Demand Unprecedented in the History of Rock: 15,000 Posts

SteveAJones

If only to mark the occasion of my 15,000th post, I thought I'd break character for a moment to say thank you to the present and past forum membership for making my visits here so entertaining and on occasion particularly intriguing.

We've covered a lot of ground together over the past six years, and next year is shaping up to be a real barn burner with a plethora of new official and unofficial releases on the horizon. It's been said that there ain't no party like an Ahmet party, 'cause an Ahmet party never stops. Truly, it really is

a great life, this life of music.

Special thanks to Sam for the electric magic, Planet Page for PMs that make me weep, blocoboy for the '60s era solo discoveries, kenog for the news I can use, Roger Berlin for sharing his collection, DeborahJ for being such a good-natured freak, cookieshoes for chronicling the public appearances, ally for the encouragement, knebby for her contributions, TypeO for keeping it real, nirvana for the tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, markbowman for the photos, and the many active members I have neglected to mention or not already placed on permanent ignore.

Ever onward!

SAJ,

Congrats on this milestone in your online career!!! Thanks for the mention! I think it is fair to say that you have made the most outstanding contribution to this site. The place would be so much poorer without you.

You are always informative, choosing to share the contents of your amazing LZ archives selflessly with everyone here. You bring your own brand of dry humour.

Lang may yer lum reek (Scottish for 'Long May Your Chimney Smoke') Or even more simply :you_rock:

If only to mark the occasion of my 15,000th post, I thought I'd break character for a moment to say thank you to the present and past forum membership for making my visits here so entertaining and on occasion particularly intriguing.

We've covered a lot of ground together over the past six years, and next year is shaping up to be a real barn burner with a plethora of new official and unofficial releases on the horizon. It's been said that there ain't no party like an Ahmet party, 'cause an Ahmet party never stops. Truly, it really is

Special thanks to Sam for the electric magic, Planet Page for PMs that make me weep, blocoboy for the '60s era solo discoveries, kenog for the news I can use, Roger Berlin for sharing his collection, DeborahJ for being such a good-natured freak, cookieshoes for chronicling the public appearances, ally for the encouragement, knebby for her contributions, TypeO for keeping it real, nirvana for the tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, markbowman for the photos, and the many active members I have neglected to mention or not already placed on permanent ignore.

Ever onward!

If I knew it the milestone was near,, I would have taken the day off, Steve.

You're one of the main reasons I tune in every day.

Looking forward to your next 15,000 posts.Congrats!

Ever onward!

Hey Steve-

Major milestone here..... your contributions are legendary on this board and have been a special source of joy and great information for me personally.... Your encouragement of my photography helped to kick start a website & Facebook site and get them "out of attic storage".... It's been really fun to re-engage and pull some of this stuff out and share with the good folks of this Forum....

You are a major reason why this site is so successful and your time and efforts are appreciated by many.....

THANK YOU SIR! (Here's wishing for another 15,000+)

Sincerely,

Mark

Ever onward!

:yourock::hurrah::goodpost::wave:

SAJ,

Congrats on this milestone in your online career!!! Thanks for the mention! I think it is fair to say that you have made the most outstanding contribution to this site. The place would be so much poorer without you.

You are always informative, choosing to share the contents of your amazing LZ archives selflessly with everyone here. You bring your own brand of dry humour.

Lang may yer lum reek (Scottish for 'Long May Your Chimney Smoke') Or even more simply :you_rock:

+1

SAJ I always marvel at your musical information, Zep related and other bands we are both interested in. Thank you for passing along your knowledge and vast collection of archives.

:thumbsup:

Congrats Steve! I rarely post, but when I do, it's usually on my easily favorite thread on this board: Led Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted By Steve A Jones. Your knowledgeable insight into my all time, there's not even a close second, favorite band is a reason I keep coming back to this great Forum! May you always have great passion and thirst for continued minutia on our favorite band!

Good job Steve.. I try to be a quality over quantity poster.. and often fail.. But I try to not post crap just to drive up my post count.

You've managed to always have content that is both quality and quantity... I don't always agree with you (Eric Clapton still bores me to tears) but I truly have a lot of respect for your passion, knowledge, ability to research and commitment to this forum.

Congrats.

Chris

Steve -

Wow, what an honor!

As many have already mentioned, your contribution to this board is incalculable.

And on a personal note, your humor and politics are always entertaining, and you have an unwavering knack for cutting to the very essence of an issue.

I'm honored to count you as a forum friend, and wish you all the best.

Here's to the next 15K!

TypeO for keeping it real
*Hands on hips*
It's... what I do.
LOL

Ever onward!

SAJ, nice to see you break character.15,000 post...you really need to get a life :D We are so happy to entertain you while you remain intriguing ( You were the one who said you were an enigma!) We have truly covered so much ground here. Thanks to you, we all know just about every time the band left for flight, if the flight was on time, checked into a hotel, what floor they were on...

Seriously Steve, Congratulations on 15,000 post. :bravo: You have been a wealth of knowledge about this band. And I so agree that this life of music is a great life. I am glad we get to share this together my friend. Looking forward to another year!

And since I know you are a fan of Slash, for you :peace:

^^ You know I had to do It

Steve ...15000? Admittedly a number like that is often enough insignificant as such, but in your case I'd say it's as good an opportunity as any to say that you've contributed a lot to the forums that I really appreciate ... At some points we may have argued a little, and while that fact is perhaps no mere accident, it's entirely irrelevant to the very real contribution you've made. So thanks!

SAJ; along with so many fans here, I feel honoured and privliged to be your fellow fan of the Timeless Iconic Led Zeppelin. Thank you forever for inspiring me to gain knowledge about these culturally influential musicians. I believe everything happens for a reason, and you are important part of this cultural journey that remains eternally beautiful to me...

...SAJ, among many fans here, I certainly will contribute more here soon...it's just so that time has been unusually scarce.

.... I wish you the very best of health, happiness, and above all peace and content....

:notworthy:

Congratulations on the 15,000 mark! Your knowledge and contribution to this forum is an essential component in the on going education for fans world wide. As generations pass, the music and mystery of Led Zeppelin will continue to be analyzed, studied, and held in the highest.

Archived