Robert's attitude

First it was the way he trew down the mic at the very end of the concert that I saw, and it sort of shocked me. Then I saw him kick something off the stage wildly, towards the second part of Kashmir. The strange is that he's never been like that on stage... in the old days he was usually begging fans to stop using firecrackers and stop acting foolishly etc.

Is it only me, or others (preferably those attending the gig) also noticed his slightly strange attitude?

I haven't seen the clips and I wasn't there.

But one reason for a person to do this would be if they were absolutely disgusted with the show.

Perhaps he felt like he was living out a lie (doing the show) and at the end, when he finally could release tension, he spiked the microphone.

He said it himself when he discussed the thousands of emotions everyone was going through. Maybe on of his emotions was rejection and disdain.

But then again, maybe he has doing a celebration dance to the kickass show he performed...

Somebody ask him.

First it was the way he trew down the mic at the very end of the concert that I saw, and it sort of shocked me. Then I saw him kick something off the stage wildly, towards the second part of Kashmir. The strange is that he's never been like that on stage... in the old days he was usually begging fans to stop using firecrackers and stop acting foolishly etc.

Is it only me, or others (preferably those attending the gig) also noticed his slightly strange attitude?

I presume you are referring to the O2 concert. If so, he gently kicked a beach ball off the stage. You make it sound as if he was on a rampage all night. Were you drinking

that night? Now?

Back in 2003 at a Strange Sensation gig in Happsalu, Estonia he whacked a security guard on the head with a microphone for taking away a massive led zeppelin banner from a fan. That was funny! May be he just got more aggressive with age :-) Hey, it's rock'n'roll.

I presume you are referring to the O2 concert. If so, he gently kicked a beach ball off the stage. You make it sound as if he was on a rampage all night. Were you drinking

that night? Now?

Ooh, I was just stopped by 'flood control' on the forum, exciting...

Anyway I think the reference is to the moment when Robert kicked something off stage during Kashmir. But that thing, whatever it was, was right behind Page and he didn't see it so it seemed to me like he was just kicking shit out of the way.

And the throwing of the mic was cool to say the least.

that night? Now?

You presume correctly, as I posted the topic under "O2 Arena Concert, London". :)

As to my drinking habits, I barely think they can do anything with Robert's actions on stage. I wasn't there on the first place, so I started this thread after having seen several times those clips on YouTube. As you may observe if you give a careful look to what I posted, I didn't state he was aggressive, I was just asking whether there were others as well who noticed that he was behaving differently than he used to. In my opinion that's far from a gentle kick and the throwing of the mic is definitely a very strange gesture and completely unlike Robert. Hm?

I didn't get ANY negative impression at all. No anger, no smashing ... I don't even know where your getting that from. Here's the clip:

Right about 4:15 he just tosses the mic to the side and then casually goes over and kicks the ball off stage (he did play soccer, afterall)

I love it when Jimmy kisses his guitar and Jason bows :notworthy: to the other three.

I loved watching this whole scene play out.

Hey, Wolfman. Is this the ball that you caught?

I didn't get ANY negative impression at all. No anger, no smashing ... I don't even know where your getting that from. Here's the clip:

Right about 4:15 he just tosses the mic to the side and then casually goes over and kicks the ball off stage (he did play soccer, afterall)

I love it when Jimmy kisses his guitar and Jason bows :notworthy: to the other three.

:rolleyes: I guess my popularity index suffered a fall amongst a few board members...

No, it was actually something else he kicked off the stage during Kashmir - you didn't read my post carefully. As for the mic - I didn't say he was tossing it agressively, but it's certainly something he never did during the Zep-era, as far as video coverage can proove it.

he saw that Jimmy was concentrating on playing so he kicked the thing off the stage so that his band mate wouldn't trip over it ........obviously

roberts attitude was robert's....having said that, i remember how he finished the show with song, and the last "lonely lonely....." was done a touch petulantly, or it seemed to me ...don't look too deep into the microphone thing

:rolleyes: I guess my popularity index suffered a fall amongst a few board members...

No, it was actually something else he kicked off the stage during Kashmir - you didn't read my post carefully. As for the mic - I didn't say he was tossing it agressively, but it's certainly something he never did during the Zep-era, as far as video coverage can proove it.

He kicked a hat off the stage, it was right behind Jimmy and he probably saw that Jimmy could have backed up on it and tripped or fallen.. Just one mate looking after the other.

He kicked a hat off the stage, it was right behind Jimmy and he probably saw that Jimmy could have backed up on it and tripped or fallen.. Just one mate looking after the other.

So his "attitude" was neither fierce nor nervous, as the thread title implies.

It's almost, but not quite amusing how people read into his every word and deed. More

often than not, incorrectly so.

Edited by SteveAJones

that night? Now?

im pretty sure it was a hat someone threw on stage that landed behind page. im sure robert kicked it off so jimmy wouldnt slip on it and hurt himself since jimmy didnt see it back there. as for the mic slam, i didnt see that yet. just my opinion on the incident.

I've seen him like that before.

Video didn't catch everything; he can get passionate sometimes about things.

Hey- Thanks for pointing out Jason's bow to the 3 originals. I had checked out that clip earlier, but must have quit watching before that truly moving moment! What a class act he is! Gave me the chills watching the second time... God knows I wish I had been there!!

I do; he's always been that way. Reminds me of my cat; he purrs for awhile and then, make way for the wild cat.

yes :wub::wub::wub:

he saw that Jimmy was concentrating on playing so he kicked the thing off the stage so that his band mate wouldn't trip over it ........obviously

ddot, could you please shrink the size of your lovely sig photo?

The way he dropped the mic was awesome. No final (verbal) goodbyes, just drops the mic, and they leave. I thought it was cool.

That's kind of the way I thought it was too....kind of a "I left it all out on the stage this night" type of thing.

I remember watching Robert at a Stange Sensation concert in 2005 in Dallas, Tx. Some groupie, or fan, threw a bra and higheels on the stage and he grabbed them and took off with them across the stage. It was f***in hilarious. He was great that night like always! The mic and hat thing is just Robert being Robert! He can do what he feels like doing because he works the stage like no other frontman ever has. Lighten up, he was having a great time!

Edited by MightyZep