2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES - ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS

sam_webmaster

I was quite disappointed to see he would be at Wolf Trap the week I'm in Boston. Then, I saw he'd be in Boston later that week. So after checking in daily at the LiveNation site and Stubhub, I was thinking that row Q, center would be the best I'd get (on SH and not too bad a markup). However, yesterday, LN released row N in the center - so I'm in the 13th row, 13th seat!! Not front row, but not too bad... :D

Can. Not. Wait!!!!!

Yo, ebk!

I'm in Sec 2 Row Y...not far behind ya! Save me a place down front!

You must be so excited!

Yo, ebk!

I'm in Sec 2 Row Y...not far behind ya! Save me a place down front!

You must be so excited!

I am excited! I'm more excited about meeting up with you!!! :)

It'll be a wonderful night!

He played the Shrine last night out here in L.A. A radio station played a live version of Ramble On from a prior Plant/Spaceshifters show and to my ears it sounded god awful. He sings so "safe" now, this stripped down/tuned down versions of Zep tracks just don't work IMO. Singing his way now is definitely easier on his voice, but I feel he's strayed to far. It's his deal, I get that, but IMO it just doesn't come of well and actually highlights his shortcomings in his voice when he slows these tracks down too low. Oh well, my .02....

That doesn't matter. Why shouldn't you go to the concert?

Have you ever been to Brooklyn? It's a far different place than North Carolina - no matter what part of the state you reside in. But then again, of course you know already by evidence of your previous posts.

Have you ever been to Brooklyn? It's a far different place than North Carolina - no matter what part of the state you reside in. But then again, of course you know already by evidence of your previous posts.

I don't understand how that matters.

I can't seem to find myself in the photo. I believe I am behind(right in front of) Robert.

Great concert!

Yep, same here. Because we were directly in line with Robert Plant, from behind the stage we are blocked by him in the photo.

I friend of mine lived in a very nice and relatively safe Brooklyn neighborhood called Cobble Hill. His apartment was robbed 3 times in less than a year. I've seen some very very bad places in Brooklyn. As far as tough neighborhoods go in NYC, none of the other boroughs compare. I just did a quick search on the crime rate there and found this :

" For Brooklyn, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included forcible rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Brooklyn is one in 159."

All that being said, I've had some geart times in Brooklyn, had some of the best Polish food I've ever eaten in Greenpoint and have drank countless pints of Brooklyn Brown with some of the coolest people I have ever known.......not to mention that Brooklyn has the best view of the city.

• 2 weeks later...

In anticipation of the impending shows in Colorado, Kentucky, Atlanta and elsewhere, there was this article in Billboard yesterday(and syndicated across the land).

Robert Plant Rearranges Led Zeppelin Songs for the Road

http://m.billboard.com/articles/news/1569389/robert-plant-rearranges-led-zeppelin-songs-for-the-road

As for the Los Angeles producer Robert Plant coyly refuses to name, I can only hope that it is musician/producer extraordinaire, Jon Brion.

Alas, from the thread below it appears it's Daniel Lanois.

^^GREAT interview! Thanks for posting Sam. :)

Justfred,call me optimistic, but I can always have faith that Jimmy will do SOMETHING..one of these days :smiley_pray:

:peace:

Jimmy seems to show up every where

^^GREAT interview! Thanks for posting Sam. :)

Justfred,call me optimistic, but I can always have faith that Jimmy will do SOMETHING..one of these days :smiley_pray:

:peace:

Well, Jimmy did pinch a loaf this morning. That's doing something. :P

Jimmy seems to show up every where

That's because he's got plenty of time as he ain't doing anything.

What do you mean?

Steady, man...steady.

Okay so what are Plant's upcoming plans? Raising Sand 2 or an album with the Sensational Space Shifters? Honestly, I'd prefer Raising Sand 2.

Didn't he say a while back that he's not really in contact with Alison anymore? I seem to remember some awkward comments from him about it. He hasn't hinted at any Raising Sand followup (to my knowledge anyway)

Presumably the Sensational Space Shifters album is the one that was recorded? I know that the band members' solo albums have been put on hold, so I reckon that something from them is in the works, along with the Buddy Miller collaboration album.

Archived