How many Zeppelin fans here are under age 30?

JesseNoah

I am curious to know how many forum-ites who are here are under the age of thirty! It seems that a lot of my peers are into more of the classic rock of the 80s, or the music of the 90s, and when it comes to the 70s, its all about Journey or Skynyrd...Zeppelin gots kinda forgotten!

Blasphemy I know...

My own Personal Led Zeppelin story goes something like this: Way back when I was in the 6th grade, our middle school went from 6th through 9th grade, and there was a blonde girl who was older and she was quite the looker, and she had all the features to make a little geeky middle schooler's mouth water!

So one day I was walking up the stairs and BAM! Face first into a chest full of boobies under a Led Zeppelin T shirt! What a great first impression for a band to make huh? Obviously I was super embarrassed but I was more interested in the band Led Zeppelin...What is this band? I was already huge into the Beatles and The Stones, so I naturally went and learned about Led Zeppelin. I hated TSRTS...these guys?!?! dressed like girls?!?! and they dont play the song anything like the record!

I was much too young to be able to appreciate Live Zeppelin, Even though I was really into LZIII and INTOD, it took me a while to really be able to comprehend just exactly what I was hearing...

So I wonder, I am 24, how many younger people are here? Do you find your peers to be less into Zeppelin then you are? And how old where you when you started really getting it?

I am curious to know how many forum-ites who are here are under the age of thirty! It seems that a lot of my peers are into more of the classic rock of the 80s, or the music of the 90s, and when it comes to the 70s, its all about Journey or Skynyrd...Zeppelin gots kinda forgotten!

Blasphemy I know...

My own Personal Led Zeppelin story goes something like this: Way back when I was in the 6th grade, our middle school went from 6th through 9th grade, and there was a blonde girl who was older and she was quite the looker, and she had all the features to make a little geeky middle schooler's mouth water!

So one day I was walking up the stairs and BAM! Face first into a chest full of boobies under a Led Zeppelin T shirt! What a great first impression for a band to make huh? Obviously I was super embarrassed but I was more interested in the band Led Zeppelin...What is this band? I was already huge into the Beatles and The Stones, so I naturally went and learned about Led Zeppelin. I hated TSRTS...these guys?!?! dressed like girls?!?! and they dont play the song anything like the record!

I was much too young to be able to appreciate Live Zeppelin, Even though I was really into LZIII and INTOD, it took me a while to really be able to comprehend just exactly what I was hearing...

So I wonder, I am 24, how many younger people are here? Do you find your peers to be less into Zeppelin then you are? And how old where you when you started really getting it?

I'm 23, so I'm your age^^ I won't tell my whole story cause it's kinda long and exciting, just write me a pm or so if you're interested..But I've seen loads of young people with some kind of Zeppelin gear, be it necklaces or t-shirts..it's quite common these days

Do you have a hard time getting your friends to get into The Zep music?

I play in a Zeppelin tribute band, so my collegues kinda automatically like Zeppelin because of that connection, but other then the get the Led out program on the radio, there isnt really a focus or recognition on Zeppelin. It's more like the radios and the bands play the "filler" classic rock, GnR, ZZ Top type stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also 24, and have been a Zeppelin fan for about eight years. I'm glad to see that there are so many younger fans here. In my experience, many of my friends/peers who are into older music are either Beatles/Stones fanatics, or punk/metal fans - not too many in between. :huh: Of course, I do what I can to spread the gospel of LZ... as I'm sure we all do. :D That's great that you play in a tribute band, Jesse Noah - keep on rockin'. B)

I'll be 15 in a couple weeks. Loved Led Zeppelin since my dad brought the DVD home.

So by this logic (and your signature), you've been a fan since you were five?! That is one of the coolest things I've ever read. If/when I have kids, they will be brought up on a steady diet of Zeppelin - they'll go to sleep to The Rain Song, and wake up to Achilles Last Stand. And they'll thank me for it! ^_^

I'm 18 (turn 19 this year) and I've been a fan for 7 years. Ever since me and my dad were painting the house and he was blasting How The West Was Won I've been a fan and will be one forever! The greatest compliment I get is that I look like Robert Plant because of my hair. That really makes my day!

So by this logic (and your signature), you've been a fan since you were five?! That is one of the coolest things I've ever read. If/when I have kids, they will be brought up on a steady diet of Zeppelin - they'll go to sleep to The Rain Song, and wake up to Achilles Last Stand. And they'll thank me for it! ^_^

Yep, and before it was Zeppelin, it was the Eagles and Pink Floyd. My dad raised me well. :D

I'm 23 and have been an uber fan for a decade now. I first heard and fell in love with them the summer the live DVD and How The West Was Won was released and they instantly became an obsession, I'd never heard anything like them!! My dad actively encouraged this, bought me Dave Lewis' books and took me to see tribute bands.

To celebrate mine and Zep's 10 year 'anniversary' I plan to get the 4 symbols tattooed on the inside of my wrists - I've been promising myself it since I was 13!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm sorry if my present age of 46 doesn't qualify me for the 'under 30' criteria of this thread, but reading through the replies transported my mind right back to when I first heard Led Zeppelin. I was 14 years old. A friend of mine who was several years my senior, knocked on my door one afternoon clutching a small pile of LP records. "I'm leaving home to join the Royal Navy and I thought you'd like to have these records" he said. I thanked him and went straight up to my room and my record player. I had a glance through the pile of records and was at once drawn to a mysterious looking cover which depicted an old man carrying a whole bunch of sticks on his back. When I opened up the gate-fold cover and saw the picture of the hermit standing on top of the rocky outcrop, I was fascinated. The album was, of course, Led Zeppelin IV. I placed the record on the deck and lowered the needle. For the next 45 or so minutes I was utterly astounded. I had never heard anything so amazing! - I can still remember the strange and magical tingle that ran down my spine, when I heard Stairway to Heaven for the very first time. The whole album sounded just so mystical. I became an instant fan to the exclusion of all other music. Every penny from my paper round was spent on more Led Zeppelin. There was never a disappointment. I loved it all and I still do. over the past 32 years since then, I have enjoyed a wide range of music and listened to many different bands but nothing, and I mean- NOTHING- comes even slightly close to Led Zeppelin. They are the greatest band of all time and will always be my favourite. My sincerest gratitude and heart-felt thanks to Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. :D --( P.S. I've just noticed several other threads regarding age and first experiences of Led Zep where I could have posted this. My apologies. I'll leave it here because it is all age related.) :lol:

23 here. I seriously started loving Zep because of OTHAFA and Stairway. THEN the unthinkable happened.

At 12-13 years of age, I heard Ten Years Gone and No Quarter from"Latter Days". Over and over I listened once I discovered them. They still give me goosebumps. THE best.

I found a site named ROOO and got me some torrents, got banned for unknown reason ( :( ) and got them more easily and quickly from other sources, including paying $$$ if absolutely NEEDED.

Zeppelin never ceases to amaze my brain.

15 right here, first full on Zepp experience, I listed to my Dad's beautiful 'Houses of The Holy' Vinyl. Since then, i have the Led Zepp DVD, Song remains DVD, album, HTWWW, Presence CD, and The Vinyls for 3 (the mix didn't sound too good on my copy) 4 (drums intro on 'Misty Mountain Hop' at full blast:D sounds amazing) and Presence. As soon as these box sets (that there's like nothing known about yet!) comes out, I'm buying:)

Archived