DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

22 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Yes the holy weed, the Icius-Stickius, the old Chronic. Lucky for me I do not have that issue as my job is quite stressful and a wee toke around 6pm does this body good. I do not smoke to get stoned or wasted, more just to mellow out and forget the daily bullshit otherwise, my mind races. It really is a godsend in my case as I do not like opioids, absolutely hate that disconnected, weird feeling they bring on. Can no longer drink to any degree as more than one, maybe two drinks is my limit, otherwise instant hangover, no buzz, plus, at 53 I do not wish to damage my mortal frame any more than I have to. So in that case it is a miracle. It really gives me that peaceful easy feeling, like an old Eagles song with a hot cup of Tweek Coffee, it's like a warm summers da...whoops, a bit distracted there. I rarely do edibles as the Ph of my stomach either neutralizes the affect or amplifies it so much I am both flying and couch-locked. No edibles for this hombre.

Anyway, it works for me 🙂 

Yep, and I’m jealous! I used to smoke, and smoke a lot, for the wrong reasons for sure. I had my dealings with opioids. Had a serious back injury from lifting. And on the stress I have some of that, I’m a small business owner here in California. I’m in the electrical industry. I would like something to slow my mind down, or at least be able to relax with the wife and have some mellow fun. But this new stuff is so much more powerful than what we or I grew up on. I’m old enough to remember when it was hard to get anything other than brown weed. Drinking isn’t my thing as well, I don’t like something that I couldn’t wash my face and drink some water and be okay. Not that I don’t have a few every once and a while. But I have a few buddies that say it’s just about finding the right kind. 

Cheers to you this weekend, hope you have a good one. Stay safe out there. Don’t let the Pillow Dr. or Mr Alex Jones PHD corrupt your mind with all of their truths and alternative facts! 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a member of this forum longer than I have been on the book of the face. I was cajoled for years and years by people for not having a facebook page. I finally gave in around 2014 or so, but I still prefer coming here. And now all of Facebook is down while the Led Zeppelin Forum is still up. Take that, Zuckerburg!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/04/technology/facebook-down.html

Not particularly deep but since the random thoughts thread bit the dust, this is the most suitable place.

Today marks the 150th anniversary of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, which raged from October 8 to October 10. At least we can stop blaming Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/don-t-blame-mrs-o-leary-s-cow-for-the-great-chicago-fire/ar-AAPfKCq

chicago-fire-photo.jpg.a4fdbb6c412e3558984c4551e5110975.jpg

615c694be01bb.image.jpg.167128d318e311430a887649c1e00421.jpg

1000.jpeg.2a40c6809c4495c37b1b94ac46b6ccef.jpeg

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Well, low expectations are still expectations. Whatever floats yer boat bud 😉 

I mean, how fucking low can one's expectations be at this point?
Only fucking lower.

Let's go!

Edited by jabe

1 hour ago, jabe said:

I mean, how fucking low can one's expectations be at this point?
Only fucking lower.

Let's go!

Just remember something, as bad, weird, not to your liking etc. you believe this world or country is right now, we are still better off than most people on this planet. Living in a time of incredible convenience, ease, and opulence the world has never seen. Shit, the homeless have it better than 80% of London during the 1880's.

Sure, life ain't fair, usually not living up to the ol' expectations but damn it, we are incredibly lucky to be alive right now vs. 1930, or 1730, or you pretty much name it. As much as we all bitch and moan, the fact is we all have it pretty damn good.

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

GOTTA GET ME ONE....

Capture.JPG

I tell ya, you folk sure love that merch, especially the real nasssty stuff. I do not recall ever seeing a "F Trump" shirt or otherwise back when even though I live in a liberal, hippy-head town in the pines. For a bunch of righteous folk you sure love your colorful explicatives.

Well you know what they say, if you can't fascinate em with facts, baffle em with bullshit.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:23 PM, BobDobbs said:

I tell ya, you folk sure love that merch, especially the real nasssty stuff. I do not recall ever seeing a "F Trump" shirt or otherwise back when even though I live in a liberal, hippy-head town in the pines. For a bunch of righteous folk you sure love your colorful explicatives.

Well you know what they say, if you can't fascinate em with facts, baffle em with bullshit.

