The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

A sad day with the passing of the great comedy genius Norm MacDonald.  Norm was a true to the art of stand up comedy. He was always willing to boldly find that line between social politeness and raw unapologetic humor. Even when he didn't get the laugh, he always seemed happy in his own skin to have swung for the fences. Norm was the Ted Williams of stand up comedy. There are few who could play in his league.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, BobDobbs said:

WHAT? I can't believe it! I really liked his acting and he seemed a genuinely nice fellow as well 😞 

RIP Willie

Yeah this is a sad loss. I would like to say my wife was a huge fan of sex in the city. Truth is, I liked the show as well. She certainly led me to the show. He played many great roles, and yes Bob, he seemed like a genuine good dude. I usually don’t get effected by celebrity deaths. I honestly believe that they have been effecting me more lately because it makes me think of my own mortality. When you’re a kid, in your early 30’s late 20’s, death and being old seems so far away. You get to be in your mid 40’s or older and realize if you are lucky, you are on the back 9. Bless all of their families. Time is short, I hope I can learn to appreciate life and people more in the present, and in the future. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Strider said:

R.I.P. Melvin Van Peebles. His filmography wasn't long but its ripples went far and wide.

https://www.military.com/off-duty/movies/2021/09/23/how-air-force-vet-melvin-van-peebles-changed-hollywood-forever.html

mvp1350.jpeg.jpg.3a11eb964d96c30caa25284d1cfee0a6.jpg

Another pioneer gone. Melvin's Sweet Sweetback's Badassss Song is the one that started it all. 

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Joan Howard Maurer, daughter and biographer of comedy icon Moe Howard of The Three Stooges, passed away peacefully on 9/21 at the age of 94.

Loved the Three Stooges and the guy who started it all Ted Healy. Their story is truly an interesting one and Ms. Maurer was an excellent biographer. RIP Ms. Maurer.

• 2 weeks later...