Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Reggie29

This is a complete mystery.

How could a modern passenger jet vanish without a trace?

Half the South Asia Pacific nations are involved in the search and still more questions than answers.

Terrorist act or "other" accident?

Usually if it's an act of terrorism they tend to brag about it, as yet no-one has claimed responsibility.

this is not always true. that egypt plane that went down some years back was just one guy . also there is talk that it could have been a "test" or "trial". to see if their plan works . and if it does to use it in the future on a larger scale or more intended targets.

Usually if it's an act of terrorism they tend to brag about it, as yet no-one has claimed responsibility.

Yeah Al-Queda and other crap like that, they usually do. But, such as those "men" in Boston, it could be loners with something to prove, or as JP said, something purposely kept quiet for further sinister purposes. I just wish they'd find some evidence of the plane, the poor families of the deceased need at the very least, closure.

Fact: The plane had stopped sending identifying transponder codes before it disappeared.

Analysis: "Given that this airplane has so many redundant electrical systems on it, my first reaction would be that somebody...purposely turned it off," said John Goglia, a former U.S. National Transportation Safety Board member. "A pilot would not do that. Somebody that didn't want to be seen very well would do that."

John Ransom, a retired commercial pilot and safety consultant, said the situation sounds fishy.

"This was a fairly modern airplane with a bunch of capability to communicate with the outside world. A lot of data transmissions from the airplane," he said. "For them to all stop at the same time would take the work of somebody who has actually studied the systems in some detail to know how to turn off all of the systems at the same time."

Turning off a transponder is a "deliberate process," said Peter Goelz, a former NTSB managing director.

"If someone did that in the cockpit," he said, "they were doing it to disguise the route of the plane."

Was someone unauthorized inside the cockpit, ordering the transponders to be turned off and the plane to be turned around? Or, he said, "Did one of the pilots do it themselves?"

If I rread it correctly, the article I read over the weekend stated that two names on the passenger list were not on board the plane but their stolen passports were used, so whomever used those passports are the likely culprits.

If I rread it correctly, the article I read over the weekend stated that two names on the passenger list were not on board the plane but their stolen passports were used, so whomever used those passports are the likely culprits.

Apparently not. They were Iranian seeking asylum. But using stolen passports in Asia is a long in the tooth scam. Passports are easily sold in Malaysia for cash. They are generally stolen in Thailand where there are more tourists and smuggled across the border.

Apparently not. They were Iranian seeking asylum. But using stolen passports in Asia is a long in the tooth scam. Passports are easily sold in Malaysia for cash. They are generally stolen in Thailand where there are more tourists and smuggled across the border.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the additional info and cultural context. I hope Jimmy Page keeps a firm grip on his passport when he travels there.

I pulled this info off of yahoo.......

Edit to provide link:

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-military-missing-jet-changed-course-200731719.html?vp=1

Right, but the Chief of the Malaysian Air Force is now saying he was misquoted about the plane being tracked over the Strait of Malacca. If it wasn't - and at this point who knows for certain anymore - it should put the search effort back onto it's known flight path.

I heard someone interviewed today that supposily has a lot of experience and he said he was wondering if they have more info that they are not telling people,sure is a mystery though

the pilot had previously allowed some passengers in the cockpit . from what i saw so far it was mostly women he probably found attractive.

if it is terrorism it seems to well planned for it to be some people who took advantage of the pilot allowing people to go up there with him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-probing-report-2-women-visited-pilot-in-cockpit-in-2011/

Archived