Maybe your need to open your eyes or take off the liberal glasses:

il_794xN.2388865220_q6gf.jpg

il_794xN.2463158332_93ge.jpg

il_794xN.2490782402_5k0b.jpg

And where is Pelosi and the calls from the left to have Biden removed from office under the 25th for being incompetent to hold office?  At least trump knew where he was when he spoke and was capable of putting together a coherent sentence (unlike the current POTUS):

Copied 

Although House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed earlier this month that President Trump is “in an altered state right now,” she is the one who appears to be in an “altered state” if she thinks she can use congressional authority under the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

It seems that having failed to remove Trump through the impeachment process, Democrats led by Pelosi now want to try a different method.

>>> Pelosi’s Trump-Obsessed Plan for the 25th Amendment Distorts the Constitution

Get exclusive insider information from Heritage experts delivered straight to your inbox each week. Subscribe to The Agenda >>

Pelosi claims that new legislation she is backing, which would give a congressional commission authority to determine if a president is incapable in its “opinion” of carrying out his duties, is “not about President Trump.”

No, this “legislation applies to future presidents,” Pelosi said, although she added that she is taking this action because of the “health of the current president.”

That is a revealing comment since, despite Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis, there is no evidence that he has been physically or mentally disabled from carrying out his duties. The issue here is that Pelosi and her Democratic colleagues don’t like the way Trump is carrying out those duties.

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Maybe your need to open your eyes or take off the liberal glasses:

il_794xN.2388865220_q6gf.jpg

il_794xN.2463158332_93ge.jpg

il_794xN.2490782402_5k0b.jpg

I guess you missed the whole, " I do not recall ever seeing a "F Trump" shirt or otherwise back when even though I live in a liberal, hippy-head town in the pines." part of my post. However, I will expound that I never saw such merch anywhere during my travels as well. Just because some knuckleheads made it does not mean people wore them in public, or at least not very many.

OK, wrote most of this in the Covid thread, but moved it before posting as it seems more suited here......

*this is NOT anything to do with my previous post.

I can't help but to wonder how the "next phase" is going to work out here. QLD. We have had almost zero cases per day. The times when we got a few, it kinda just fell back to "yeah, nah, yeah, all good mate" - and there is NO logical explanation or theory I have seen that offers a good explanation of this. Brissie is Covid free being a fairly significant city. By no means the rat races that Sydney and Melbourne are, but not insignificant. Yet Sydney, and more specifically Melbourne are RIFE with cases per day - Melbourne between 1500 and 2000 per day at the moment. Brissie - usually NIL. (there is a good deal of transport/commute between these cities, it's not like Brisbane is an island)

Hobart is a MUCH smaller city, but compact, and south of Melbourne with a cooler climate, so I am guessing the colder climate is not the driving differential. Indeed, Perth, Alice Springs, Adelaide, all pretty healthy. Sydney and Melbourne though, damn....

So when we "learn to live with Covid" in a month or so and open up to both domestic and international travel, it will be very interesting to how Queenslanders cope with the all of a sudden NOT zero case loads. We haven't had much protest here at all (QLD) possibly because we have not been tested as have our southern state cities with their case counts and lockdowns. I can't wait for things to open up just for the fact that my interstate work mates are absolutely drained from the lockdowns. I don't blame them. It's a fucking terrible thing to put life on hold - 2 fucking years in Melbourne!!!! That's FUCKED UP (necessary or not).

I just wonder about the mental adjustment we will have to make here.

Everyone is more free to travel. Yay! There will be cases. It will spread. I think eventually in our lifetimes we will all encounter this shit-cunt virus - or close to all. Steve said VERY early on we'd all end up having to "live with the virus" - and at the time I thought that was harsh. Turns out that was very insightful.

The overwhelming majority of us who "go through it" will not skip a beat. No real impact. But those that suffer and those that perish....

I worry a great deal about my parents. I guess that is most peoples first instinct. Self, immediate family, extended family, tribe/community, country, - and so the circle expands, but family FIRST.

This is the thing I think about the most with Covid - and maybe this belongs in the deep thinking about thread - but this really seems to come down to a individual vs collective priority argument and the incredibly complex nuance of that concept. That - and the fact that incredibly complex and important issues are sadly over-governed by how we choose to be politically informed. What we choose to digest and adopt as reality from a political standpoint and how that can be strength or poison. Adopt the position of your tribe always - and you will be dead wrong a LOT more often than if you choose to think critically. This left right bullshit is so laughable and toxic.

