Jimmy Page talks to Rollingstone about Post-O2 Plans

kenticus

I am so, so, so, sick of people blaming Robert that I could just scream sometimes.

I blame Robert for this thread going completely off-topic. Actually, I blame Charles J. White. I too wish everyone would just accept and appreciate the 02 performance for what it is - a courageous artistic triumph and their grand finale. So now, five years later, here's your Celebration Day releases - Merry Freaking Christmas.

Insofar as anything they have done as solo artists since or may do in the future, just take it or leave it according to your tastes but for Chrissakes let them each decide for themselves which musical paths to pursue.

Insofar as anything they have done as solo artists since or may do in the future, just take it or leave it according to your tastes but for Chrissakes let them each decide for themselves which musical paths to pursue.

I totally agree Steve

You could tell Plant has ghosts in the closet from the Zep days. Maybe not over the group itself but over the music industry as a whole from the end of that era. Look at what the industry has done to music today. No wonder why he just wants to continue 'doing his thing'. Probably why 'For Your Life' made it into the setlist. Ahmet was more than a record label owner, he was a visionary and along with Page, Plant,Jones and Grant- they made something happen that was a once in a history thing- purposely. Thats why he says Atlantic WAS the best record label ON THE PLANET.post-23616-0-04764100-1354401549.jpg

I blame Robert for this thread going completely off-topic. Actually, I blame Charles J. White. I too wish everyone would just accept and appreciate the 02 performance for what it is - a courageous artistic triumph and their grand finale. So now, five years later, here's your Celebration Day releases - Merry Freaking Christmas.

I have nothing to be blamed for, I expressed my point of view which some will loathe and others will agree with. This isn't a cult of personality where we all sing off of Father Plant's hymn book despite that some sycophants wish otherwise. There was no opprobrium on my part. Chin up mate!

The best part of the interview is that Page admits that he, Jones, and Bonham were recording rough demo's to be worked on later in the studio. I feel bad for Jason, he quit the Foreigner gig thinking that Zeppelin was taking flight again.

those would be some very, very interesting demos to hear one day. We know Jones didn't use any of them for TCV so obviously he respected the guys enough to not yank those, but very very interesting. For this solo record jimmy wants to do next year, I can't see why he wouldn't utilize Jonesy and lil' bonzo on various tracks, maybe not the whole thing but just in various places. This solo record could be a great place for a "zeppelin" reunion as I feel like he could have the guys guest on various tracks, relieving the burden of doing an entire zeppelin record..........they don't even all have to be on the same track, would just be cool if they all contributed in various places.

I still think jimmy can put out some interesting new material and the idea of guest shots is a good one-he does not appear bitter or upset to me. OT If Robert changed his mind I can see the threads now"It's all about $$$ for these guys"...The above idea is a good solution... I'd also like to hear Page do something acoustic...Not exactly like Band of Joy which I loved but LZ3 type of material...Jimmy can do more than electric guitar...much more..

Archived