DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

• 2 weeks later...

The state of the "pro wrestling" business seems to be in great hands right now, at least from my perspective as an AEW fan. I don't know if the business will ever reach the heights of the 80s and 90s boom, plus the early 2000's, but I actually look forward to Wednesdays & Fridays now....

On 6/2/2021 at 3:55 PM, luvlz2 said:

Normally I don't order things from China but there is a 36 x 24 poster of John Paul Jones from his Them Crooked Vultures days that I really wanted. It's the only place that I could get the poster in that size. Ordered it April 23rd and it's giving me an arrival time between June 23rd and July 23rd I think. Quite a long wait.

So I waited about three months and a week before letting the ebay seller know that I had not received the John Paul Jones poster and so the seller immediately sent another poster and a week later I received one,  and a week after that I received the other one. I guess if I would have waited a week longer before contacting the seller, I would have received the poster and would not have to have contacted the seller. Oh well, now I got two for one, can't beat that! They are really cool see-through posters. This is the poster but not the same seller. Actually I just noticed the ebay listing for the John Paul Jones poster from the store in Shanghai has disappeared. That could either be because they just stopped selling them, or could have to do with recent events in China.

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BobDobbs said:

Greatest musical duo of all time, they just needed other people to sing the songs 😉 

Yeah they made Hall and Oates look like amateur hour! Simon and Garfunkel were not fit to tie their shoes 👟! Sam and Dave! Forget about it, Everly Brothers, no comparison. I have to say, to be deep thinking about Milley Vanilli is one of my favorite pastimes and I’m just thankful there is another human who I share that with. 

I personally have been spending a lot of time in Deep Thought about Right Said Fred!

4 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Yeah they made Hall and Oates look like amateur hour! Simon and Garfunkel were not fit to tie their shoes 👟! Sam and Dave! Forget about it, Everly Brothers, no comparison. I have to say, to be deep thinking about Milley Vanilli is one of my favorite pastimes and I’m just thankful there is another human who I share that with. 

I personally have been spending a lot of time in Deep Thought about Right Said Fred!

Just too sexy :hysterical:

21 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Ya know, the singer kinda looked like a buff, young Robert DiNiro with a shaved head.

Yeah he did. Like if Bobby D was 20-30lbs heavier in Taxi Driver. Alright, so if Right Said, and Milli Vanilli are just world class, are the Fine Young  Cannibals perhaps the worst band and group ever. Or more specifically did the lead singer have maybe the worst voice ever. I’ve been spending some time in deep thought about that.

13 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Yeah he did. Like if Bobby D was 20-30lbs heavier in Taxi Driver. Alright, so if Right Said, and Milli Vanilli are just world class, are the Fine Young  Cannibals perhaps the worst band and group ever. Or more specifically did the lead singer have maybe the worst voice ever. I’ve been spending some time in deep thought about that.

That guy from FYC is Roland Gift and he started out as an actor, then went into music, then went back to acting. His talking voice is fine but his singing voice, fugetaboutit!

On 9/6/2021 at 4:17 PM, paul carruthers said:

The news about co-vid seems to get more dire by the hour & I'm not so sure if the answer is as simple as telling people to get vaccinated--wouldn't it be wonderful if it was.

At times like this, I just feel the need to shut off the tv & go for a long walk in the refreshing night air....

That’s a great practice/habit to create or to do. And great advice. Sometimes just something as simple as shutting off all the noise around us can help us to get grounded and get some perspective, or at the least just remember to be in the moment, and to enjoy the simple things in life. I know I’m a couple weeks late on the reply to your post/thought. But I could not agree more.

Have a great night Paul. 

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That guy from FYC is Roland Gift and he started out as an actor, then went into music, then went back to acting. His talking voice is fine but his singing voice, fugetaboutit!

I did not know that about the acting. And hey, good for him that he had a hit record and I’m assuming made some coin and had some fun. I would like to think I have a better voice, I’m sure my daughter and wife would say it is a toss up. 

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Hahahaha! That just went to another level. Good for the Fraternity guy. I don’t think I understand how this generation below me has been able to monopolize the internet. It is amazing to me how this gentleman and countless others are able to make really good money just giving testimonies, or advice, or just talking about nothing. I have a little brother that was hired by EA sports from being involved in a basketball tournament online. Now this young man makes really good money designing NBA games and basically playing the game and making adjustments. And he was able to get this job over 10 years ago by simply spending way to much time in his room playing video games against other kids who were also spending way to much time in their rooms playing video games!

I was busy with a paper-route and mowing lawns, and actually playing sports for real. But hey, it takes all kinds and at the age of 45ish it is pretty interesting to watch and be a part of all the crazy changes that society is going through and has gone through. That’s what I’m in deep thought about. I also wish I enjoyed weed. I have tried to enjoy it. But the older I get, the more anxious I get, and the paranoia is just not worth it.But I’m jealous of those who can smoke, or eat their marijuana and have fun and not turn into a spun-out, worried, anxiety ridden, little tweaker! 

37 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Hahahaha! That just went to another level. Good for the Fraternity guy. I don’t think I understand how this generation below me has been able to monopolize the internet. It is amazing to me how this gentleman and countless others are able to make really good money just giving testimonies, or advice, or just talking about nothing. I have a little brother that was hired by EA sports from being involved in a basketball tournament online. Now this young man makes really good money designing NBA games and basically playing the game and making adjustments. And he was able to get this job over 10 years ago by simply spending way to much time in his room playing video games against other kids who were also spending way to much time in their rooms playing video games!

I was busy with a paper-route and mowing lawns, and actually playing sports for real. But hey, it takes all kinds and at the age of 45ish it is pretty interesting to watch and be a part of all the crazy changes that society is going through and has gone through. That’s what I’m in deep thought about. I also wish I enjoyed weed. I have tried to enjoy it. But the older I get, the more anxious I get, and the paranoia is just not worth it.But I’m jealous of those who can smoke, or eat their marijuana and have fun and not turn into a spun-out, worried, anxiety ridden, little tweaker! 

Yes the holy weed, the Icius-Stickius, the old Chronic. Lucky for me I do not have that issue as my job is quite stressful and a wee toke around 6pm does this body good. I do not smoke to get stoned or wasted, more just to mellow out and forget the daily bullshit otherwise, my mind races. It really is a godsend in my case as I do not like opioids, absolutely hate that disconnected, weird feeling they bring on. Can no longer drink to any degree as more than one, maybe two drinks is my limit, otherwise instant hangover, no buzz, plus, at 53 I do not wish to damage my mortal frame any more than I have to. So in that case it is a miracle. It really gives me that peaceful easy feeling, like an old Eagles song with a hot cup of Tweek Coffee, it's like a warm summers da...whoops, a bit distracted there. I rarely do edibles as the Ph of my stomach either neutralizes the affect or amplifies it so much I am both flying and couch-locked. No edibles for this hombre.

Anyway, it works for me 🙂