led zeppelin 2014 reunion?

do you think jimmy, robert, jason, and john will reunite in 2014? i hope they do!

Its always nice to dream about such an event, but I would say that ship sailed long ago. Its just not realistic to expect the average 70 year old man to gear up for something like that, not to mention Robert's firm stance on the issue. Enjoy the new Deluxe Editions and be happy. Welcome to the board, by the way.

New member....what does everyone expect him to ask? No need to be sarcastic. No, it does not look likely that we will ever see what we saw on Celebration Day happen again. Everyone is doing their own projects, as well as their own ways of aging. Welcome to the forum JimmyandEddie, plenty to look through and always plenty to say :)

We can see Plant,we can see jones, but what we really want see is Jimmy up there doing what he does best! I did ask him when I met him and it was a maybe, that's better than a no ;) but it is jimmy and he was never one to lay it out for everyone

On an age note, I did see honey boy Edwards play at 92! Maybe an acoustic gig would be the way to go, after all, most of the zep riffs we know and love we're written unplugged!

do you think jimmy, robert, jason, and john will reunite in 2014? i hope they do!

Yup. They are going to be the opening act for Justin Bieber's new tour. Should be announced sometime next week.

Its always nice to dream about such an event, but I would say that ship sailed long ago. Its just not realistic to expect the average 70 year old man to gear up for something like that, not to mention Robert's firm stance on the issue. Enjoy the new Deluxe Editions and be happy. Welcome to the board, by the way.

Right on, Dark Lord. Robert did a 75% Zeppelin playlist on his last tour, so we're not missing out much. He still sounds like Robert Plant, almost 70 or only 30, his voice resonates despite all the years of smoking!

just a gentle reminder that you would have found just as many naysayers in 2006.

Agreed. I have said that myself on occasion, and that is why I have never fully let the flame of hope die, but in the world of probability and statistics, we all must face the fact that anything of any scale or magnitude is highly unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Ye of little faith. Every member of Fleetwood Mac is pushing 70 and they are getting ready to do it. Its not Jimmy's age that is the issue . I think he would still be up for it. After reading all the interviews I am going to have to agree that its Robert Plant that does not want to do it. Read an article some where that everyone in 09 wanted to except for Plant.

I wish the three of them would get back together and record new material. RP doesn't seem interested in singing hard rock, so maybe they could do something acoustic like folk or roots music. JP also likes or liked folk. I'm not sure about JPJ but he can play anything and is great at arrangement.

I think an album of British folk or folk rock from them would be great even if it's not loud rock like "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You."

A friend of mine who is a close friend of Joe Bonnamassa told me that a 5 continent world tour is planned for 2015.

Apparently Joe "heard it from the horses mouth"!?

I don't think it will happen.

A friend of mine who is a close friend of Joe Bonnamassa told me that a 5 continent world tour is planned for 2015.

Apparently Joe "heard it from the horses mouth"!?

I don't think it will happen.

Apparently Michael Evis, the guy who runs the biggest corporate festival in Europe ( Glastonbury aka Bath Festival as was) mentioned that he would love to see Zepp headline the main stage and he was pretty certain he could get them to do it.Highly unlikely, though not as unlikely as scoring a ticket

• 2 weeks later...

Archived