I'll end it there as I do not wish to invoke Sam's rage and aside, I really am not trying to make any political point. Just wondering out loud what is next in terms of Covid and thought I'd share....

I hope y'all are as healthy and as happy as your circumstance and will permit - and continue to be.

Cheers.

And where is Pelosi and the calls from the left to have Biden removed from office under the 25th for being incompetent to hold office?  At least trump knew where he was when he spoke and was capable of putting together a coherent sentence (unlike the current POTUS):

Where in the covfefe did you get that idea ?  Stick with the new company lines....dementia & stealing Christmas.  If he starts humping his corvette's fender like the last guy did flags, I'll start to worry.  Besides that, see you in three years.  And if he doesn't make it to the end, it just gets better for you doesn't it ?

On 10/18/2021 at 5:29 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Copied 

:hysterical:

Oh man, now THIS is funny.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, BobDobbs said:

Just remember something, as bad, weird, not to your liking etc. you believe this world or country is right now, we are still better off than most people on this planet. Living in a time of incredible convenience, ease, and opulence the world has never seen. Shit, the homeless have it better than 80% of London during the 1880's.

Sure, life ain't fair, usually not living up to the ol' expectations but damn it, we are incredibly lucky to be alive right now vs. 1930, or 1730, or you pretty much name it. As much as we all bitch and moan, the fact is we all have it pretty damn good.

In other words, suck it up buttercup.  Tell that to the folks who are going to freeze their butts off this winter with exploding fuel/gas prices and shortages courtesy of our "shut down Keystone" potus.

Propane Market Headed for ‘Armageddon’ in U.S. This Winter: IHS - Bloomberg

Edited by cryingbluerain

2 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

In other words, suck it up buttercup.  Tell that to the folks who are going to freeze their butts off this winter with exploding fuel/gas prices and shortages courtesy of our "shut down Keystone" potus.

Propane Market Headed for ‘Armageddon’ in U.S. This Winter: IHS - Bloomberg

First, fuel prices are set by a panel of global fundamentalists. As long as the US allows our oil, our natural gas, etc. to be first sold on the world market, then re-sold back to us at an inflated rate we will have these issues. Second, they Keystone pipeline (also known as Mr. Leaky) was a joke to begin with. Both rail & trucking took care of the delivery to refineries in the gulf far, far more safely than an un-monitored pipeline ever could. Now for the shortages, well, you can blame that one on OPEC for reducing supply to bolster prices. Again, nothing the US, Biden, or anyone could do without Nationalizing the US oil & natural gas production.

Sorry bud, but this is exactly the price you pay for an unregulated free market, You wanted it, you got it. Suck it up buttercup.

6 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

First, fuel prices are set by a panel of global fundamentalists. As long as the US allows our oil, our natural gas, etc. to be first sold on the world market, then re-sold back to us at an inflated rate we will have these issues. Second, they Keystone pipeline (also known as Mr. Leaky) was a joke to begin with. Both rail & trucking took care of the delivery to refineries in the gulf far, far more safely than an un-monitored pipeline ever could. Now for the shortages, well, you can blame that one on OPEC for reducing supply to bolster prices. Again, nothing the US, Biden, or anyone could do without Nationalizing the US oil & natural gas production.

Sorry bud, but this is exactly the price you pay for an unregulated free market, You wanted it, you got it. Suck it up buttercup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dobbo, which I may well be. But...
Hasn't domestic production of oil dropped in the U.S. from 13-1/2 million barrels a day to around 11 to 11-1/2 
million barrels a day since Brandon took the reins?
I believe I read the Keystone oil transport via pipeline would be more cost effecient and safer than rail, which again, correct me if I'm wrong, is controlled (rail) by Warren Buffet, well known stud of the billionaire class and registered democrat.

Speak honestly. Would consumable fuels be at these current highs if Brandon was still hangin' in his basement?

Petrol prices have hit record highs here now. News reports say it ain't over by a long shot as the OPEC cunts have drastically cut production while a lot of countries re-open and start moving again. Looks like they just want to make up for lost billions in recent times. 🤬

Supply and demand baby.... It's a real fucker when a commodity is controlled by an OPEC type structure.