Every day brings forth the time
When the sun forgets to shine

Ten million people plan their day

As the sun still burns away
Let it shine on me God
Let it shine baby

-Alvin Lee

RIP Alvin,

It's amazing how many of you are NOW stating how great Alvin was. None of you have ever mentioned his name before now - I have. Look at my posts in regards to favorite/best guitarists, or the "other bands" music threads - I always post stuff featuring Ten Years After & Alvin Lee.

Another name everyone SHOULD mention is Michael Schenker. That's right, most will mention Schenker after it's too late - don't bother.

Anyways...

Alvin, you were one of the very best guitarists that graced this earth - RIP

What a total shock. I bought "Recorded Live" double set when I was 16 after seeing TYA on the Woodstock movie. Still have it and play it. As has been said it wasn't all about "I'm Going Home". I love "Help Me" "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" and "Extension on One Chord" from that album. Funny I used to Google him from time to time to see if was playing gigs.

A good memory for me is that i took the album to a rock disco I used to go to in the 70's. I asked the DJ to play "I'm Going Home". The dancefloor was quite small and people whould sit around it. To my horror I was the only one up, flaying my hair, headbanging and air guitaring. Half way through more people got the groove and at the end people clapped and cheered.

Thanks Alvin

It's amazing how many of you are NOW stating how great Alvin was. None of you have ever mentioned his name before now - I have. Look at my posts in regards to favorite/best guitarists, or the "other bands" music threads - I always post stuff featuring Ten Years After & Alvin Lee.

Another name everyone SHOULD mention is Michael Schenker. That's right, most will mention Schenker after it's too late - don't bother.

Anyways...

Alvin, you were one of the very best guitarists that graced this earth - RIP

Just because someone has not in the past mentioned a particular artist on a Led Zeppelin forum it doesn't mean they are not entitled to express their thoughts and pay tribute to them.

And as for the Michael Schenker comment; Very weird!

Alvin Lee, along with Jon Lord and other musicians who have died recently provided the soundtrack for my adolescence. Not only are their deaths a loss to the music world; they make me feel old. RIP and many thanks for the music.

Archived