Comedian/Actor Robin Williams Dead of Suicide

SuperDave

Just heard this on my local radio news station. Just came over a few minutes ago. More info will be available soon I'm sure. He was 63. Supposedly of asphyxiation. Discovered this morning just before noon. First reports were by Drudge Report and Hollywood Reporter. A had battled depression and sobriety problems over the last few years! So sad and such a loss with so much talent! :angel:

RIP

This must be #3 after James Garner and Casey Kasem.

Not sure about that. Those two passed over three weeks ago. Usually, they are close in time. Doesn't matter really as losing Robin Williams is such a great loss and especially since he took his own life and the loved ones he left behind! How were things so bad that you can leave so much hurt to those who loved you so much? Doesn't make sense. This is too common of an occurrence with many celebrities and those who aren't!

Thanks. I am so saddened by this. I grew up watchng Mork and Mindy. :(

Me too. Seeing Robin Williams at the Universal Amphitheatre in 1979 (this must have been around the time of "Reality...What a Concept") was one of the funniest nights of my life. He'll firstly be remembered for his comedic skills and wacky comedies, naturally, but some of my most fondly remembered Robin Williams films are the quieter offbeat ones like "Moscow on the Hudson" and "The World According to Garp".

Archived