what the hell is going on? God, I hate stupid people.

Boys, I hate to tell ya. Nobody here, and most certainly not Robert, is going to allow you to suckle off anybody's tit so your little asses can live forever in a dreamland which you've created. You have absolutely lost your minds. Grow up for gods sake. Where have you been for the last 20 years? Do you not know what the hell is going on? God, I hate stupid people.

Like I stated above--I was being facetious. My apologies for it being taken the wrong way.

Like I stated above--I was being facetious. My apologies for it being taken the wrong way.

I'm sorry, RA. I missed that post in my anger. I've never posted in anger before, even on the old board. It just makes me want to cry to see such unessesary nastiness after such a glorious event as the 02. NOBODY thought this would ever happen ... including Robert himself. And the majority of us Led Zeppelin fans weren't even there. A lot of us have been right here ... experiencing everything together. Wasn't it wonderful?

It doesn't mean its over and done with, necessarily. That door hasn't slammed shut. Robert hasn't said, no way. It ain't happenin'! He's only going on with what he started. Robert and Alison's collaboration was planned way before Led Zeppelin were even approached about the 02. He's got plans with Strange Sensations. All this nastiness certainly isn't going to sway him into the direction of a Zeppelin tour. You can take that to the bank.

Yes its up to them all !! I have never been to a bad solo Robert plant gig...so heres to may !! of course we want more Zep but I think after 27 years of starvation of them, apart from small scraps they have thrown !! I have always wondered whether its the leo in him that stops him, I mean they like to be in charge and of course Zep is Jims baby !!! I know thats sounds wacko but hey its a thought !!

I hope I didn't come across that way...I certainly did not mean to. Just being facetious.

In fact, Robert owes us NOTHING. He's worked his ass of for decades making great music for all of us to enjoy. Let the man do what he wants in PEACE, FFS!!!

No, I didn't take what you said as nasty at all. I was referring to the person who started the thread.

Well i guess the nasty thing is not what i said.... it's what you said right now.... that is wrong!....

I think to many of us listen led zeppelin since the 70s... i grow up listening Led Zeppelin and after that listen Robert Plant, The Honneydrippers, The Firm, Page and Coverdale, etc etc etc....

I just saying what i said on the begining... Plant was always try to don't be Percy again and be himself out of the shadow of Zeppelin, and i thing that is really good.... and i don't think he owes nobody nothing. Led Zeppelin is on the heart of a lot of people.... on that way was my opinion...

That's it!

Firstly, why is everybody so anti Robert? After being on this forum it seems that lots of people see him as for Led Zeppelin what the Grinch is for Christmas.

Yes, Robert may be the reason that Zeppelin may not tour immediately or ever, but he can do what he wants. He has put a lot of time and effort into this Alison Krauss project, so why shouldnt he see it through? He started recording before he knew he'd be playing with Zeppelin and all tour details were probably being discussed ages ago. It would also be a bit rude to Alison to leave her on the back burner whilst he does a money spinning tour with his old band.

It is frustrating that Robert doesnt seem to want to tour, there was an article in Classic Rock Magazine saying that he has pulled the plug on reunion shows/tours as recently as a couple of years ago, but he has had the most succesful solo career, he has a lot to abandon if he does tour again with Zeppelin.

He probably also doenst want Led Zeppelin to become like the Stones, or other bands on the nostalgia circuit, playing the same setlist practically every night solely for the money.

Basically, what I think is that Robert can do WHATEVER he wants, be it touring with Alison Krauss or Strange Sensation or Led Zeppelin as much as Jason, Jimmy and JPJ can do WHATEVER they want, if they want to tour together without Robert. At this stage in their careers they can all take risks, theyre past the stage of doing exactly what the fans want.

Because he's a grown-up, and can do as he pleases?

Robert wanted so badly to break away from the shadow that Zeppelin cast, and had quite a successful solo career, whereas Jimmy and Jonesy...didn't so much. Much of their memorable musical livelihood rests within the span of '68-'80, but Robert has continued to produce music of a good quality throughout the years. So, clearly, he's less worried about returning to what was that period of livelihood for the other two, because his livelihood is in the now (to him, whether or not it is to some fans), doing work with Burnett & Krauss. And Zeppelin was what he did when he was a kid; he's grown up since then, and wants to make a point of it to fans. No harm, no foul as I see it.

These folks are some fans, may I just say. He wants to do what pleases him and everyone gets in a huff over him not pleasing them, because, well, after all, doesn't he owe them? I mean, he was only 1/4 of one of the greatest bands of all-time. He clearly needs to get crackin' on making the people happy. :rolleyes:

I can't believe the overreaction to the story that Robert will be spending (gasp) THE ENTIRE MONTH OF MAY TOURING EUROPE WITH ALLISON KRAUSS! Big deal! Everyone knew before the O2 that they would tour next year. and It's not like they announced 10 months of dates!

Chill out people, no doors have been closed by anyone yet...

Why shouldn't he? And he had already made these plans before. I don't think he would just say to Alison, "See ya!"

Side note: Having said that, as much as I NEED Led Zep to tour, my gut is telling me they just won't. I just can't picture it. Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Mr. Plant was always the spoiled rich kid from day 1 so why should he change now ???

Maybe they should call Terry Reid again and see if he's busy !!!

RjK

Actually, Plant was practically broke when he joined Led Zeppelin.

:( my gut feeling is they also wont tour

me, too! it is not looking good at all for 08. what I am disappointed about is that the Plant/Krauss tour will seem like a consolation prize, next to what could have been a Zep tour. i HATE to say that, but I am just being honest. please don't crucify me for saying that.

me, too! it is not looking good at all for 08. what I am disappointed about is that the Plant/Krauss tour will seem like a consolation prize, next to what could have been a Zep tour. i HATE to say that, but I am just being honest. please don't crucify me for saying that.

im going to see plant n alison but i know all us fans know what we'd prefer!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived