Jimmy Page slandered for occultism in Daily Mail

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

stupid muppets. how on earth would they know what Jimmy Page took part in?? did they hold the candle?? I love how they use big names to simply multiply their sales..god knows how many people will actually believe this..

"Can you smell that?? Sheep's is it, it's cow's..oh no, I know what it is, it's bullshit.."

Hilarious and sad. The concept of free-will as "shallow" and dangerous. I sometimes forget how powerful fear and illusion are and how strongly people (most ? - many ? - society ?) are attached to it.

I saw this article this morning and was thinking of posting it myself. I have to say, It was somewhat incongruous to see Jay-Z and Jimmy Page in the same sentence and Jimmy having a link to Crowley is hardly breaking news.

Not sure if the article is tantamount to slander, but hey.

I don't see how the article slandered Page. It seemed to be an attack on Peaches Geldof.

We have some right-wing garbage newspapers here, such as The New York Post, but even they have basic journalistic standards. I've never seen anything this ridiculous even in the NY Post. I think it's ironic that Britain gave the world great literature, yet has some of the worst newspapers in the world.

We also don't ban any societies here, secret or otherwise, because we have the First Amendment; people are allowed to say what they wilt as long as it's not a direct threat or incitement to violence.

In a way I'm sorry you posted this as it directs traffic to their site, but on the other hand, it made me feel patriotic!

Come on it's The Daily Mail. I wouldn't let the dog wipe it's arse on it. It is the worst excuse for a newspaper. Right wing bigoted garbage

How could you say that about that beacon of high quality balanced journalism that is The Daily Mail!

We have some right-wing garbage newspapers here, such as The New York Post, but even they have basic journalistic standards. I've never seen anything this ridiculous even in the NY Post. I think it's ironic that Britain gave the world great literature, yet has some of the worst newspapers in the world.

Oh yes The Daily Mail is perhaps the worst. I feel really sorry for those who actually shell out the dosh and believe everything it says. File under "pointless"

The Daily Mail certainly seems to be focussing on Jimmy today. On the 'Diary' page, there is an article about Michael Winner's house being sold to a mystery buyer for around £50 million. The DM states that there has been speculation that next door neighbour Jimmy was one of the bidders. Why on earth would Jimmy want to spend £50 million at his time in life to purchase the house next door? Between this, and the article highlighted in the OP, this all smacks of cheap, lazy journalism. Hope Jimmy sues about the occult article. This is all happening even although we have had the Leveson Inquiry which should hopefully have put a stop to the British press hounding celebrities.

I have copied the relevant text below:-

"...There has been speculation that rocker Jimmy Page, the Led Zeppelin guitarist who lives next door, put in a bid, but this can be discounted — though the food critic several times tried to buy Page's Gothic castellated house. Winner took possession of the house in 1978 when it was still flats and spent millions creating an opulent home, complete with swimming pool, cinema and extensive gardens, which he loved.

It was originally his wish that it be taken over by the local council and become a museum, but it declined, saying it couldn't afford to run it.

Meanwhile, his widow Geraldine has had the heart-breaking task of putting many of her late husband's possessions up for sale..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312739/RICHARD-KAY-Mystery-buyer-bids-Michael-Winners-50m-Kensington-mansion.html#ixzz2RCTNxtsX

Who the fuck is Peaches Geldof? She cannot be that big a "star" if most people haven't heard of her. Bob Geldof is a star...Peaches Geldof is not.

Slow news day at the Daily Mail apparently.

Hope Jimmy sues about the occult article.

Interesting article but where exactly is the slander?

It wouldn't technically be slander but libel, as it's in print.

To win a libel case you have to prove that it's wrong - and that it damages your reputation.

I doubt Jimmy would want to go to court to argue about what did or didn't happen - and more to the point nothing in that article could graze his reputation, which is so much bigger than that!

All the same, it's a great excuse for an intimidating lawyers' letter to the Daily Mail, peppered with the word "Leveson". Which is never a bad thing !

99.9 % of readers of that dreadful waste of good timber wouldn't have heard of Jimmy Page. Elaine Page yes

How do you know this? Generalisations of any kind really bug me. The Guardian is a nastier paper than the Mail, it's just less trendy to say so.

How do you know this? Generalisations of any kind really bug me. The Guardian is a nastier paper than the Mail, it's just less trendy to say so.

What that 99.9 % of readers would not have heard of JP or that it's a dreadful bigoted rag? At least The Guardian wouldn't print a story saying "Thousands of pensioners will die in the harshest winter on record"

A phone call to Carter-Ruck would do the trick.

It wouldn't technically be slander but libel, as it's in print.

To win a libel case you have to prove that it's wrong - and that it damages your reputation.

I doubt Jimmy would want to go to court to argue about what did or didn't happen - and more to the point nothing in that article could graze his reputation, which is so much bigger than that!

All the same, it's a great excuse for an intimidating lawyers' letter to the Daily Mail, peppered with the word "Leveson". Which is never a bad thing !

Really? Mind you, this is off topic but I always thought The Guardian was one of the UK's top daily newspapers. It's one of the newspapers I read (The Independent is the other) if I want to get the British take on a topic.

Really? Mind you, this is off topic but I always thought The Guardian was one of the UK's top daily newspapers. It's one of the newspapers I read (The Independent is the other) if I want to get the British take on a topic.

Sorry to still be off-topic (slightly) but will just answer this - you're reading a couple of papers anyway so that's good. I read different papers every day, including The Mail sometimes. There's a huge prejudice against it, but if you have a mind of your own there's no reason why reading something suddenly makes you an idiot who will believe everything that's written. The Guardian is a very left-wing paper and I often find that extreme lefties are far more closed-minded and scathing than the folk they try to be-little. The only newspaper I won't read and find completely abhorrent is The Sun. Cheers.

Archived